User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Does anyone do grocery shopping online?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm wondering if anyone has been switching to online grocery shopping because of the virus. Will any of you be doing your grocery shopping online?

I thought about it, but some prices are more expensive some items are still out of stock and there's still shipping..especially if you just buy a few items.
    Also, hate that most places require you to create an account just to browse prices.

Have any of you switched to online grocery shopping? If so, what places do you use? If not, would you be interested to? or still prefer to buy groceries in person?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I have been trying for weeks to get a slot in at The RCSS, NoFrills and Fortinos closest to me but can’t get one . I need to get some fresh fruits ,veggies and milk I will be going to the store tomorrow and take all precautions when I am there . Will taking my own hand sanitizer, wipes to wipe the cart and will be wearing gloves . Hoping to get there before it’s busy. Only going to shop at 1 store
    Giseledta, Natalka, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Just used Mr. Case for some food and cleaning items not in stock at local stores. If you spend under $100, delivery is $25. Over a $100 spend, you are charged $15 for delivery. Got a prompt credit memo yesterday am before my order shipped out for soap not in stock. The service is good if you want 6 or 12 of something and there are single and case produce items too. They carry computer wipes so I bought a container to try them out as I read that alcohol wipes could cause problems with electronics (static charge). Advantage is that delivery to Hamilton is possible (Mr. Case delivers twice per week-you pick your first date and so on. Tip-you must agree to save your credit or debit card info when you set up an account or you'll see an error message-my issue twice until I just went along and said yes to save, then things went fine) and if there are heavy items, the delivery person is bringing them to the spot you indicate on your order as dropoff location. Saves me a few trips with my grocery cart in these lineup times!

I was sent a survey today plus a code to get 10% off my next order (I'm planning for early May). My guiding principle will be to see what items I cannot find in store like Eden kidney beans and get a case of them, plus pop (I got the Fresca peach citrus and it tastes more like flavoured soda water-which can states_than pop but there's no sugar in it) and one kind of salad dressing (supposedly sold at an area store, which I will visit to get an idea of what one bottle costs). If you have not explored the site before, give yourself at least an hour to go through all the categories and subcategories-several stationery items and Cross pen refills show on the site, along with snacks, office supplies and health and beauty items.

You can browse to view prices but you cannot save an order or see the list (items on your order) without an account. But you can put things into the cart to get an idea of subtotal before delivery and sales tax charges. Fun to "shop" this way and plan your order.
    Last edited by Ciel; Tue, Apr 14th, 2020 at 06:25 PM.
    Giseledta likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I'd like to order through Grocery Gateway next month but my local store is booked 3 weeks ahead of time for delivery. I only use the site to get an idea of order totals and to see if there are items there I cannot get at my local store. At checkout, the order items each have a box you can check if you'd allow a substitute item for the requested one in your order. Be aware beyond the delivery charge, there can be a fuel surcharge. Ancaster delivery showed as $9.99 plus $1.10 or so fuel surcharge.

Should I come into a $500 gift card or cash win, I'd be placing a GG order right away once the funds land into my account or hand! I'd include the lunch bundle, a fruit bundle and some fun things like magazines and gift wrap and cards (because sending cards to people to mark occasions keeps the mail service going and brightens someone's mail day).
    Last edited by Ciel; Tue, Apr 14th, 2020 at 06:35 PM.
    Giseledta and JDI007 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Discovered that the Burlington ON location of Goodness Me is offering delivery service to within 10km of its store.
    https://goodnessme.ca/pages/home-delivery-burlington
    Giseledta likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I have done pickup at fortinos 2 times now ,during this virus.

The first time was great every thing they had on march 2,then I waited 12 days later this time yesterday march 14 my order was a little screwed up missing an item ,got cranberries instead of raisins ,got ranch dressing instead of ceasars dressing ,when substituting zucchini of 3.40 they gave me 2 organic for 4.99.

So I called and the customer rep for the online orders said they have a lot of young kids filling the orders and its extremely busy ,so she will credit my credit card with the missing item and overcharge .

Yes items are a bit more but there is still some sales to be had (if in stock).I am a senior in my 60"s and I need to rely on this ,as I had a health problem in march.

Does it bother me that I cant use coupons ,price match etc ,yes a bit but my health is worth more. I have tried to get into walmarts online pickup or even no frills to no advail they are always full,so fortinos it is for me .At least I am getting p.c points .
    Giseledta, Ciel and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I find the Atlantic Superstore online grocery shopping frustrating at best.....there are little to no time slots during a flyer week, so if you add items to your cart that are on sale, by the time you find a slot you are outside that sale week and they are no honoring the sale price. So I am forced to shop in store.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mulock View Post
    I find the Atlantic Superstore online grocery shopping frustrating at best.....there are little to no time slots during a flyer week, so if you add items to your cart that are on sale, by the time you find a slot you are outside that sale week and they are no honoring the sale price. So I am forced to shop in store.
    While I shop in-store too, for me at least, it's not a forced decision but rather a choice between imperfect options. Basically, one is safer but costs more, the other vice versa.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I was out today grocery shopping for fresh veggies, fruits, milk, yogurt, Chips and crackers . Burger buns and Bread, Bagels. I was happy with my shop at RCSS. I was able to PM and I used 3 coupons . The store that I shop at has 1 big line for self check out and another line for all other cashier 1 employee is there telling which cash lane is open. All cash lanes was open but 2 lanes were for PM everyone was doing there best to social distance and Physical distancing. I was there at 8:30 am there was a.ready a line up I was the second in line and it took me about 1 hour to finish shopping. Didn’t go through all the isle only the ones that had what I need was happy that I got everything on my list.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I had been using Superstore every few weeks, totally pleased with experiences. The few times something went wrong, I would get a call from the store manager with a code for money off the next order - note, this has always been generous, well above what an item cost.

Never had an issue with produce or meat, always well selected.

Have not used them since the virus situation, slots all booked up for weeks.
    Last edited by Natalka; Wed, Apr 15th, 2020 at 01:58 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have never tried it.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Mr. Case sent me an e-mail about their April Deals (site still had March deals when I placed my order near start of April) that expire in 10 business days. Lots of clearance on snacks, some teas, some bulk snack items and miscellany.
    Giseledta likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have been tempted a couple of times especially when I saw I could order and pick up in 5 days but the horror stories have stopped me.

Step Mom did an order and her biggest complaints where the produce, one she ordered all organic and got all normal, she could understand if they substituted some of veggies but she can't believe they had no organic. Also she said all the veggies she did get had to be used that day or the next as they were all already about to turn so that defeated trying to show once for a week or two.

Bro and GF (who normally use this service before the pandemic, had a horrible experience) they were supposed to pick up Wednesday between 7 & 8 pm, they got an email just after 6 pm that the store was currently running 4 hours behind on click and collect groceries, they tried calling the store as they close at 8 pm right now so they did not understand what this meant for their order. Just before 7 someone called them to say to say their pick up had moved to the next day, they asked for their time slot as both of them are still working but were told you do not have a time slot, watch your email.

The next day when they went to get their groceries, bro said it was horrible. They sat in the parking lot over an hour and half waiting for them to fix their order as so many items are on their order were wrong or just missing all together. Even after the hour and a half their order was still messed up they ended up on the way home stopped at a local small market that is taking a ton of precautions to get what they needed to make it through the week.

Although to make everyone laugh, they ordered 2 green peppers and did not realize until they got home that instead of 2 peppers, they got 2 bags and ended up with 16 green peppers.

Sis has one booked for this week so we will see how her experience goes.

I should also mention all of these were done at 3 different stores, in 3 different towns.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sat, Apr 18th, 2020 at 04:50 PM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

if anyone knows how to use the metro app... please pm me... thanks. i am struggling
    Ciel likes this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Grocery Gateway has an update regarding delivery release date changes as of today:
    https://www.grocerygateway.com/store/COVID-19update
    Thatdone likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information