User Tag List

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree2504Likes

Thread: April 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I would love my brother to get that home DIY bug that your DH has. So far bro's DIY is bike and car repair related.
    Well mine has been busy moding old game systems and renovating his "man cave/ Music room etc) So happy he will help with this and get me rolling. It worked, I'm motivated now Totally emptying the closets after room is painted and tossing tons!
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

My afternoon meeting has been pushed back to 3:30, oh well, it is what it is.

I really wish this headache would go away, taking something dulls the pain but is not taking away headache all together.

I have a bunch I would like to get done tonight but more than likely not going to happen now as I am not sure how late this meeting will go. So once it is over we will probably be into dinner and then I may just crash. Might just work on a to do list for the weekend.

So far:
    I really need to do the kitchen floor, not just sweep it but scrub it down. Before I can do this I need to clean up the stuff at the top of the stairs, this seems to be a dumping ground.

Also we are going to clear a corner of the living room and try to get our Air Walker out of the basement so we can start working out at home, get more movement into our lives. The living room is best as we watch TV as we walk.

I also really want to tackle the 2 basement freezers and see what we have, this will really help us determine what we "need" when we shop next week.

After we clean the freezers I would like to do a proper meal plan so we have a plan for next week, this eating 3 meals a day at home. We do not do take-out for meals at work but we are just eating differently which we may need to adjust our shopping to accommodate. Normally I cook 1 or 2 meals on the weekend and that is lunches and dinners for the week but now that we are home we can just cook.

That is all I have so far and I think that it is enough but getting it all done will be the challenge.

Alright well let's see if I can get a couple more things done before out meeting. Have a great night everyone.
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Your lists are making me tired! lol I am happy for your productiveness.

After my nose to the grind sort of week. I am looking to close the computer and hang with the kiddos. If I don't check in this weekend, it is because I am tired of staring at my computer!

I still have a little marking to do but will save for the movie with the kids...Friday is oven pizza and movie!!!
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just got a knock on the door -hubby said be carefull (as he thought it may be a neighbour)
    Nope ,a box left on my front step ,the guy was already in his car .A nice bunch of tulips in a glass jar with a lovely card printed with "We love you and miss you nana and papa" love Ashlyn and Cara and Sebastian ,my 3 wonderfull little grandkids.Let me tell you the tears started flowing before I read the card ,sure lifted my spirits .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

1st Zoom meeting went well. Well sort of...darn technology. Need to set up at home incase we declared non-essential since we are near the bottom of the list. So need to go to the office this weekend and get more supplies etc. This is so crazy.

On a better note... Bedroom walls are all washed! It smells so clean My back is killing me now so I am done for the day besides slapping some paint on the window trim.. that won't be back breaking. It is a glass of wine kind of night for sure!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I just got a knock on the door -hubby said be carefull (as he thought it may be a neighbour)
    Nope ,a box left on my front step ,the guy was already in his car .A nice bunch of tulips in a glass jar with a lovely card printed with "We love you and miss you nana and papa" love Ashlyn and Cara and Sebastian ,my 3 wonderfull little grandkids.Let me tell you the tears started flowing before I read the card ,sure lifted my spirits .
    @coupon girl that is so sweet of your son (hope I remember correct that these grand kids belong to you son) to send you those on behalf of his kids . You have a very caring family.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

WOW our work meeting went to 5:30 but that is part of my job and it was a good meeting, a lot of stuff was covered.

Good news is we picked an easy dinner tonight, we pulled Homemade Burgers from the freezer which we will have with Oven Fries, leftover Turkey Gravy and I will make a side Salad.

Not sure what will get done after dinner, we will see how we feel. Might just be a movie on Netflix kind of night.

Have a good night everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

flemeth my son/wife has the 2 girls Ashlyn and cara and lives 13 minutes away from us ,my dear daughter/her hubby have the boy Sebastian and live in toronto .

So my 2 grown kids came together and both put in for it from the 3 grandkids ,I sent a picture of me holding the flowers to my son email and my daughter's email so they can show the little ones .Thank you,i sure think they are caring

Also my dear son said mom if I go to Costco later in the week I will ask you what you need and drop it on your doorstep okay,i will pay him of course .I have both my kids set up under our account as payees so I can deposit money to them at anytime ,as we don't have a great cell phone only an old flip one .

I haven't talked to my daughter yet as she most likely has meetings ,so I will wait to thank her when she calls me .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My guy made us a wonderful dinner of stuffed pasta with a nice vegetable sauce. Lots of wine Beating them in Mario Party 10 they are so competitive. I love beating them haha.. i personally don't care but enjoy it when i do.
    So happy i can sleep in tomorrow with no worries of work.
    Can't wait to go to Costco it has has been so long since ive been. Will get there some time this weekend.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

i also enjoy beating my daughter at games, gotta teach her that in life she can't always win hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    My guy made us a wonderful dinner of stuffed pasta with a nice vegetable sauce. Lots of wine Beating them in Mario Party 10 they are so competitive. I love beating them haha.. i personally don't care but enjoy it when i do.
    So happy i can sleep in tomorrow with no worries of work.
    Can't wait to go to Costco it has has been so long since ive been. Will get there some time this weekend.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all.

my girls asked that i make a pasta salad and a potato salad .. so i will do that. i was also susccessfull in optaining propane.. so i am bbqing. i am thinking hotdogs and sausauge today

goal is to rake the front yard.. i am thinking of taking the dogs out front with me. Hubby wants to clean out the suv.
    everytime i go to the backyard with the dogs... i will work on it... i have a area to clean up from when we grew giant pumpkins.
    equally.. i am really hoping to take this time down as a huge oppertunity to get the yard in shape.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The lack of a laptop sleeve (not really keen on spending $30+ on a new one) was bothering me after midnight when I was recording my expenses into my notebook. Suddenly I was reaching for my thrift store vegan leather bag and removing an inside pocket and snipping off the zipper teeth at the top of the bag. I probably have to unpick the top seams to remove the zipper tape and restitch the opening seams so I don't have fraying zipper tape. Have to see if sliding the laptop at top of bag will work or close that seam and make one on the side (as bag is deeper than it is wide). Partial sleeve seems best solution for now and there's an exterior pocket for a microfibre cloth. I'll work on the bag and hope a size 14 or 16 needle can pierce the plastic leather trim without issue. The bag fabric seems water-resistant and is easy to care for.

The bag has an attached interior zipper pocket-I'll figure out how to cover the zipper pull so that it does not scratch the metallic cover of my laptop during removal or insertion. Talk about being motivated to sew something on the weekend!

One of the newspapers on Twitter posted an article about how people can plan a shopping trip once per two weeks and there's a mention of a food calculator. Might be worth a read https://www.thestar.com/life/2020/04...=&utm_content=

https://www.omnicalculator.com/food/quarantine-food

Saw a stop-action movie with anime and manga figurines. The starting image is funny-a superhero noshing on potato chips! That's like me!
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1246037673904459777
    Giseledta, barbis9 and coupon girl like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Longos will offer 2h Community Wellbeing hours for next week (Mon-Thurs & Sat) between 7-9am.
    https://twitter.com/LongosMarkets/st...22925298802688

A Hamilton woman discovered she cannot bring her child into Sobeys to shop. Store is limiting shoppers to one person per family.
    https://www.thespec.com/news/hamilto...new-rules.html
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

This month is going to be much more frugal than originally planned. I was going to mexico and FH was going to drive 9 hrs to get his mom for two weeks. Neither are happening now. So there wont be the gas, meals or temptation to shop.

We are both considered essential services so still are working. Going out mych less for impulse type purchases. And eating alot out of our freezer. It sure makes my balance on my credit card happy.

Staying home im also going through more of my craft stuff than normal. Maybe my stash isnt beyond life expectancy. Below are bowl cozies and a dish cloth. I've started updating ourcfamily cookbook to print.i might be enjoying the extra time i have in regards to craftyprojects so far. But knowid be going stir crazy id i wasnt having to be at work on weird shifts.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by saundyl; Sat, Apr 4th, 2020 at 02:42 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our kids don’t believe in the Easter bunny, but we don’t bust the bubble for people who do. I have plastic eggs that I fill and hide for our kids. I try to do that outside of the weather permits. I have some coins that I collected a long while ago and I’ll put a coin inside money if the eggs. A few of the eggs will have M&Ms in them. Our kids will get to practice counting their coins before they put the money in their piggy banks.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information