User Tag List

Like Tree10Likes
  • 6 Post By SnowFlakey
  • 4 Post By walkonby

Thread: Kudos to Companies

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Some companies are going above and beyond to help relieve the pressure of the new normal. For instance our Maxi now opens at 7 AM and the first hour is reserved for Seniors because the store has been sanitized overnight and hopefully this makes it safer for seniors. Our IGA is doing the same, but store opens at 8 AM. I havent seen anything like this at our Metro when i went there on friday.

Our McDonalds is continuing the $1 any size coffee for the duration of the virus. they are right next door to Tim Hortons so i wonder if it has anything to do with tims Roll up the rim compaigne. But I congratulate McDonalds for being considerate anyway.

Here like everywhere else, stores are closed or their hours are greatly reduced. Some Restaurants are take out only (some also offer delivery). everywhere you go, you are given disenfectant wipes to wash your hands on entering and then Purell on leaving.

Hubby and i went out in the car the other day and there was hardly any traffic anywhere. It felt kind of strange. The need to get some fresh was great and so we just drove around for a bit and then came home. It made a world of difference. Also to get some air, now when we do laundry, we hang our clothes outside. They smell great, which gives us a great boost.

I know the weather is different throughout Canada, but there is always something we can do to make a difference in our well-being. Little things, like just opening the door and maybe letting in some fresh air. Taking a walk in your back yard or like us, hanging your clothes outside.

The next few weeks will be challenging but i do hope more companies will step up and help people, whether it is reduced prices on coffee or hydro bills, rent, etc. Little things add up to big things.

My friend is a retired (10 years now) surgical nurse in a major Montreal Hospital. She hasnt been asked yet to return from retirement. to all the doctors, nurses, anesthesiolosts, janitors, etc who work in hospitals, you have my deepest gratitude. You are the front runners in this tragedy. Without you, the outcome would be devastating. I pray for your safety and wel-being.
    This thread is currently associated with: IGA, Maxi, McDonald's, Metro, Tim Hortons
    Natalka, Silk, Scottishgal and 3 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@SnowFlakey

Isn't it hopeful when tragedy or hard times of any description bring people closer? Making them behave a little more kind?
    The shelf clearers were just a blip, a nervous overreaction brought on by panic, they can be forgiven too.
    What I'm starting to see more of are news stories that are uplifting examples of humans reaching out to the most vulnerable and extending a helping hand ( from a distance of course or often on the other side of a plexiglass window )
    To let them know they are not alone.

I can appreciate how getting out for a breath of fresh air ( to hang the clothes even! ) brought you two a bit of joy.
    Some companies have stepped up and are offering a bit more money to their staff BUT not all of them.
    Hopefully the remaining grocery stores can be shamed into doing the same for their stressed out and hard working staff on the front lines!
    Natalka, Silk, SnowFlakey and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Thread Information