User Tag List

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Like Tree773Likes

Thread: Covid-19

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What are they handing out for boosters around where you all live...it is Moderna around here.
    dededi and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    @crafter, that's a good idea to wait until after the booster dose to get together. After 14 days, you can be sure that the body will be fully vaccinated.
    Thanks your feedback means a lot. Honestly I felt really bad telling my parents we wouldn't see them in person for a bit but I had a nagging "bad feeling" re hubby's safety. My Mom has a super hard time staying at home. She told me that they cancelled a "group dinner at a restaurant because of covid" and then proceeded to go out to a local restaurant the next morning to meet up with some friends. We'll stick to the full wait period for DH. I was boostered a couple of weeks ago.
    dededi and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Those ON residents who book appointments for the GO Vaxx bus get Pfizer doses. I have not read or heard differently.

Today, CHCH Morning Live was outside Lime Ridge Mall showing the lineup for the rapid testing kits just after 8am! Round two supposedly occurs tomorrow. Seems that handout can start well before 9am start time-be prepared if you are going to the mall tomorrow.

If there are SCers who are registered for Pocket Health to store their digital records (and any family members' records, if you got the family subscription), Pocket Health is not charging for uploads of vaccination records (up to 5) to your account (after logging into your account, click Health Records>Vaccinations. You can just pick COVID Vaccine but there are numbered dose options too. There's also a way to store your vaccination record on the home screen of your smartphone (Android or Apple). Usually Pocket Health charges $5 per file transfer.
    Using PocketHealth to store your COVID-19 vaccination receipt? Get quicker access to it by adding a direct link to it on your mobile phone home screen!
    1. Log into PocketHealth using this link
    2. Select the "vaccinations" sub-category
    3. Once you have selected your COVID-19 record or QR code, click on the three dots (for Android) or the share icon (for iPhone), then select “Add to Home Screen” to add a direct link to your mobile home screen
    I had stored my vaccine passport in the system when I printed off my passport a day before the October link expired, but tonight, I uploaded the first dose record as well. I am moving the actual dose file to my USB stick for safekeeping and I have a printed passport with QR code laminated from two months ago. Still have to decide to spend the Jan $$ for new photo card or skip it and just not dine-in at food courts for the next while.

By the way of storing digital records-if you use Hamilton Health Sciences or Joseph Brant Hospital (Burlington), there's a MyChart digital health record system that is free. I just don't know if you can link records from both hospital systems into one file or not. Jo Brant also mentions the Pocket Health option but HHS does not show the Pocket Health link (it is part of the 500 providers that are using Pocket Health).
    crafter and dededi like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey! You have to take on the role of patient advocate, and if you frame it this way: everyone has the right to feel safe in any way that they want.
    We have done the same in my family with just dinner with my parents and me and my spouse for XMAS--and FYI--cooking for four was was easier. My sister has unfortunately been a crazy throughout this and has said some really awful things to my parents who are reluctant to see the grandkids because they are not vaccinated. If you want a little bit of a laugh and confirmation that most folks feel the same way, check out Jim Gaffigans new Netflix special. Be kind to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    Thanks your feedback means a lot. Honestly I felt really bad telling my parents we wouldn't see them in person for a bit but I had a nagging "bad feeling" re hubby's safety. My Mom has a super hard time staying at home. She told me that they cancelled a "group dinner at a restaurant because of covid" and then proceeded to go out to a local restaurant the next morning to meet up with some friends. We'll stick to the full wait period for DH. I was boostered a couple of weeks ago.
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post

i would be the same.. heck i actually did something similar... we were going to do a pre-christmas at my parents place (they are going away a few days after christmas) but my mom was feeling a touch under the weather and even just incase went out and got a covid test done we said we'd come up if the test was negative.. which it was (she figures it was just a side effect of getting her booster shot a few days prior, since they have been very stringent for the previous few weeks about using quality masks and not being out in public) sometimes you have to do what is best for your bubble.. i've personally cut back my outings and upped my mask game (proper disposable or a KN95 for an area that might be busier-aka today at walmart) the numbers are jumping at a rapid pace too much to ignore
    Giseledta, ROMEO, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

We’ve been having a long horrible week. Dh tested positive for Covid on Monday (Valentine’s day) so I had to cancel my dentist appointment, cancel ds2’s 2nd vaccine dose, and pick up the kids from school. Me and the kids all tested negative and I moved into the living room. I woke up feeling sick Wednesday morning and I tested positive. Both kids were still feeling good but we still tested the kids Wednesday evening and ds2 was positive but ds1 was negative. Ds1 moved a tv and game system into his room to isolate in there and we eliminated the bedtime internet shut off. (He comes in to make us turn the internet on when he wakes up, we wanted to avoid this)… this afternoon ds1 developed a cough and sore throat and he tested positive too. We’ve been doing everything right, dh gets the groceries alone, if he eats he goes outside instead of eating in the restaurant, we sanitize everything that comes into the house, and we put our clothes in the hamper then shower whenever we get home from anywhere. Dh hasn’t been able to work all week but I think he’s still supposed to be payed.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

So sorry this happened to your family Francine. Hope you are all well soon!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    Me and the kids all tested negative and I moved into the living room. I woke up feeling sick Wednesday morning and I tested positive.
    You were likely already infected before undertaking isolation measures, but your levels probably just weren't high enough to register on the test. Sounds like your cases are relatively mild. Hope that they stay that way for you.
    JadeAngel and francine1985 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@francine1985 hope you and your family feel better soon
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Some more troubling news ( from the USA ) about the ever mutating covid....omicron this time.

A subvariant of Omicron known as BA.2 is spreading fast and may cause severe disease, research from Japan suggests.
    New lab experiments show BA.2 is capable of thwarting some of the key weapons we have against Covid-19,including being
    able to escape the immunity created by vaccines.

It also appears to be resistant to some monoclonal antibody treatments currently being used to fight Omicron. BA.2 is highly mutated when compared with the original virus that emerged in Wuhan, China.
    It has been detected in 74 countries and 47 US states, and about 4% of Americans with Covid-19 now have infections caused by BA.2, according to data from the CDC.
    JadeAngel and dededi like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@francine1985 : hope you and your familly will start to feel better soon
    JadeAngel, francine1985 and dededi like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

We’ve been having a long horrible week. Dh tested positive for Covid on Monday (Valentine’s day) so I had to cancel my dentist appointment, cancel ds2’s 2nd vaccine dose, and pick up the kids from school. Me and the kids all tested negative and I moved into the living room. I woke up feeling sick Wednesday morning and I tested positive. Both kids were still feeling good but we still tested the kids Wednesday evening and ds2 was positive but ds1 was negative. Ds1 moved a tv and game system into his room to isolate in there and we eliminated the bedtime internet shut off. (He comes in to make us turn the internet on when he wakes up, we wanted to avoid this)… this afternoon ds1 developed a cough and sore throat and he tested positive too. We’ve been doing everything right, dh gets the groceries alone, if he eats he goes outside instead of eating in the restaurant, we sanitize everything that comes into the house, and we put our clothes in the hamper then shower whenever we get home from anywhere. Dh hasn’t been able to work all week but I think he’s still supposed to be payed.
    @francine1985 - Hope you feel better soon. Its roughly the same with our case when we got COVID in March 2021, before everyone got vaccinated and boosted. My son brought it home from school. The kids got the milder case, with just a cold. But me and DH were pretty sick for over 2 weeks. My cough was so bad, I almost went to the hospital. It felt like my lungs were going to shoot off my back. Thankfully, I ended up finishing 2 bottles of cough medication and it was cured.

Hope you and your family feels better soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

I’m finally feeling better today. The head fogginess and constant dizziness seem to be completely gone, I haven’t thrown up in 2 days, my sore throat is now mildly scratchy, mild cough and stuffy nose remain. I only slept 5 hours last night but feel much better rested than when I was sleeping 12+ hours a day but feeling like I didn’t sleep at all, my body aches and eye swelling are also gone.

the kids are still having mild scratchy throats, slightly stuffy nose, very mild cough… but lots of energy. They will be going back to school on the 28th.

dh doesn’t seem to be feeling better yet. He ended up getting chest X-rays which were clear as well as blood and urine tests which were good. His lungs and back ache from all his coughing so it was a relief to know that it’s just from strain and NOT from pneumonia settling in.

thank you to everyone for the well wishes.
    harbie, JadeAngel, GoJays and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

my sore throat is now mildly scratchy
    Glad to hear that you are feeling better. I've always liked honey for sore throats. Anyone else have favoured throat remedies?
    JadeAngel likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Glad to hear that you are feeling better. I've always liked honey for sore throats. Anyone else have favoured throat remedies?
    I’m usually a coffee drinker but I’ve been having vitamin fortified teas with honey while I’ve been sick. It’s helped me stay hydrated and was soothing too… that being said once I get my smell and taste back I won’t continue drinking it because I hate the taste of teas.
    JadeAngel and HermanH like this.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread Information