User Tag List

Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
Like Tree2504Likes

Thread: April 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

All of this aside! I am so proud of all my students. They are doing so well. Some are more engaged than others, but all of my students are trying!

We had our first chat session today and 7 students attended and we just chatted (They are Grade 6). It was great!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

We also bought a mini-indoor trampoline for sensory breaks and fitness breaks. Canadian Tire online. It really helped improve my steps today and getting up from the computer. Helps my child with ADHD and Autism to focus when she can take a bounce break between learning tasks too.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Yesterday I heard a crash ,I thought hubby feel out of bed .No our plastic hanging clothes system feel off the wall in the bedroom .Hubby said see you have it too full of heavy clothing ,not really as I don't have much clothing .Maybe when I put the box of cards back on top ,it set it off.Well we have been in our house for 22 years and the previous owners took out the bars that clothing hang on to make use of this multi plastic system with small clamps -stupid system for a bit more storage .

Guess what I called the firm in Quebec a few years back for small parts (as the other system went in my daughter's old room )and they said they don't make it anymore but for 6.00 they sent me a few plastic pole brackets ,so I did .The only room that has the original rod is a tiny bedroom that is now a spare room .

Well hubby and I will make do and get it back up only I will use screws that stick out -hopefully that will work .

On a happy side I just found a candle I bought in my tote "lemon mint " from the bath and body works .Was gonna be a gift for someone in the future as I buy small gifts on sale -not now it is a nice gift for me -we all need treats right during this trying time
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Apr 22nd, 2020 at 06:38 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I received my amazon order yesterday and I will be receiving another one today. Parcels are nice to get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Ahh hubby fixed the shelf issue 3 long screws into studs ,it is sitting on now but I will leave the heavy clothing like a suit and a few dresses of mine elsewhere ,even thou he assures me it will not fall again .

greentire4me-isnt it nice to receive a pkg from amazon -yes hubby and I shared the lindt bar last night watching a netflicks series "money heist" by the way is a really good series ,lots of action ,its subtitled and 38 episodes but give it a try (not for little kids)

Now to kill time I am dusting the floor by hand with a wood cleaner in the closet lots of dust,throwing some boxes out also.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning, i slept weird. and then woke up... put out the garbage and recyling then went back to bed....lol.

i need to pick up my moms order at indepenedent today. and she added another stop as well. as well... i need to go to shoppers to get hubbies meds .
    i should be getting some housework done as well... prob after playing on the laptop for a bit.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Thank you for the kind words, I actually ended up doing another 3 phone calls for work so I worked till just past 7 last night. I also made dinner, ended up going simple, pulled homemade burgers from the freezer and made oven fries.

I gotta be honest, kind of not feeling it today. I am working but not really diving into my projects, just working on what comes in and a few what I can easy tasks, they do not take a lot of focus.

Tonight for dinner we are making homemade pizza. It made me laugh last night Mom wanted pizza but by the time she said something it was a bit late to make the dough, turns out I should have just made the dough as by the time I took the burgers out of the freezer the dough would have been done. We will top the pizza with Pepperoni, Onions, Mushrooms, Bacon, Cheddar and a Sprinkle of Parm. I will also make myself a Cesar Salad.

I still need to do the Kitchen and Living Room Floors, we will see if that happens today. I am again fighting this headache, yesterday it was still there but what I call workable, it was a dull pain. Today it is very there and I can feel it. I would really like to shake this headache once and for all.

Alright time to get back to work, Have a wonderful day everyone
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Sassy - i am not feeling today either. totally understand.

i sent a message to all my Daycare parents .. basiclly asking what are everyones plans. as ford is saying gradual opening May 18th...
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We are thinking we may go to Ont in May to do some visiting if things get better-will have to wait and see-will just play it by ear.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am going to be honest, the May 2-4 weekend really concerns me. It is obvious people are not listening to what is being said and I have a feeling out town will be over run with people that weekend as everyone will go to their cottages and invite their friends (it is already happening). They feel like since we have few cases it is safe to come here.

I personally am already planning a large shop before the long weekend to completely re stock the house and my goal is to have a 1 month supply of food on hand.

I already know even if things start to re open, I will not be going back to the office for quite some time. My work is very realistic in the fact that we have to plan 3 months, 6 months, even a year out at this point with business still being impacted by the virus.

From speaking to people that I know from various aspects of life I do not think a lot of people realize that even once things start to re open the virus is still there. People feel we are opening as we fought the virus and won and it is no longer a concern but sadly this is not the case. Businesses that re open still need to be prepared for people to be put into self isolation or quarantine (not sure what the real difference is) for 2 weeks still and off work. Yes Ontario has expanded testing but fact is unless you have underlying medical conditions or need to be hospitalize the people I work with will not be tested as we do not meet the criteria so if we get sick it is 2 week isolation for us to be safe.

There is no clear solution here but my concern is from what I have seen they give us an inch, people are taking a mile. Last weekend they re opened the trails and forest in York Region and right away people started pushing for the boat launches and parks to be re open. No one ever said this was going to happen but now people are mad as it has been announced that Boat Launches are not re opening. People also saw this move as it is safe to be outside and not social distance if you are outside. I am just afraid in a week, or 2 or maybe 3 we will again see huge jumps in cases.

I guess we all now sit and wait and see what is allowed to re open on May 18th and go from there.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Wed, Apr 22nd, 2020 at 01:47 PM.
    Giseledta likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

May 18 is the Saturday of the Victoria Day long weekend. I was hoping Ontario will reopen the stores at least by May 13 so that if the weather's 10C or warmer, we can all get out and get the sunshine and go shopping (Value Village and more as online shopping has been hit and miss)! Waiting until the long weekend could lead to crammed stores or grocery lineups. Am expecting the return of empties being accepted at all Beer Stores too as I could put the nearly $7 from empties into my bank account. Not sure which local stores might not reopen if they cannot cover their April bills or rent.

Parents of post-secondary students (continuing and new graduates)-the PM announced a Canada Emergency Student Benefit today for the months of May to August to help offset lack of summer jobs. Parliament has meet to pass the legislation, so make sure you talk to your students about this upcoming benefit! Also ensure that any tuition tax slips have been printed off by your students from their school online portals if income tax returns are going to be done soon (ideally this month so to keep any GST or OTB or other credits on schedule for July 2020 release).

One upside of this week's chilly #spwinter weather is that the hydro holiday rate is handy for laundry purposes. When the hydro holiday ends around May 7, Mother Nature better be in warm spring weather mode so we can use the outdoor lines for most drying purposes or we are in trouble! I'll need to acquire a new drying rack as well. I've done 4 loads of laundry. Bit disappointed that I had pretreated food stains on a tablecloth with dish soap but after washing & drying I immediately noticed some missed spots. Did a second round of pretreating and set item aside for 30min. It's in the washer now-hoping the stains release in the wash.

City yard waste crew must have come by this morning to collect the missed bags from yesterday's planned pickup. Feel like getting a little raking done of the light thin branch debris that does not warrant individual pickup by hand and start a new yard bag for May 4.

Yesterday on Twitter-Region of Niagara is mentioned in community paper as saying area is closed to tourists-for them not to park in parking lots and wander as has happened recently. Then I see a tweet by Pelham about a new site to list businesses still open for business. I tell the latter site to let the community paper know about their initiative, in light of the not-open to tourists messaging.
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Tea biscuits seems to be today's baking need. I have started to drink Earl Grey tea for a change from the ginger peach one. Might try the lemon camomile too.

The community paper bundle landed recently on the drive. Will see which flyers are inside. Would like to verify that the Shoppers flyer indeed has no laptop deals inside.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just read this tidbit on Twitter

“NEW: Premier Doug Ford throws cold water on the idea of the economy opening up by the "May 24 long weekend" (Victoria Day is May 18.) Premier cautions against the idea of things reopening so soon.”

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

My sister just shared this in our family group chat. But since the majority of my Sister's work team works in Georgia we have all seen the stories of how they are facing serious backlash for re opening too soon and many business are refusing to reopen

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyFree View Post
    Just read this tidbit on Twitter

“NEW: Premier Doug Ford throws cold water on the idea of the economy opening up by the "May 24 long weekend" (Victoria Day is May 18.) Premier cautions against the idea of things reopening so soon.”

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Actually got a piece of mail today-one of two purchased documents from the ON government.

Community paper is very thin and so are the flyers: Walmart-just another bunch of activities and ideas plus how stores are implementing shopping features to make it safe for customers to shop, Shoppers, Sobeys, M&M Foods, Fortinos, Florissa flyer (will post contest), Food Basics and Metro.

If you ever wanted to learn some American Sign Language basics and have Zoom software, @grimsby Library on Twitter and Instagram will have a mother (hearing)/daughter(deaf) duo doing a virtual workshop today at 4pm EDT on the ASL alphabet and some basic phrases.

Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread Information