User Tag List

Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree2504Likes

Thread: April 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

This morning we made peanut butter Playdough for the first time. They’re having a blast. It’s an activity and snack all in one. I made it very clear that they aren’t sharing their ball of dough.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Work has been pretty busy today, which is nice. I always have projects on the go but it is nice to have some variety and something I can complete in a small time frame. Actually made the day go by quickly, I was shocked to see it was quarter 2, I thought it was around Noon and was thinking about lunch. Been awhile since this has happened.

A few days ago we broke down all of the meat I got at Costco, I spent around $100 on meat and once everything was broken down we will get 37 meals. I did splurge and bought Mom chicken wings (I do not eat them, this is not something I would ever normally consider buying at Costco) as a treat especially since we are not doing any take out. All and all once she broke them down it for under $30 she will get 9 meals. We also made Meatballs and Meat Loaf, we used all of the ground beef and about half of the ground pork we bought. The rest of the Pork has been portioned out to use for meals. As well the chicken Breasts were broke down, all tenders removed to make Chicken Fingers, 5 cut into Chicken Chunks and the last 4 frozen whole.

Yesterday I washed some spare pillows I have in my room, I have serious pillow issues, I mash and destroy them in my sleep. I washed 3 yesterday and was going to wash 3 more today but that did not happen, maybe tomorrow. I am now trying all the pillows and any that are too far destroyed will be thrown out.

I took more breaks as I was working yesterday and felt better for it, even if it was just a trip downstairs to check on the pillows.

Still need to decide on tonight's dinner.

Alright back to work, think I might clean out my backpack and see if there anything I can get rid of. Not that I expect to be back in the office anytime soon but it something different to work on,

Have a great afternoon everyone.
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok.. ordered seeds, and seed potatoes... and a few plants. all should be in for May.
    Now all i have to do is prep the gardens.. , get more soil for the containers. i am muliti tasking it as it were.
    i am not buying any flowers, unless the local garden store has decided to open. i am also hoping they open for soil. if not i will go with option 2 or 3.

ok.... i will need to do a click and collect for more paint for the ceiling.. as i have a fifth of a can . ugh. need more .
    if i can do that this week , i will be happy, and get that room done. then do the other room next week...lol.

middle child is coming home tomorrow. i will be very glad , i think all of this.. is .. just to much on a 22 yr old. i will be happy when they are home.

youngest went and got my groceries today. she did very well. and very happy.
    i was a tad .. irrated ... at our local store.. no limits were placed on how many people were allowed into the store. its a small store.. she said there were over 40 customers in the store. plus staff. the parking lot was packed..... ugh.
    wendymac, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just spent $46 on amazon, delivery is in a month ,as I don't have prime at least my rice krispies were on for 4.98 a box limit 2 as online fortinos its 6.99 for cereal,plus a large kraft peanut butter $ 8.99 as its hard to get online I have tried the past 2 times plus a few other items .

Just got to see my granddaughter's in the tub on my tablet so cute and talked to my dear son .My daughter had a conference call so she could only chat for 10 minutes ,I know she is so busy with work.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Apr 15th, 2020 at 09:05 PM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Giseledta that is one my biggest fears is stores not limiting people. It is one thing to deal with a small group of people who do not get social distancing but to be in a full store, I think I would probably lose it.

I heard one of our local stores was really busy last Thursday before the Easter Weekend and decided instead of angering customers by making wait in line outside they let extra customers and asked them to try to social distance within the store. Apparently the store was so packed it was impossible as the lines for check out where blocking produce and dairy and it was impossible to social distance. This store already has a bad lay out before this lining up at cash was impossible as there wasn't enough room.

Bro's GF just messaged in the family group chat that she got an email from PC Express that her order has been delayed by 4 hours, they were supposed to pick up between 7 & 8 pm. Before she could call, she got a phone call saying they moved her pick up to tomorrow but when she asked what time she was told she did not have a pick up time but would get an email tomorrow, I personally would be worried they were going to cancel my order.

Dinner tonight was Waffles, we did not have a plan for dinner and I think we are getting on each others nerves a little bit. Everything I suggested I either got a no or a face so I got annoyed and then Mom announced Dinner was whatever I figured out and made. I realize neither one of us is getting space but I was just like really I have worked all day. I am really trying not to get annoyed but this has become my number one pet peeve, she is off work, I am still working but she is getting annoyed that I am not doing more at home and I am like but I am working, you are not working so yeah I do not get certain things done but you can. Like today she got mad as the dishes from her baking yesterday were not done, guess I was supposed to do them this morning even though I was working. Oh well we have moved on, dinner is done, dishwasher is running and tomorrow is a new day.

After I posted earlier I decided to go grab the pillows and wash them, they are currently in the dryer. I will now rotate these pillows see which ones bounce backed and I can use and which should go in the garbage.

Even with the Mom stuff today was a pretty good day, it felt more like a "normal" work from home day vs this weird life we are living. I got a ton done, the day went by quickly it was nice.

Alright off to relax a bit before bed. Have a wonderful night everyone
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Wed, Apr 15th, 2020 at 08:26 PM.
    Giseledta, wendymac, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

I am starting to look at "depression era" cookbooks and recipes because they are often delicious--all homemade and such--but they are also very price conscious. I'll post ones as I use them.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

A reminder-Dont forget to save any p.c optium offers for next week

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!
    @coupon girl . I forgot to save pc pts lol. Not really benefiting much from earning them lately anyway. Well I did have spend $40 get 4000 for No Frills last week and used it and I have it again so that is good.

Sunny day here. Busy work day ahead of me.... Just going to power through. Its almost Friday!!

Last night I popped into Foodland for the steak on sale. Grabbed 3 family trays and used the FL GC I got on promo awhile ago. Paid $2 and change after balance on GC was applied. Happy to have these now since any other sale there is never any stock. will be yummy dinner with baked potato and asaparagus.. I have 2 bundles of asparagus on hand and see it is on sale again this week. $1.47lb I think I saw somewhere. Amazing price! Both my kids love it too so I love when it is on sale and we get our fill.

Hope the weather is nice this weekend. I need to be outside. The yard needs attention.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -i had 7 and a half hours sleep awesome ,in for a nice walk with hubby today

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My SUV is full of the flooring we took out before laying the new floor. A trip to the dump is in order!
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Like many people, I have been cooking and baking from scratch more than usual. Our stores have been out of yeast for the last month...give it take. I was excited when I found this Facebook post this morning.
    A local food truck posted on their Facebook page this morning. “Bought a box of yeast. $8 for 1 lb pack. Limited supply.”So I just made arrangements. I e-transferred and he’ll drop it off later this morning. Yay!I didn’t even ask which type of yeast. If it isn’t well labeled when I receive it, I figure I can always send a quick message to ask.
    edit: The business just updated their post. It’s instant yeast! The possibilities...
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Apr 16th, 2020 at 10:45 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Think we all are finding the joy of doing certain tasks we skipped or rushed through before. I found myself washing my runners after doing three laundry loads because the two weeks of grime/grunge was getting to me. They dried overnight and I hastened to lace them this morning when I was downstairs before breakfast. I am considering polishing my dress slip-on shoes as something to do as well! Have to see if I have any white or neutral polish for runners.

Last night, on Bluprint (last day of free access-yay), I watched all of Project Runway season 17's winner's videos (7 episodes and 2 short bonus ones). Jhoan Sebastian Grey is one creative and talented dude. He also validated some things I experience with sewing (take a break when it's not working out, playing music during lots of sewing); the skirt he was making is amazing and I want a version of it. He dislikes pressing; I cannot stand frustrating seams or mangled ones. Then I tried to get into beginner serger videos but I got bored as presenter was busy discussing three different brands' sergers and how they were alike or different in the introductory video. Then dipped into 4 episodes about t-shirts quilts and bits about finishing them up (sort of know the steps already). That was fun but I am not buying quilting supplies soon. Just wanted to know how to prep t-shirts and what tips or advice was needed in making blocks. Eyes were tired but I felt like I got a nice boot in the motivation department (which seems to be mostly sugar these days).

Managed to cook quinoa and vegetables for breakfast today after I got the water for a big tea set to boil. The pair of geese were in the yard and getting bold by approaching a flower bed but I waved them away. Saw the current hydro bill-it's about $25 less than usual and the sum due seems to settle the difference between hours used and amount billed ($30 something), then the $56 per month is being lowered to $51 per month (yay-so that means there won't be much of a credit if any come August when usual year-end settling of billed versus actual hydro use is done).

My new nightgown got laundered shortly after my package came in the mail yesterday. Will iron it and put it away for warmer days.

Mom has asked me to bake something for Easter (I'm procrastinating...) and to have some notion of what I'd want to eat on Sunday-Tuesday. I am craving scalloped potatoes and small baked things plus braided raisin bread. She wants a roast meat and soup (but I'm not as keen) so I advised her to only make as much as she can stand. Sibling has his own dietary preferences.

A shop is in order and Mom wants to go out. Don't blame her!
    Giseledta and coupon girl like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Like many people, I have been cooking and baking from scratch more than usual. Our stores have been out of yeast for the last month...give it take. I was excited when I found this Facebook post this morning.
    A local food truck posted on their Facebook page this morning. “Bought a box of yeast. $8 for 1 lb pack. Limited supply.”So I just made arrangements. I e-transferred and he’ll drop it off later this morning. Yay!I didn’t even ask which type of yeast. If it isn’t well labeled when I receive it, I figure I can always send a quick message to ask.
    edit: The business just updated their post. It’s instant yeast! The possibilities...
    ha ha @Angela273 I see many baked goods in your near future!! Happy battering!

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all

I was happy yesterday with my shop at RCSS. I was able to PM and used coupon. I was able to have everything on my list. I am now good for a couple of weeks. The store was organized . There a station between the entrance door with all supplies to be safe I took my own. Everyone was being careful to social distance. All cashier was open but there was 1 long line for the regular cashier and an employee was there to direct traffic. You could only PM at 2 cashiers but it was a quick and easy process since the cashiers that are in the lanes for PM are experience employee . And there was a different line for self checkout. I only went into the isle that have the stuff that I need.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I actually read an article on yeast yesterday and the companies that produces (makes? not sure of the right term) have said that this has taken them by such a surprise that it will take one but more likely two months to recover. They were not prepared for some many households to start using yeast.

Locally I have seen a lot of people are actually buying it from restaurants that are now limited to take out only and are not consuming as much. A number of restaurants are now offering "Take-Out" Boxes which are basically boxes of supplies you cook at home. Everything from meat to produce to baking boxes are being offered. Well actually this is the bigger town about 30 minutes away, most of the restaurants where I live including those who only ever offered take-out have decided to just close for the time being. It is a good idea and most of them are even offering these boxes through uber eats and skip the dishes so it is all contactless delivery, something my small town does not offer.

Just as this was all starting I managed to find a store that had a case of yeast on the shelf so I grabbed 2 jars just to be safe. So far we are still using the open jar we had in the fridge when this all started but that might change as I need to make buns either today or tomorrow and I am sure we will have pizza soon too.

Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information