Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree2504Likes

Thread: April 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Questions for everyone:

Are you able to stick to only shopping once a week?
    No I am going 13 days this week as I am using fortinos pickup,with having the shingles last month I am not wanting to go into stores
    Are you just going to one store or do you still find you have to go to multiple stores?
    One store fortinos online pickup
    What are your feelings about going out and shopping right now?
    Too stressed -don't like it at all ,if I am out of an item on Tuesday next week -I will just make do

opps all my comments are under sassy quote -sorry
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Apr 7th, 2020 at 08:27 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Just chatted with my girlfriend on the phone as she has been off work since Friday-we both miss our grandkids sooo much and our grown kids ,she told me she can make pasta with flour and water and a bit of salt -flicks it in a pot into small pieces (wow) I think that is what she said .

I got the girls easter gifts ready for Wednesday at 3.30 when my son will bring us milk 2 -4 litre bags doesn't make it to 13 days-I did sneak a few little foil wrapped eggs out of the mesh bag for hubby and I -lol .Lucky little ones are getting a godiva bunny -I bought back in feb for 3.99 at winners ,so tempted to eat that bunny but I didn't .

Hubby an i haven't taken the car out since last week ,so saving on gas .Our nieghbour asked if we had any leaves in a bag and took my 2 today ,real nice of him .

Well our power washer hit the biscuit hubby tired to fix it but to no advail,its 8 or 9 years old ,so that is a future purchase .

Got a walk in today with hubby ,just a 20 minute walk .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Shopping - once a week, DH does, he finds he often has to go to more than one store due to low stock

I also went to SDM this week, I hadn't been out in three weeks.

DH does a Tim's run as a treat when he goes for groceries (Shame!). We take pocket sanitizer and wipes. We now also have masks. The neighbour made them for us. I don't drink coffee. I love iced capps. COVID-19 is helping our budget greatly lol. It is my vice. So I get two and put one in the freezer for the next day.

We also haven't needed gas. We are going on our forth week of isolation. We walk our country road 2-3 week. Go for a drive 1-2 times a week. We watch our niece and nephew 1 day a week. We have avoided all other points of contact with people. We now park our cars at the end of the driveway because early in our isolation people would pop by. They have the message now. Not receiving visitors.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Questions for everyone:

Are you able to stick to only shopping once a week?

Are you just going to one store or do you still find you have to go to multiple stores?

What are your feelings about going out and shopping right now?
    I didn’t go out shopping in 3 weeks. My DH went once to Fortinos for flour last 2 weeks. Will need to get some fresh fruits and vegetables some time soon.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    WOW, I got next to no sleep last night. I think if I am lucky I got maybe 4 or 5 hours. I am not feeling my best today but one meeting is done, may lead to a second meeting this afternoon.

Right now I am listening to old meetings trying to find something vague someone thinks we discussed. Wishing I had more details but it is what it is so I sit here listening.

Not sure if our shopping trip will happen today, Mom did not make the masks. Also depends if I end up with a meeting this afternoon. I kind of wish it was Thursday so we were off tomorrow, but if it was Thursday then I would have a meeting this afternoon.

Alright, well time to get on with my day, it is going to take forever to get through listening to these meetings, think it is time to curl up with cup of tea.

Have a great day everyone.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Put me in the boat with those that did not sleep well last night. Wide awake at 4am till at least 630. Felt rough when I first got up but I'm sure once I eat I will feel better
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Apr 8th, 2020 at 11:23 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i am going back to bed soon. lol

i am hoping that it warms up this afternoon, it is chilly out there.

plan is ... work on the dc room for a solid hour. and he backyard for another hour. . groceries formy mom. and work on laundry
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning i slept great last night hubby woke me up at midnight hsi snoring ,then back to sleep til 6.30 a.m

Put laundry in dryer from last night .

Talked to my older brother wife last night (the one who is 74 and was in hospital for 5 months last year -came back from being with cpr ) His memory is not the same and he gets snappy with her sometime ,its hard but she has been sick .So yesterday he did the dishes but didn't know where they went -that is sweet in itself as my dear brother has been in a marriage before this happened to him where his wife did all the chores ,he was the boss type .

Family doctors put be prescribing over the phone now as our family doctor prescribed some pills to my sister-in-law and she is no better (we have the same doctor) so he wants to see her later this week (only you come in ,he said nobody with you)Hope she gets better as she is really taking care of my oldest brother.

Just cleaned the drawer on the computer stand -wow its amazing the things inside we are doing to pass the time .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Marie Kondo must be thinking of everyone who is into spring cleaning mode. Indigo listed a new book by her along with a co-author psychologist in today's new book release e-mail.

Saw this item about Zoom hiring a security advisor and will post it here, as SCers have posted about using the platform for meetings:
    https://uk.news.yahoo.com/zoom-enlis...144014167.html

Late last night, I decided that I will place an order with Mr. Case on Thursday for some items (worth the delivery cost to stock up on a few items and yes, the entity is sold out of certain bathroom products and even Kleenex pocket pack tissues). Then I played on Grocery Gateway (put lots of items in a cart but did not log in) and noticed there's an Easter Egg hunt for 6 letters that when rearranged give you a case-sensitive code for checkout. I managed to get 4 letters: PULS (guessing it'll be TULIPS)-be welcome to try it on your next GG order and tell me if you score a discount or candy/chocolate freebie. Before I emptied my cart, I noticed that beyond a $9.99 local delivery fee, there was a fuel surcharge of $1.00 added to the subtotal. Be aware of that, as I thought on parcel courier companies applied surcharges on shipping bills. Other GG discoveries-type gift card and the site will show you a few Papyrus seasonal greeting cards, and wrapping papers or bags and flowers. Type magazine and see about 12 titles show up (but not which issue). I failed to get kitchen tools to show up (there is one stainless steel cheese slicer) on the site but there are stationery items and one kind of printer paper on the site (Hammermill). When I was looking through the Candy and Chocolate section, I noticed how many Easter chocolates and candies have sold out.

Online orders-Staples sent an email today saying one item has shipped. But I checked my bank account and no refund for item two. Getting on that situation today. Simons order shows it went to somewhere in QC at 6am-guess it's a plane flight or truck as delivery is expected this afternoon. Then I noticed that CanadaPost has a Service Alerts section on the lower right part of screen of Tracking Number results. Saw that as of April 2, the Binbrook post office has been closed (COVID19 issue) and no mail or parcels are being delivered there for now.

Yes, @Giseledta , the morning is #spwinter again. Yet, I am getting washing ready to take outside after I lug a ladder out to oil the wheels for the seasonal maintenance or the near-future "oil me" sound will drive me batty. So happy that Mother Nature watered the gardens and flowerbeds--I don't have to do that.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and coupon girl like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Yes the card the teddy bear card I mailed the granddaughter's on Monday is stuck in the system and may not make it to binbrook for awhile I guess.

So I have their easter bags ready to go and i made a handmade card for each of them used stickers I had and markers (again from my kids early school days)and i have some pink paper (hubby's brother gave him years ago from some factory setting ) and i have a few colouring books on hand so i coloured a few present pictures cut them out and glued inside the card -so cute ,plus i had fun doing it .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Closeoutking dot ca has some interesting brand name items but dated of course. Fun to see a $5 bin of 30 Staples retractable pens! And I see some charging cables and smartphone gadgets that I like. But shipping is in the $13 + range. Bookmarked the page for another day.

OK, time to see the outdoors and check what's blooming.

Ever so grateful we have members on SC that post flyer previews!! You save us some time and guessing!
    barbis9 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

What a blah day. I had to pop out to take some pictures of a property for my BIL. Stopped at GT on my way to grab cream/carrots and chicken burgers for DS. Store was quiet so I was in and out which was nice.
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Kitchen floor is being ripped out today. Mostly done. He will clean it all up so we can walk on and put the stove back and then start laying the new floor tomorrow. Yipppee What a mess it is now!
    Ciel and lizzie bargain like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Kitchen floor is being ripped out today. Mostly done. He will clean it all up so we can walk on and put the stove back and then start laying the new floor tomorrow. Yipppee What a mess it is now!
    Are you getting some kind of tile for the stove floor area and different flooring for rest of kitchen? Our vinyl laminate has bubbled and warped under our stove and the flooring information about a durable covering is usually deep within an appliance manual, long after the thing had been installed.

Love that you had a quiet and fast shopping experience at Giant Tiger! The only chance of me getting to one would be if a friend decided she needed a change of scenery and wanted to drive us to one in Hamilton.
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Submitted a Help request about my order (item that did not ship but store took my money despite an e-mail claiming otherwise) to Staples.
    Saw this Staples update on their website: https://help.staples.ca/hc/en-us/art...s-April-4-2020
    No sign of other order yet.

Newspaper bundle came in past 30 minutes. Glad that Hamiltonnews.com/updates is the go-to link for community news but that the newspaper also recognized a need for toll-free number (1-833-440-7474) for readers who cannot get online with a mobile or computer device. The phone line will have a prerecorded message about current news.

Mr. Wind and Ms. Sunshine are teaming up splendidly to circulate air into my laundry and flapping the line at a good clip.
    barbis9 and coupon girl like this.

Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information