User Tag List

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree773Likes

Thread: Covid-19

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well done YOU on saying something! WELL DONE! ... and I LOVVVVEEEEE CONVOY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Well, I had to get groceries today. I tried to go when it was the least busiest and do a quick in and out. I'm in an aisle by myself. Here comes a guy, going the wrong way down the aisle. As he comes closer, I could not help myself, I blocked him with the cart and me beside the cart. He said excuse me. I said you are going the wrong way. He mumbled something and squeezed by my cart. Sorry, I should have said nothing. I said, you are the reason Ford said we are lockdown for more days!

Then, coming into the aisle the RIGHT way, was a convoy of 4 carts and 4 people.
    My new 'friend' had to turn around and pass me again, because he could not get through the convoy.

Tweets77 and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Had another incident of rudeness that is becoming all too common.

I was shopping in RCSS, when a man passed and sneered, "Wear a mask" in my direction. I was struck dumbfound by his arrogance and open rudeness. So, I shot back, "Mind your own business." He seemed quite annoyed that someone would dare speak back to him and again demanded, "Wear a mask.

Since I had time to collect myself, I thought to tell him, "Gee, I'm just a stupid Chinaman who must not be smart enough to know anything about Public Health Orders. I sure am glad there was a White Man around to tell me what to do!" Instead, I repeated for him to "Mind your own business."

I let him fume a bit in his self-importance and realization that I could not be bullied before telling him I had a medical exemption, (as if it were any business of his!)

The pandemic has brought out the best and worst in people; just because the PM said something or they 'saw it on TV', folks take it as sufficient justification to be as rude as they like. I never wanted his unsolicited advice or opinion, yet a total stranger thought that he had the right to impose it upon me. (This happens way more often that it should and from both sexes. -- I am absolutely certain that these same people would never dare to walk up to jaywalkers or smokers to admonish them on their behaviour.)

It should be noted that I have also been asked politely about my lack of a mask and I always return the same courtesy with civility. However, I also return rudeness when confronted with said same.
    Ciel likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    On the news they said that early reports are that Quebec's actions have decreased cases. Hope it continues for those in Quebec!
    We are at a critical point now where hospitals will have to decide who lives and who dies.

https://montrealgazette.com/news/loc...to-save-others
    Ciel and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Scrolling headline on CH Morning Live indicates that CDC in US is now requiring air passengers returning to the US to provide negative COVID-19 test results. Wonder who got that requirement finally installed?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-to-...rs-11610472867

In other news, the Canadian government is keeping the border closed with the US against non-essential travel until Feb. 21.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/can...lair-1.5870109

Think the travel and hospitality industry are going to need an open border after Feb. 22 to salvage something of winter travel business.
    Would like to know how warm destination countries are coping with domestic COVID-19 testing and quarantines.
    GoodBoy likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    In other news, the Canadian government is keeping the border closed with the US against non-essential travel until Feb. 21.
    Think the travel and hospitality industry are going to need an open border after Feb. 22 to salvage something of winter travel business.
    Not likely going to open Feb.22 either. The date to re-open the CAN-US border has been extended several times since last summer. It won't re-open until the US actually gets things under control and they arent the most infected country on the planet. Biden only takes office next week. While there might be a decline, i find it highly doubtful their numbers will drop drastically within a month to warrant re-opening the borders.

If I was to wage my bet, we wont see the CAN-US border open until the summer.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dagney View Post
    Asked for the supervisor’s name and demanded her last name - was told NO! - was given the information she need to file a complaint.
    Really attacking the workers who have to follow rules mandated from above will not change the rules.
    This couple deserve each other and I hope karma pays them back. What a display of rudeness!
    This is not meant to be argumentative or contrarian, but there may be legitimate reasons for requesting accurate identification of an individual staff member.

1) If the supervisor's name is common, such as Dave or John, there can be several employees with that same moniker. I, too, have requested additional identifiers such as a last initial or job title, purely for the purpose of clarification. Of course, no personal information that would allow someone to harass someone needs to be disclosed.

2) I am of an older generation that still addresses others with Ma'am or Mister and try not to be overly familiar with staff. To me, this maintains separation and an air of professionalism. I know that this may not be common current practice.

Of course, there is no excuse for rudeness.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Where I live there are no mask exemptions. Period.

I don't think that people aren't 'minding their own business'. They are being self-protective. And, TBH, I'm not sure where race comes into any of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Had another incident of rudeness that is becoming all too common.

I was shopping in RCSS, when a man passed and sneered, "Wear a mask" in my direction. I was struck dumbfound by his arrogance and open rudeness. So, I shot back, "Mind your own business." He seemed quite annoyed that someone would dare speak back to him and again demanded, "Wear a mask.

Since I had time to collect myself, I thought to tell him, "Gee, I'm just a stupid Chinaman who must not be smart enough to know anything about Public Health Orders. I sure am glad there was a White Man around to tell me what to do!" Instead, I repeated for him to "Mind your own business."

I let him fume a bit in his self-importance and realization that I could not be bullied before telling him I had a medical exemption, (as if it were any business of his!)

The pandemic has brought out the best and worst in people; just because the PM said something or they 'saw it on TV', folks take it as sufficient justification to be as rude as they like. I never wanted his unsolicited advice or opinion, yet a total stranger thought that he had the right to impose it upon me. (This happens way more often that it should and from both sexes. -- I am absolutely certain that these same people would never dare to walk up to jaywalkers or smokers to admonish them on their behaviour.)

It should be noted that I have also been asked politely about my lack of a mask and I always return the same courtesy with civility. However, I also return rudeness when confronted with said same.
    2shopmom likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by alex78 View Post
    Where I live there are no mask exemptions. Period.

I don't think that people aren't 'minding their own business'. They are being self-protective. And, TBH, I'm not sure where race comes into any of this.
    They aren't minding their own business, because we are both visitors/patrons/guests inside a third-party commercial establishment. If the proprietors and operators have no problem with me, then it is certainly none of their business. I have been approached by workers several times after customers raised concerns with store staff. This is the proper procedure and is perfectly acceptable. Every instance was resolved politely, once I told them of a medical exemption.

Check the fine print. Read the entire Public Health Order or post a link to your local health order, so that everyone can look for themselves. There are medical exemptions in Alberta, public Health order 38-2020 Nov 24, 2020. I could have missed it, but I did not find a province without an exemption. In which province do you reside? All provincial jurisdictions Health Orders can be found: Provincial and territorial resources for COVID-19.

If they can be 'self-protective', then I should be able to walk up to anyone and tell them that their smoking is dangerous to both themselves and me. Or, maybe I should approach overweight people and tell them to lose weight because they are putting a stress on my health care system. And, anyone spotted jaywalking should be called out and dressed down because they are putting traffic and others at risk.

Race comes into this since every single time I have been accosted, it has been from a Caucasian individual; seven men and one woman, thus far. However, I have been approached by others of various backgrounds (including caucasians) who address me with civility and respect. I returned the same courtesy in my responses. Of course, this isn't a condemnation of any one race and is a small statistical sample, but those are my empirical observations.
    Last edited by HermanH; Tue, Jan 19th, 2021 at 12:46 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

What Denmark's analysis of the COVID-19 variant is showing. And California has cases of this variant:
    https://www.latimes.com/california/s...avirus-variant

Meanwhile, The Toronto Star has revealed that the couple in Durham, Ontario who said they did not travel but had contact with UK visitor-they are healthcare professionals. They are now charged for failing to reveal the contact information earlier.
    https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/202...star_web_ymbii
    HermanH likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

There is an oral drug colchicine that is used to treat gout that are now used to treat COVID-19.

Not sure exactly how this works. If we get a positive test, do we ask our doctor for a prescription of colchicine?

https://www.icm-mhi.org/en/pressroom...-complications

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/quebec-r...d-19-1.5279310
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@couponmummy Unless Health Canada agrees to its off-label use by doctors, the drug could be off-limits without approval.

In case anyone waiting for mail from Canada Post coming through Mississauga ON, expect delays:
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...tion-1.5885785

I know the CUPW will cover pay for union members but what happens to the workers not yet full members or the contractors?
    couponmummy and crafter like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    There is an oral drug colchicine that is used to treat gout that are now used to treat COVID-19.

Not sure exactly how this works. If we get a positive test, do we ask our doctor for a prescription of colchicine?

https://www.icm-mhi.org/en/pressroom...-complications

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/quebec-r...d-19-1.5279310
    If you get a positive test and are able to quarantine at home, Quebec Health Authority works with you.
    If you get a positive test and are not doing well, you will be under the care of hospital and treatments/medications will be as per the hospital's protocol.
    bhlombardy, Ciel and couponmummy like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by PayneEdward View Post
    I had a similar situation! People are mad with these masks...
    And now the 'experts' are advocating wearing TWO at the same time!

This just in!!! Various experts now say we should be wearing TWO masks, not just one. I've seen two different such experts on NBC in the past couple of days, and this:

In recent months, a growing number of public figures including football coaches and politicians have been spotted wearing two masks — usually a cloth covering over a medical-grade mask. “If you have a physical covering with one layer, you put another layer on, it just makes common sense that it likely would be more effective,” said Anthony S. Fauci, the nation’s top infectious-disease expert, during a January appearance on the “Today” show.
    in this Washington Post article.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

My homemade masks and two store-bought ones are double layered versions but without any foam or paper filters. Should health protocols ever go as far as saying we can only wear medical-grade masks (I see that some healthcare professionals are requiring them for visits-masks may be provided), I am out of luck as I am having some breathing issues that prevent wearing masks for long stretches of time while walking outside (about half of the walkers I pass may be wearing masks while walking). INdoors for light activity or sitting, I can manage for a certain period of time. Carrying a load of something in one hand, I tend to mouth breathe to get more air in (seem to have become a much shallower breather too and I am wondering about that), as I am using a cane for walks to get around.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ontario lockdown/zone changes coming for this week-only three areas go Green.
    https://www.thestar.com/politics/pro...n-ontario.html

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information