User Tag List

Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
Like Tree2504Likes

Thread: April 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i have finished the entry way, ceiling walls , door everything all done. I am happy.

middle child said they would paint for me if i scraped the ceilings.. so . yea.. they can do that. love my kids.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Angela, if I were you I could contact PC and explain this to them. I had an issue with Milk in 2 of our local stores a few years ago and they sent me a PC Gift Card.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Was a tad glum at noticing that the Pepsi Throwback had a $5.99 sign while other Pepsi cases had the $4.99 sale sign (Food Basics). Well, the case rang in at sale price at till, so I perked up. Forgot to see if the May Vogue magazine issue with Gal Gadot was available; remembered to get better quality black garbage bags (yay). Another customer behind me at checkout did not keep his distance as I was bagging my purchase still when he came to end of checkout to put his cart in place. I said something to him about keeping 2m apart and it was like a so-what deal for him though he uttered sorry. Food Basics stocks Girl Guide cookies for $5 per box-don't forget to get your box of vanilla/chocolate treats this month (I bought one box). There was a special display between bread and produce of the boxes (1 pallet). I could not find Blueberry Cheerios on the shelf but noticed there's a peanut butter version (missed the bulletin on its release).

Shoppers-I had a 200pts per $1 spent offer for books/magazines. No Gal Gadot so I bought another fashion magazine. Would love to know if SCers have found Gal's cover in their Loblaws banner or Shoppers stores! #Want
    Managed to pick up personal care, two security envelope boxes and last Oasis antioxia juice at store. All 6pk pop was sold out. Could not find the 2 for $5 BD Almond Breeze beverage tetras...

I was not the only customer pulling their own shopping cart around today--sidewalk had a lot of pedestrian traffic as well.
    @coupon girl _thanks for mentioning the 9V battery for your detector. I kept meaning to get a spare 9V for home's CO alarm after I put the one I had into the unit last month. Jotted down the item on my current list!

Think I'll try my luck at third store for liquid soap before the weather turns to rain today. Kind of want to know I have some refill or spare soap on hand. Did not wish to go to Dollarama for bar soaps but may have to later in the week. Well.ca has one of the soap refills I'd want but I'll wait until early May and see how fast or delayed their orders are shipping.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and coupon girl like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Check your coupons for April expiries. I wish to coupon fairy a Cottonelle BT offer that expires in 10 days at a local store (if I can find matching product for its use).
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    i have finished the entry way, ceiling walls , door everything all done. I am happy.

middle child said they would paint for me if i scraped the ceilings.. so . yea.. they can do that. love my kids.
    Painting rep!
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Angela, if I were you I could contact PC and explain this to them. I had an issue with Milk in 2 of our local stores a few years ago and they sent me a PC Gift Card.
    I called No Frills and was on hold for 15min before the customer person guy answered my call. He asked the UPC codes from the jugs of milk and told me to call the manufacturer. I briefly explained how that would be an exercise in futility since I had already called Beatrice this morning and they told me to try to return the jugs of milk. After expressing my serious frustration with the situation and being on hold for 15min before getting an actual person, he added 5,000pts to my account. I warned that if this happens again I will be calling back. The 5,000pts is better than nothing, but it doesn’t even cover the cost of a 4L jug of HOMO milk.

We go through 5x 4L jugs of milk a week. Most people are shocked when I tell them how much milk we use in a week.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Another option if it happens in the future is I actually emailed them, I think it took 24 to 48 hours to get back to me but I found them more helpful then speaking with staff.

I am pretty sure our local store was not storing the milk correctly as multiple times the milk was sour long before the expiry. Funny thing is they tried to tell me it was just me the second time it happened but well I was at the store getting my money back 3 other people said it has happened to them.

I started buying milk else where and then it went on sale at another PC store so I bought it there and again it off. I contacted Head Office nicely asking if maybe their procedure needed to change and that was the email where they sent me the gift card. With that being said this was before PC Optimum, this was probably 8 to 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I called No Frills and was on hold for 15min before the customer person guy answered my call. He asked the UPC codes from the jugs of milk and told me to call the manufacturer. I briefly explained how that would be an exercise in futility since I had already called Beatrice this morning and they told me to try to return the jugs of milk. After expressing my serious frustration with the situation and being on hold for 15min before getting an actual person, he added 5,000pts to my account. I warned that if this happens again I will be calling back. The 5,000pts is better than nothing, but it doesn’t even cover the cost of a 4L jug of HOMO milk.

We go through 5x 4L jugs of milk a week. Most people are shocked when I tell them how much milk we use in a week.
    Giseledta and Angela273 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Found May Vogue (cover price $7.99) at Longos-last magazine rack just before the Eggo waffle freezer cases. There's also a Met exhibit preview comparing late 1880s dresses with late 1990s attire. Given that someone in Toronto made a social distancing hoop mechanism to own the 2m social distance recently, I look forward to viewing the original hoop dresses (but it's amazing that hoops were actually a social construct as well as a way to ruin women's backs/personal health-remember, sometimes whalebones got into dresses and they were dense).

Managed to find one soap refill bottle and a soap pump (both Nature Clean). Did see a Nature Clean bottle on the reduced grocery rack-since it was on bottom shelf, I did not handle it nor check for sale sticker.

Noticed a new monopole cellphone tower has been erected within the past week just south of Garner Rd W at Shaver Rd. I could see some kind of official notice board near the property entrance but it was not near where I was walking. Will look for it on the City's site as I don't recall a public notice in the paper about the tower and I am thinking it might be close enough to the flight path to be an issue. As a proposed water tower farther down the road got cancelled due to Transport Canada saying flight path trumps a tower placement at the latter site.

Ms Sunshine is holding the sky for now. Made two cold cut sandwiches for late lunch as I felt hungry. No treasures found. Very short lineup wait for grocery store (maybe 3 min. tops) entry.

There's a new website mentioned in the local paper for checking wait times in store lineups to enter those stores:
    https://covid19-waiting-time.thejoin.tech/
    Giseledta, barbis9 and coupon girl like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

posted a trade and wish list I will modify maybe later i am not in a hurry to trade those coupons so that is good and will give me a chance
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I received an amazon order today by Canada post. I receive another order by intelcom courier service tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

pulled the trigger ... did a click and collect with independent. my nervous is if they remove things from teh order... sigh... ok. its done. pick up is friday.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

giseledta-yes I had a few subtutions last pick up ,my daughter last night in Toronto got reg peanut butter instead of all natural(so I get the peanut butter she said)they were missing a few items off hers -she just laughed but you can start another pick up order before you pick up this one I did that last week.

Is it more expensive yes ,my neighbour is doing it now and she said its a lot more at fortinos online but hey what can you do -I don't wish to step into a store(I have high blood pressure plus just had the shingles last month )

Such good news for my daughter her company is finding ways of not letting them go yet ,so happy for her as she is putting in 50 or a bit more hours a week with a toddler of 3 and half thrown in the mix which is not easy ,yesterday she has 3 conference calls .Her hubby works at home too but 9-5 only ,her work goes into evening sometimes .I feel for them

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Yea.. my youngestdoesnt want me in a store.... i had cancer when i was younger.. better now.. and i am pretty healthy... but.... i try to listen to my kids when they have requests

ok, today.. i am hoping to maybe get the popcorn off the 2nd dc room. that would be amazing. and laundry. sigh.. so much
    garbage and recylcling goes out tonight... so gather that.
    i am popping a roast in the oven for supper. , carrots and potatoes.
    and a clean up of the kitchen

that will be a full day.

we have snow maybe today.. and tomorrow.
    tomorrow , if i get everything done today, will be a slug, little housework day. and pick up my moms click and collect
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    My kitchen is cleaned, I am having a cup of tea . Still need to put laundry will do it after I finish my down time. It’s very windy out
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Typed out a post and it disappeared.

Have macaroni noodles cooked for a homemade mac and cheese. Ground beef cooking up now for taco meat.
    Will make a pot of rice next. (for chicken fried rice in a few days) Then clean out the fridge and see what else I will make to use up and plan dinner from that.

Laundry will be started later and bedroom tidying.

Will bundle up for a walk later too.

Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread Information