User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Are Stores REALLY doing all they can to protect their workers or is it BS?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GracieAnne View Post
    I went to Giant Tiger and none of the cashiers were wearing gloves or masks so I asked why, and the cashier said, "I couldn't find any in any stores because we were told by the store manager we had to buy our own."

I think my jaw hit the floor. That's just so awful, I''m tempted to complain to head office about how bs that is.
    Masks will help them. Gloves won't help them: wearing gloves all day can make the hands sweat inside and the gloves break down and rip easier. They can make home made masks, which, is not perfect, but at least it's something
    Ciel, walkonby and Linda Evans like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

What the Giant Tiger employee told you is about the same as what I have seen online said by Dollarama employees-the PPE onus is being placed on staff whenever they mention it to managers. Also Dollarama stores seem to have an issue about plexiglass being attached to counters -owners/managers don't want counters damaged. Game of passing the responsibility.

Yet Dollarama did give a $20000 donation to a Vancouver food bank. I'm sure employees were gnashing teeth at this when they cannot get PPE from store managers. Nickel and dime stuff in the thousands.
    Would CRA deny store staff a non-refundable medical expense tax credit if staff bought their own PPE for work purposes and had receipts to support claims? Think this matter needs addressing. I'll tweet to CRA and see what reply is.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I went to the Bulk Barn today. I walked out of that place cleaner than when I went in. Those people are serious about the cleanliness of their store. Even though I wasn't allowed to touch anything, I still had to use hand sanitizer and wear disposable plastic gloves while walking around with my personal shopper. Each scoop that is used for your purchase is cleaned immediately after you are finished with your shopping, and each shopping cart is sanitized after as well. I have no hesitation whatsoever of going in to pick anything up from there. And you can now order online from them as well in certain locations. Kudos to the Bulk Barn

Have to add also, that all the girls there today were wearing gloves and all of them had face masks on, supplied by the company it looked like
    Last edited by GoJays; Fri, Apr 17th, 2020 at 12:03 PM.
    Natalka, Ciel, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    I went to the Bulk Barn today. I walked out of that place cleaner than when I went in. Those people are serious about the cleanliness of their store. Even though I wasn't allowed to touch anything, I still had to use hand sanitizer and wear disposable plastic gloves while walking around with my personal shopper. Each scoop that is used for your purchase is cleaned immediately after you are finished with your shopping, and each shopping cart is sanitized after as well. I have no hesitation whatsoever of going in to pick anything up from there. And you can now order online from them as well in certain locations. Kudos to the Bulk Barn

Have to add also, that all the girls there today were wearing gloves and all of them had face masks on, supplied by the company it looked like
    My wife went to the Bulk Barn in Aurora yesterday and when she came home she told me about her shopping experience there and it was exactly the same as yours. She was amazed at how well they had everything set up.
    Ciel, GoJays, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@GoJays thanks for posting this I need some nuts and other essentials for baking I will venture out one day to get some.
    Ciel and GoJays like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Is it busy? Are there line up outside? How come there are no prices online?
    Last edited by couponmummy; Sat, Apr 18th, 2020 at 08:06 AM.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

When I went on Friday morning shortly after opening, I was one of two people shopping so, no, it wasn't busy.
    As for the prices, perhaps you should call them and ask.
    Ciel and couponmummy like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

When I went on Friday morning shortly after opening, I was one of two people shopping so, no, it wasn't busy.
    As for the prices, perhaps you should call them and ask.
    I sent them an email and haven't heard back.

I will probably go there tomorrow morning.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

T& T Supermarkets began temperature checks yesterday on everyone wanting to enter their stores.
    https://www.hamiltonnews.com/news-st...ed-to-go-home/

I don't know how customers will know if the detectors are calibrated or those who had to travel a long way by transit will feel if they are declined entry but really need groceries (even T&T has grocery pickup delays).
    Last edited by Ciel; Tue, Apr 21st, 2020 at 10:15 AM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I understand where they are coming from but I do not think it will help as many people have confirmed they tested positive but never had a fever. Everyone has such different symptoms or no symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    T& T Supermarkets began temperature checks yesterday on everyone wanting to enter their stores.

I don't know how customers will know if the detectors are calibrated or those who had to travel a long way by transit will feel if they are declined entry but really need groceries (even T&T has grocery pickup delays).
    Ciel and Linda Evans like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I understand where they are coming from but I do not think it will help as many people have confirmed they tested positive but never had a fever. Everyone has such different symptoms or no symptoms.
    Although I have my doubts that it will help very much, I'm not nearly pessimistic enough to make the blanket statement that it won't help at all.
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Screening workers in this manner is one thing... screening the public is something altogether different.

Depending on where I just came from (the gym, or standing in line in the sun) my reading might be higher than average... or if one was trying to fool the IR reader, they could apply a cold compress before entering the store. My point is, the IR readers arent necessarily accurate for each person and is only really reading a surface temperature. Besides that I wouldnt let them stick anything in my ear or mouth (or other orifices for that matter) to get an accurate read.

And as was mentioned, it doesnt lend any credence to the chance that someone might be carrying the virus on them. It just means they dont have a fever.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Wed, Apr 22nd, 2020 at 07:28 AM.
    Ciel likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

All I am saying is it a false sense of security. We all need to assume everyone has it

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    Although I have my doubts that it will help very much, I'm not nearly pessimistic enough to make the blanket statement that it won't help at all.
    Ciel and Linda Evans like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    All I am saying is it a false sense of security. We all need to assume everyone has it
    I agree with these sentiments. But to me at least, they don't seem synonymous with saying that taking people's temp. is useless.
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Well went by the same Shoppers Drug Mart today as I did last week that had a severe lack of proper social distancing at the checkouts but today before entering I looked in through the window.. they hadn't change a thing - so I turned around and left - I'll go take my business somewhere else thank you very much.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information