• 3 Post By SnowFlakey
  • 1 Post By SnowFlakey
  • 1 Post By SnowFlakey
  • 1 Post By coupon girl

Thread: Dental offices closed

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Well. I bit into an oreille de chris (spelling) yesterday and part of my tooth broke off and the filling on the other part came off! So i called the dentist and got a recorded message to leave a message and someone would get back to me. So i waited and this morning, the secretary called me back and told me dental offices are all closed on the direction of the Dental association. I dont have any pain, so she suggested that i get some Ortho Wax and fill in the cavity in the meantime because the edge of the tooth was irratating my tongue. Also if i started to feel pain or started to feel an infection coming, to call back and i would be prescribed penicillin. She also said that visiting a hospital for tooth aches isnt a good idea unless absolutely necessary.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    walkonby likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have heard that our dental offices here are closed but if you call with an emergency like yours the dentist will see you. Although I have heard not all offices are open some are only there for emergencies but are taking on other patients if it is an emergency.
    SnowFlakey likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

oh dear...i hope there is no pain, how annoying. im sure someone will see u if its an emergency. Good luck.
    SnowFlakey likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

this the worst time to have any mishap at all @SnowFlakey , how disappointing to discover there is no dental care available.
    Our dental office called us 2 weeks ago to cancel all our appts. until further notice.
    I hope you can find that wax they mentioned and MacGyver a repair for now.
    Last edited by walkonby; Mon, Mar 30th, 2020 at 04:15 PM.
    SnowFlakey likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

OP, there are emergency dental services and hospital dental workers that can see you. Call the hospital switchboard and ask for available local dental services that can see you.
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

thanks everyone for all your help. I do have an emergency number to call for a dentist but it is 3 towns over (real close to Montreal) and i dont feel like going there unless it is really bad. I did get the Ortho Wax and it has helped tremendously so thats what i will use for now. If i start getting pain i guess there is no other choice but to call the emergency dental.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Heard on the news that dental offices are opening up starting today in quebec but not all of them will reopen. Apparently even though with 2 weeks notice, dentists are still unprepared. And i also heard that they will be passing on the cost of the sanitation and protection items they will be using. And the rooms will be sanitized and left emply anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours. Also dentists will not be seeing non urgent cases for the time being.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

YAY!!! My dentist called me to arrange an appointment for June 22. And i received a Covid-19 protocol from them that i have to follow. Very strict measures.

I cannot have anyone accompany me in the waiting room (for accompanying a child, the parent must fill out a questionare); i have to arrive exactly at the time of my appointment not earlier; i must wash my hands before entering; when waiting in the reception room i cannot turn anything; avoid going to the bathroom unless very necessary. Once in the dentist chair i need to wash my hands again; rinse my mouth with an antiseptic for 1 minute. When leaving the treatment room, i have to wash my hands again. Payment is by guichet (ATM card) or credit card.
    GoodBoy likes this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Oh and i forgot, the dentist and the assistant both wore a hazmat gown!
    GoodBoy likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Yes i went to the dentist on thursday june25th for root canal and a filling -First i have to call from my car to see if it is okay to come in .Then temp is taken ,hand sanitizer there to use ,if you use the washroom they clean it right after ,if you sit in the leather chairs they clean it right after.Then paper work to fill out,questions regarding covid.

Oh plus must wear a mask before you get in the room and after you get up to leave the room .Dentist had on gown and mask and face shield .All in all a good experience .
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Thread Information