User Tag List

View Poll Results: QOTD: Did you do a coronavirus grocery shop or did you do your regular grocery shop?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't need to do a coronavirus grocery haul

5 22.73%
  • Yes, I did a coronavirus shop for groceries

2 9.09%
  • I have a stockpile already so I'm good

16 72.73%
  • What is coronavirus?

1 4.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Coronavirus shopping: did you fill a grocery cart or did just normal grocery shop?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

We know SCs are good at finding deals. We know that SCs stock up on a little extra groceries when there is a sale, especially on nonperishables.
    Did you do a coronavirus shop or did you do your normal grocery shopping?
    Are you running out of any groceries because your stockpile is down?
    Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

My stock pile is not down because whenever there is a promo or sale I take advantage of it. Lots of paper products here, Laundry, cleaning, Feminine’s Hygiene, Also a freezer full of meat and seafood along with some other essential food item that my family used, we also have lots of dry and can food that we used. My Dog is also good with his food and treats for about a month.
    I do not need to stock up on anything. I will only have to buy fresh fruits ,veggies, bread , milk, yogurt, eggs .and other. Non perishable food items .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I stocked up - double what I usually spend, in case I get sick with a cold or whatever.
    Shwa Girl, KelJo and Thatdone like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

This week like every other week out shop has been the same.We just go and get the sale items and items we might be getting low of. My stockepile is probably the same as most people here and is a fairly good size. I usually have a overstock of most items because when ever my kids come and visit they normally take a couple of bags of things home with them. Even when we go visit them they will normally tell us what they are running low of so we will bring the items with us. My daugter lives in my basement apartment and she tells everyone that she lives next door to a variety store. She just opens her apartment door and there is my stock pile.
    Last edited by Thatdone; Sun, Mar 15th, 2020 at 08:55 AM.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Mine isn't great, But I've got enough food, nonperishables, and paper products to last at least a month if I push it a little. My friend in Whitby on the other hand should be well set for over a month even with her three boys. I always make sure they are well stocked on anything we can get our hands on for cheap. Even if herr boys don't like it, it's what they're getting for now until everything calms down a little.

And the stockpile will definitely help her considering she was temporarily laid off from both her jobs (Both Hotels), so now they are living on only her husbands income and what little government benefits she still gets... It will be tricky for her the next little while, and the saying we have comes into play now more than ever... "BBBBBUUUUUDDDDGGGGEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!! !!"

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

I did a regular shop for my elderly mother on Friday. The store was more busy than it is right before Christmas. No bottled water, no tp, no fresh meat and lots of frozen stuff gone. People have gone nuts.
    Shwa Girl and KelJo like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

In my area, the panic buying started on Thur. I did a normal small shop (~10 items) just after 10am, at which time the store was clearly busier than usual, but only enough so I had to wait a minute or two for a self-checkout vs. usually no wait with multiple terminals open at that hour.

A few hours later, I popped into a different store on my way to run an unrelated errand, but only to get a gift card, so it was a no-brainer to leave when I saw the lines.

On Fri., while out on another unrelated errand, I would have made a stop or two to get a few non-perishables to give away or donate if the stores had been normal. But they weren't, so I didn't. I did pull into two parking lots, but with no intention of getting out of the car or going into the stores, only because I was curious to see the crowds were like.

I seldom grocery shop on weekends, so since the panic buying hit my area, I've purchased less than I normally would have. And thankfully, we won't run out of anything for quite a while except for fresh meat and produce but we have ample frozen and canned.
    walkonby, Shwa Girl and KelJo like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I typically do, and continue to do, small shops a couple of times a week. This week was no different. I found some great deals so I did stock up on those items, but that was and continues to be, business as usual.
    Shwa Girl and KelJo like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I will admit, I did buy 1 extra bag of milk (would have normally only bought 1 bag) and 1 extra carton of eggs (again normally would only buy 1 carton), now with this being said my store had stock on both of these items and me buying 1 extra should not leave someone without.

I have a healthy stockpile and I did grab a package of chicken breast when I went to Costco last week just in case, but honestly with or without covid-19 I probably would have grabbed the chicken breasts.

For now my household is good my only worry is how long will this go on as now people who did not intend to or would not have panic shopped are being forced to due to other people's actions. I know people who are not worried about covid-19 but are worried if they do not panic shop like everyone else their family will have to go without, so now they are panic shopping.

As well we also put a plan in place, as I said we are fully stock so what we will do for now is consume fresh first (as we always do) continue to see if we can buy fresh when on sale and leave frozen and canned on hand for just in case we are quarantined. We have also discussed meals options if we had to go 2 or 3 weeks without shopping, yes there would be small changes for us but honestly we have gone 2 or 3 weeks in the past not shopping (aside from maybe stopping to just grab milk or eggs) due to our schedules. Really my only concern would be milk so I will probably freeze a bag or two just to have on hand just in case.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

I just did my normal weekly shop bc they announced afterwards about schools being closed for extra time! I bought a few extras knowing the kids are home and typically with sales I try to grab a few extras anyways. We have food for a few wks if we are unable to go out but I will need to replenish fresh foods.

I did some shopping for a family member who isn't able to get out often. It was quite difficult finding a few necessities for her. Very fustrating as well!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    walkonby, Shwa Girl, KelJo and 2 others like this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

I live in a small remote area and we just had our first case confirmed in NL yesterday. People have gone nuts but I understand the panic. We have groceries and supplies delivered by ferry once a week and there are not many stores so people are limited on their choices. I did stock up a couple of weeks ago but like most couponers I'm usually pretty stocked up on most items. I went to the grocery store today for a few things and supplies were low I must admit. There was still toilet paper, $7.49 for 6 rolls of Cashmere I had lots already so left that for others. I picked up the last 2 bags of carrots as they were on sale 2/$3.00 but I heard a lady at the register say she was looking for some and couldn't find them so I gave her one of the bags I had in my cart. In case there is an issue with our ferry (and the pack ice is starting to move in too) I'm completely stocked up for a few+ months and will share anything that I can with my neighbours, etc if needed!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Mine isn't great, But I've got enough food, nonperishables, and paper products to last at least a month if I push it a little. My friend in Whitby on the other hand should be well set for over a month even with her three boys. I always make sure they are well stocked on anything we can get our hands on for cheap. Even if herr boys don't like it, it's what they're getting for now until everything calms down a little.

And the stockpile will definitely help her considering she was temporarily laid off from both her jobs (Both Hotels), so now they are living on only her husbands income and what little government benefits she still gets... It will be tricky for her the next little while, and the saying we have comes into play now more than ever... "BBBBBUUUUUDDDDGGGGEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!! !!"
    Your friend should be able to get employment insurance, sine the provincial government is waiving the wait period for EI, and know some are having a hard time with their job due to coronavirus.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KelJo View Post
    I live in a small remote area and we just had our first case confirmed in NL yesterday. People have gone nuts but I understand the panic. We have groceries and supplies delivered by ferry once a week and there are not many stores so people are limited on their choices. I did stock up a couple of weeks ago but like most couponers I'm usually pretty stocked up on most items. I went to the grocery store today for a few things and supplies were low I must admit. There was still toilet paper, $7.49 for 6 rolls of Cashmere I had lots already so left that for others. I picked up the last 2 bags of carrots as they were on sale 2/$3.00 but I heard a lady at the register say she was looking for some and couldn't find them so I gave her one of the bags I had in my cart. In case there is an issue with our ferry (and the pack ice is starting to move in too) I'm completely stocked up for a few+ months and will share anything that I can with my neighbours, etc if needed!
    @KelJo , you are wicked awesome!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I though the wait time was only waived if you were quarantined due to covid-19, it does not apply to lay offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Your friend should be able to get employment insurance, sine the provincial government is waiving the wait period for EI, and know some are having a hard time with their job due to coronavirus.
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I though the wait time was only waived if you were quarantined due to covid-19, it does not apply to lay offs.
    @SassyAshley , you are correct. This is the current situation. But prime minister Justin announced today that they are looking at ways to help people being laid off because they must go in to work and can't work from home.
    SassyAshley likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information