User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Are Stores REALLY doing all they can to protect their workers or is it BS?

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

@sweetmomma
    i did it on my laptop, not sure if it's mobile friendly
    first i had to create an account, then verify my account
    when i was connected with a physician, i was asked to upload a photo of my driver license
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    @sweetmomma
    i did it on my laptop, not sure if it's mobile friendly
    first i had to create an account, then verify my account
    when i was connected with a physician, i was asked to upload a photo of my driver license
    Thank you! The service was still free?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Ciel likes this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

according to the post it is free https://www.pcoptimum.ca/galen-updates

"If you don’t have your own physician, Shoppers Drug Mart has partnered with Maple to offer a virtual walk-in clinic that will quickly match you with a doctor or nurse through your phone or computer. Many provincial health programs already pay for this service. But if in your case they don’t, we’re currently covering the cost until April 10, and are working to try and extend that as long as we need to."
    Last edited by Purdee; Thu, Apr 2nd, 2020 at 04:39 PM.
    Ciel and sweetmomma like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

For those that have existing presriptiions with Costco and do not want to go and pick them up you can switch it to have it sent to their online pharmacy and have it shipped to you. Even if they charge me a bit for the service I dont really care at this point. I did not know it at the time but they have always had the ship to service.
    Here is the link for anyone interested
    https://www.costcopharmacy.ca/HowItWorks.aspx
    Ciel and walkonby like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    For those that have existing presriptiions with Costco and do not want to go and pick them up you can switch it to have it sent to their online pharmacy and have it shipped to you. Even if they charge me a bit for the service I dont really care at this point. I did not know it at the time but they have always had the ship to service.
    Here is the link for anyone interested
    https://www.costcopharmacy.ca/HowItWorks.aspx
    Thank you @Thatdone for this info I never new that this service exist.Now will be the perfect time for my family to access there medication using the mail delivery
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i've found the stores are hit and miss around here.... and even the same store the practices will vary... for example walmart was wiping down cart handles at some point but other points of the day it wasn't (nor were wipes available for those who wished to wipe down a cart) i've been hearing similar situation at costco when it comes to wiping down the handles of the carts... and some of the other grocery stores around town.. though this might in part be a staffing issue.. today as i was going through the walmart till one of the produce bags i was buying the back seam was open i asked the staff if they could exchange it for a non-open bag i was told no they don't have the staff to go get one i'd have to do it myself

I do get that these are stressful times for many, many of the staff feel under pressure.. i have heard some true horror stories from staff in grocery/retail/service stores.. many staff are truly earning their hazard pay with what they are having to put up with and it's not ok, it angers me soo much to hear that my friend who works as a cashier has been yelled at, has had product and money thrown at her by customers and this was all just in 1 day, she has to deal with these things every day, she comes home at the end of her shift worn out and exhausted and i know what she has been dealing with is not uncommon at the moment.. it is not the cashiers or staff's fault that they are out of stock on something, they also do not set the price of anything.. they are dealing with this stressful situation too and by golly we need to be nice to each other
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i've found the stores are hit and miss around here.... and even the same store the practices will vary... for example walmart was wiping down cart handles at some point but other points of the day it wasn't (nor were wipes available for those who wished to wipe down a cart) i've been hearing similar situation at costco when it comes to wiping down the handles of the carts... and some of the other grocery stores around town.. though this might in part be a staffing issue.. today as i was going through the walmart till one of the produce bags i was buying the back seam was open i asked the staff if they could exchange it for a non-open bag i was told no they don't have the staff to go get one i'd have to do it myself

I do get that these are stressful times for many, many of the staff feel under pressure.. i have heard some true horror stories from staff in grocery/retail/service stores.. many staff are truly earning their hazard pay with what they are having to put up with and it's not ok, it angers me soo much to hear that my friend who works as a cashier has been yelled at, has had product and money thrown at her by customers and this was all just in 1 day, she has to deal with these things every day, she comes home at the end of her shift worn out and exhausted and i know what she has been dealing with is not uncommon at the moment.. it is not the cashiers or staff's fault that they are out of stock on something, they also do not set the price of anything.. they are dealing with this stressful situation too and by golly we need to be nice to each other
    Good post.
    About the inconsistencies, I am wondering if they have hired new staff, who don't know all the procedures yet.

About the broken produce bag and staff wanting you to leave the till to get one for yourself, that happened to me before COVID-19. I noticed that inside the produce bag, one apple was rotten. When I asked the cashier to call the produce department, she said no one usually answers and it would be faster if I got it myself. I had not paid yet. I just started putting items on the belt. I said, sure I'll get it. As I was walking away, she said, No- after you pay. I said, No- security may wonder why I am taking bags and a cart to the produce department and putting items in my bags. As I was about to go to the produce department again, she said Wait- and got one of her colleagues from the FRONT to go to the produce department.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Sun, Apr 5th, 2020 at 12:47 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Fortinos Ancaster now has a red and white sign in capital letters-one cart one person-on the one set of doors. Also a crowd control tape and post system to divide entrance and exit "aisles" at that one set of doors.

Shoppers (smaller Ancaster store) has a limit of 20 shoppers sign on its entrance. Also many endcaps and aisles have black and white "avoid touching merchandise and minimizing browsing" signs taped about 3 shelves above the floor. I've been fortunate not to have had more than one customer or none ahead of me on the past three store visits this week.

Walmart has large carts wiped down on handles but I noticed the hand baskets are as messy as ever. I'll bring a wet wipe on future visits. There was a stand where store usually has a donation table with spray bottles but they must have been for staff doing cart duty. 5-10 minute wait outside lining up to enter store.

Longos has taken small carts out of circulation-you can get a sanitized large cart outside from staff doing lineup duty or pick up a handbasket from inside. Earlier in the week, you could choose a small or large sanitized cart placed on either side of lobby by attending staffer-I could not get my own cart earlier this week nor access the wipes dispenser. Also the pedestrian walkway in front of store entrance is taped off to enforce a lineup queue with duct tape sections on sidewalk 2m apart.

If anyone in Ontario is heading to a Beer Store doing the empties intake tomorrow (10-4, select stores plus certain DC drive thru sites), please indicate if those black plastic bins look like they have had a recent cleaning or remain as icky as ever. My store is not yet taking returns nor is on that list.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Retail Council of Canada has this new video campaign in both official languages plus Chinese:
    https://www.retailcouncil.org/shopsmart/

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

One good thing coming out of this pandemic is some online free access to mental health supports or magnification of what resources that do exist are now really getting more attention:
    https://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/home Access code SHOPPERS for the stress management program
    https://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/...ilvercloud-faq
    What is SilverCloud and how can it help me?SilverCloud is a suite of programs that are designed to help you think and feel better.
    Your SilverCloud program will contain a number of activities to help you to develop & practice new skills & strategies. For example, the mood monitor will ask you to regularly record how you are feeling and why. You will begin to see trends over time, becoming more aware of certain patterns and triggers over time.

Where can I find my PIN to sign up?
    If you heard about this from your employer you may follow up with them for your pin, or you may access the system using the following pin: SHOPPERS

How long do I have access to this program?

For a limited time, SilverCloud is offering free access to all Canadians until June 15th, 2020.
    https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...al-health.html

https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-nov...rus#section-12

https://whatsyourgrief.com/mental-he...d-coronavirus/
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Apr 6th, 2020 at 11:42 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

while waiting in line at walmart i heard some people saying they were gonna start closing on sundays along with other grocery stores..... has anyone heard that? id be ok with it....give workers a break.
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Evans View Post
    while waiting in line at walmart i heard some people saying they were gonna start closing on sundays along with other grocery stores..... has anyone heard that? id be ok with it....give workers a break.
    I know most stores will be closed THIS Sunday (Easter)... is maybe that what you overheard?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Evans View Post
    @Linda Evans , Costco in QC are closed on Sundays
    General Hours of Operation

• Costco Wholesale Warehouses: Will continue to operate during normal hours. Find a location near you.
    • Warehouses in Quebec will be closed on Sundays for the month of April.
    • Costco Business Centres: Will continue to operate during normal hours. Find a location near you.
    https://www.costco.ca/coronavirus-response.html
    Ciel and Linda Evans like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

@walkonby , drove by a Real Canadian Wholesale club and saw a sign
    Do your part:
    One per family
    (in the club)
    One per cart
    (keep the rest at home)

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    I know most stores will be closed THIS Sunday (Easter)... is maybe that what you overheard?
    possibly..... is everything closed this friday ?
    Ciel likes this.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information