User Tag List

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree773Likes

Thread: Covid-19

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Ontario lockdown/zone changes coming for this week-only three areas go Green.
    https://www.thestar.com/politics/pro...n-ontario.html
    IMO, the Ford govt. is still erring on the side of insufficient caution. He talks about how the numbers are dropping from the peaks reached a few weeks ago, but with no mention of how very high they still are. For example, according to the running numbers on CBC, the current ON average of 1400+ new cases per day is nearly triple the peak last spring. Hospitalizations are still slightly above the spring peak, and the number of ICU beds filled is about 30% higher. Thankfully, deaths are a bit lower.

Fwiw, another possible comparison for the 1400+ new cases per day, one that I find pretty eye-opening, is that the lowest average reached last summer, was ~80. Yes, 80; this is not a typo. So, while 1400+ per day is a lot lower than 3000+ a few weeks ago, it's also a lot higher than 80.

Taking into consideration that there are far more contagious variants now, I simply can't believe it's a good time to be easing restrictions.
    francine1985 and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Completely agree @Arjon . It's too soon.
    francine1985 likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Hamilton ON will be in the list of regions that will move to RED-Control status next week.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

it's incredibly foolish to be lifting restrictions when the more easily transmissible variant b.1.1.7 is on the rise here.
    even more concerning is an associated variation of the b.1.1.7, the e484k mutation. the e484k mutation makes it easier for the virus to get past the immune system. this mutation has been found in the south african and brazilian versions of the virus as well.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/202...-province.html

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n359
    Last edited by heartgirl99; Sat, Feb 13th, 2021 at 08:00 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

One variant, 10 provinces. What, it only took about 4 weeks to spread that far since the first report came out in Ontario?
    https://ca.yahoo.com/news/contagious...232509284.html
    walkonby likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    One variant, 10 provinces. What, it only took about 4 weeks to spread that far since the first report came out in Ontario?
    To be fair, we dont know how long it took to spread... it may have been spreading before the first one in Ontario was discovered.
    The first one discovered doesnt mean that it's the first person to have had it.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Tue, Feb 16th, 2021 at 11:30 PM.
    Ciel and Darth Penguin like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

You make a valid point that first reported variant case does not necessarily mean it's the first person to get the variant. However, since the Durham region release of two cases of UK variant in January, it seems only 4 weeks have passed since that report and now there are cases across the country.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

In praise of good GIF! Google has a masked logo that shows social distancing too! Thought I'd post and share it here.
    cath007, alex78, GoodBoy and 1 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Our BC has a infection rate of 1,000 + last week before the Easter weekend, Dr Bonnie H. she ordered indoor dining gone so to cut these rates down, the restaurants has to cut some slack by turning into patio dining. In fact these infections rates are probably from protests and illegal parties and fearless teens young ppl yikes! Some restaurants has to close down ie Chinese eateries
    Ciel and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

In New Brunswick parts of zone 4 are going into lockdown at midnight tonight while other parts are still staying yellow or red. They announced several exposure notifications in zone 1 (where I live) as well as a few other zones. The good news is they canceled the every day in school high school that was supposed to go into effect on Monday. My kids aren’t in high school but I still thought it was a bad idea to overcrowd classes when numbers are increasing including the more deadly and contagious variant. (Some of my kids friends have siblings in high school.)

I meant to post this in the general discussion covid thread not the rant covid thread. I won’t delete it but it doesn’t exactly belong in this thread.
    Last edited by francine1985; Sat, Apr 10th, 2021 at 09:28 PM.
    Ciel, cath007 and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Just heard from a friend that local Dollar Tree store is doing the same thing as the Dollarama chain-taped off all aisles except the one grocery aisle and the health and beauty aisle for essential purchases.

California has one confirmed case of double-variant COVID-19 in the Bay Area. https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/08/rese...lifornia-.html

Johnson & Johnson vaccines are to arrive in Canada at the end of April, for people waiting for one-dose vaccines. https://globalnews.ca/news/7728619/j...ovid-19-april/
    cath007 and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

CDC and FDA recommend US pause use of Johnson & Johnson's Covid-19 vaccine over blood clot concerns

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/13/healt...fda/index.html
    cath007 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I read online today that some AB pharmacies were giving out second doses of Astra Zeneca to those who had the first one 4 weeks ago- which is me. So I popped down to the pharmacy this evening with no waiting and got it done. Good luck to all those getting their vaccines soon-and those waiting as they are in the younger age groups. I would have rather had my daughter get her first dose before I got my second but that is not the way it works-and if other folks do not wish the AZ or cannot take it I can't see it going to waste.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

rexall texted me to make appointment for hubby. so hes going friday morning. finally! im so relieved. he was on 3 wait lists.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by heartgirl99 View Post
    CDC and FDA recommend US pause use of Johnson & Johnson's Covid-19 vaccine over blood clot concerns

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/13/healt...fda/index.html
    Not wishing a clot on anyone wanting this particular vaccine. I understand J&J vaccines are due at the end of April in Canada, so I am speculating the following week in May is when first dibs on this vaccine are possible? I know someone who wants this very vaccine but we cannot figure out how the information will be made known as it's a one-jab and you're done vaccine.
    cath007 likes this.

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information