User Tag List

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree773Likes

Thread: Covid-19

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Not wishing a clot on anyone wanting this particular vaccine. I understand J&J vaccines are due at the end of April in Canada, so I am speculating the following week in May is when first dibs on this vaccine are possible? I know someone who wants this very vaccine but we cannot figure out how the information will be made known as it's a one-jab and you're done vaccine.
    @Ciel , the doses that arrive each week are updated here
    https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...e-rollout.html
    cath007 and Ciel21 like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Just heard from a friend that local Dollar Tree store is doing the same thing as the Dollarama chain-taped off all aisles except the one grocery aisle and the health and beauty aisle

Johnson & Johnson vaccines are to arrive in Canada at the end of April, for people waiting for one-dose vaccines. https://globalnews.ca/news/7728619/j...ovid-19-april/
    Forgot all about the ‘essential’ sales last week when I headed to the Dollar Tree looking for a meat thermometer and kitchen timer.

So, we’re being encouraged to do our own cooking instead of going to restaurants (and honestly who can afford take out daily?)

Anyway - was told they could not sell either of those items I can see jewellery, makeup etc etc - but a meat thermometer? Looks like I wouldn’t have been able to get a large serving spoon or soup ladle if I’d wanter, either.
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by endi2000; Mon, May 3rd, 2021 at 02:47 PM.
    2shopmom, Shwa Girl and Ciel21 like this.
    My Orange Key 44990243S1

https://surveys.gobranded.com/users/...f49b113b291653

Starting a new Chapter in the Golden Horseshoe in 2017!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Long weekend. We are hearing fireworks. Checked local regulations and they say they are not giving any permits for this year for fireworks. So fireworks just for one? No. Gonna have people around.

At work we are still dealing with Mother's Day gatherings. Lady was upset and did not know what to do. Got together for Mother's Day because she has not seen her family in 6 months. Just one person there was sneezing. But that didn't mean anything because the sneezer has seasonal allergies. WRONG. It was COVID. So the upset lady is stuck at home for 14 days. And everybody that got together. Including a little kid. And maybe the kid's day care center.....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

Its frustrating to see people who should know better and are in a line of work that directly impacts patients doing things that are questionable and against public health advice.
    If they don't understand it...???

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Long weekend. We are hearing fireworks. Checked local regulations and they say they are not giving any permits for this year for fireworks. So fireworks just for one? No. Gonna have people around.

At work we are still dealing with Mother's Day gatherings. Lady was upset and did not know what to do. Got together for Mother's Day because she has not seen her family in 6 months. Just one person there was sneezing. But that didn't mean anything because the sneezer has seasonal allergies. WRONG. It was COVID. So the upset lady is stuck at home for 14 days. And everybody that got together. Including a little kid. And maybe the kid's day care center.....
    Shwa Girl and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

I'm so tired of people hounding me to hurry up and book my covid vaccine. I’ve explained numerous times that I will wait until they follow the proper manufacturer timelines of 14-21 days for the second vaccine dose. I have the luxury to wait since I’m a stay at home mom in the Atlantic provinces and only go out to get the kids from school. Dh takes them to school and does the outside errands like groceries and bank runs but he’s currently working from home so even his public exposure is minimal. I’m not against the vaccine and actually really want to take it but I will wait longer for my turn to take it properly and not join long gap experiment!
    Last edited by francine1985; Tue, Jun 1st, 2021 at 07:32 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just booked DH's second dose for Saturday-his first was March 20 so definitely quicker than the expected 16 weeks-which I am thankful for-especially since he is expecting a hip replacement this summer and it is best if he is fully vaccinated prior.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    I'm so tired of people hounding me to hurry up and book my covid vaccine. I’ve explained numerous times that I will wait until they follow the proper manufacturer timelines of 14-21 days for the second vaccine dose. I have the luxury to wait since I’m a stay at home mom in the Atlantic provinces and only go out to get the kids from school. Dh takes them to school and does the outside errands like groceries and bank runs but he’s currently working from home so even his public exposure is minimal. I’m not against the vaccine and actually really want to take it but I will wait longer for my turn to take it properly and not join long gap experiment!
    Waiting? I can understand that. What they did with the people who got their first rona shot of Astra Zeneca... I am feel for them. How can the federal and provincial governments mess this up so badly! People having to scramble and worry about their second dose?!?! This is unbelievably bad planning and bad medical advice from some highly paid people who should know better.

I see there is a class action law suit on behalf of the people who got Astra Zeneca.
    https://torontosun.com/news/national...g-trudeaus-way
    francine1985, walkonby and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    I'm so tired of people hounding me to hurry up and book my covid vaccine. I’ve explained numerous times that I will wait until they follow the proper manufacturer timelines of 14-21 days for the second vaccine dose.
    I am of the same mindset. I'll follow the manufacturer's recommendation and not some bureaucrat/politician trying to cover up his agency's inept handling of vaccines.
    francine1985 and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Banking.
    Before COVID they would not let you in with a mask on.
    During COVID they want you to wear a mask and clean your hands before seeing the teller to get your 'clean' cash
    Ciel21 likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Grocery shopping.
    Before COVID you tried not to forget your bag before going into the store.
    During COVID you tried not to forget your mask before going into the store.
    Ciel21 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just saw a customer in Fortinos with a cart yesterday and he had some groceries in his PC tote. That's a no-no as in 2019, the store started no groceries in personal shopping bags/totes before purchase campaign.

Going to post the Stage opening guidelines for Ontario that depends on certain vaccination rates to guide reopening. We are in Stage 1 as of Friday June 11 in Ontario.
    https://www.ontario.ca/page/reopening-ontario

BTW Ontario government wants its residents to report price gouging. There's a tollfree number on this site: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/

I spent some quality time reading recent Twitter posts by Vaccine Hunters Canada and a link to Vaxlocator.ca -doesn't seem that any location has yet acquired the J&J vaccine in the L postal code range.
    (Canadawide posts about clinics with vaccines and eligibility/walk-ins/appt requirements) https://twitter.com/vaxhunterscan
    https://vaxlocator.ca/
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    I spent some quality time reading recent Twitter posts by Vaccine Hunters Canada and a link to Vaxlocator.ca -doesn't seem that any location has yet acquired the J&J vaccine in the L postal code range.
    I think that CTV reported that they are going to toss all 300K+ of them.
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...ssue-1.5467374
    Ciel21 likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks @HermanH ! I jokingly told my friend she might be well waiting into late fall at this rate of information about that particular vaccine.
    I missed the batch toss news but knew about the US plant issue before Canada got its batch of J&J vaccines.
    HermanH likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Ciel21 I am pretty sure I heard somewhere that Canada was not going to to approve the Johnson & Johnson Vaccine they do not feel at this time a 4th vaccine option is needed. The same as the US will not be approving AZ vaccine as they do not feel a 4th vaccine option is needed.
    Ciel21 likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think it'll be harder to reach the vaccination targets in Ontario unless the one-shot J&J vaccine get into use. I am aware that various health units would love to have them to reach the unhoused or transient populace to help attain herd immunity for the province.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information