User Tag List

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree1924Likes

Thread: May 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Had my glasses repaired at Walmart which cost me $80 - not for the glasses but for wandering throughout the store as there was nowhere to sit and wait for the repair. I did fînd my colour changing solar lights for $4 each, shorts, cat food, etc. Usually I buy my solar lights at giant tiger but I haven't seen them this year.

Popped into Fortinos as they had mini sizzlers on sale. Tomorrow I will make sausage and cheese on a bagel 😻. I know it's fatty but I really have a craving.

I also had a $10 surprise voucher on my eBay account for a cancelled order, that was to expire in 2 days. Luckily I needed paper unbleached filters for my Keurig k-cups, so I ordered more. Not sure why I am not getting notifications from them.

Stay safe everyone.
    Last edited by barbis9; Wed, May 20th, 2020 at 11:31 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Do you think they take stuff back at shoppers?
    Giseledta, ROMEO, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Greentires, my guess would be no as I have heard no Loblaw Banner Stores are accepting returns but I have not tried to return anything to Shoppers since Covid started.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    It seems best to phone your store. Fwiw I'd guess they'll say no, but it's a guess. SDMs are franchises, so in matters where HQ can't or hasn't set a national policy per the franchise agreement, each can apply its own.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Another Sunny start to the day! My youngest DS is into photography and Kijiji deals. He purchased his 1st camera for $60 last year. He wanted to up grade so he sold it for $200 this past week. He was going to get a $800 camera for around $500 and then down the road get the upgraded one. But after talking we decided why wait if he can get a deal. Well he found the deal on a $1600 camera for under $1000 brand new in the box. Of course it was downtown Toronto. I wanted to get out of the house anyway so I said I would take him so we went yesterday when I was done work. He also found a lens near the same spot and got a deal on it too. He is so happy with his new purchase and is ready to make some money with it We were gone for 4 hours round trip but the traffic was not bad at all so it was the best time to go.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    The struggle is real today, I have been having trouble sleeping the last 2 nights and I think it is catching up with me. Today I am having issues focusing and finding my motivation to tackle the things I need to get done for work. I am pushing through and getting stuff done but it also feels like today is taking forever (really, it is only 9:30).

Even though it is a short week, I wish it was Friday. I feel like I need to get up, get moving and then I might find my ambition but kind of hard to do when it comes to work as I need to be working on my laptop. Since being moved to working remotely all of my projects are on my laptop there is no getting up moving around tackling other types of projects.

Maybe I will take a break in a little bit, move around, get some stuff done and see if that helps. Really wish it was Saturday and I could just tackle my at home to do list but it is Thursday so back to work I go.

Have a great day everyone.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I did a quick NF trip this morning.
    $75 OOP
    Redeemed $10 in points
    $14 in coupons
    Earned 7,000pts
    bought a salad kit for 50% off

edit: I forgot to ad that the cart that I went to use at the store already had a loonie in it, so $1 found money when I returned the cart at the end of my shopping trip.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, May 21st, 2020 at 02:42 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning off to giant tiger this morning ,no lineups which is great.Not a lot wearing masks I spent $120 but I am trying to stock up on a few items plus I used 2 cpns saved 3.50 and 6.00 from checkout51
    main items were
    (3) black forest hams 6.97 reg 12.00 limit 3
    cavendish 10 minute French fries 1.88 to think i paid 3.29 on a grocery online order last month
    bravo sauce 1.97 got the limit of 4
    potatoes 3.74 for 5 pound

didn't look at clothing as I don't care for their clothing except socks ,but followed the lines a few people were not even used my giant tiger offers but forgot one main offer I wanted club house spice 1.97 -oh well in and out not long at all.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I took a break and cleaned out my one small garden in backyard (herbs and onions) So the onions I planted years ago are still coming up? Does this make sense? Smells like onions Also pulled a few things out of the shed and posted for sale. And I found a green bin in perfect like new condition!!Will put outside at kitchen door and start using it! I have a small bin above the sink but I will try just putting right out in the big bin for now and see how it goes.
    It is so nice out I am getting my sweat on! A shower will feel so good later!
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Maybe you have some stray self-sowed onions @Frugalbigmama ! I yanked one of the supposed garlic bulbils from last fall and it just looks like a large green onion with no clove bulb formation. I remember cutting the centre stalks so Mom said wait a while and I'll see bulbs.

I have to give the garden some attention today. I happen to hear Liem on Global morning show today and he said something about the weather changing Sunday. I looked at the Weather Network and it shows rain/thunder and humidity from Sunday into next week. Sigh-summer is coming with a bang and spring just got here this week. I'll need to make more ice cubes and encourage Mom and Bro to get groceries. Saturday-I'll put the 300 ct cotton sheets on my bed as they are cool during humid weather and stow the comforter away.

Home repairs-31 yr old hot water tank leaked Tuesday. Bro and handy cellphone arranged a friend to help him buy and install new tank. t. Today a repair person was fixing the furnace and putting it back online. Mom's income tax refund is definitely going to be paying for lots, as brother has been using his cards to pay for things. If this all were to happen next week, probably there'd be issues as Bro may be working and figuring timing would be really hard. Bonus-brother left tank near road. Someone picked up yesterday while I was cutting down the tank cardboard for recycling. There are people looking for scrap metal.

Did my can/bottle return yesterday to get money and the setup is too much effort for my upper body. Plus 30min lineup. I'll only return when store resumes regular operations as the sorting table setup was not near the door and we really could use castor top tables to help everyone move boxes and bins (most of line up attendees were middle aged or seniors). Cannot see this system working through a heatwave like the one coming this weekend as our town store only lets empties back on Mondays and Wednesdays. If you can go to a store with full service or distribution drop off centre via car, do so.

Happily, my friend and I visited a different Dollarama and Shoppers yesterday, so I was able to get Almond/Coconut beverage tetras and a few fun things. My Simons order arrived and I got the new shower curtain hung right away! I have laundered the new kitchen towels and have to hang the linens outside today unless Mom found the basket after the repair person left.

Good to see the SC Blog mention laptop deals at Staples. Noticed Shoppers listing two offers in upcoming flyer for laptops as well.
    Fabricland Ontario has some stores with reduced orders open. Masks, distancing and no pattern books are part of the new retail browsing experience. Mom will be thrilled but only if she can get there somethere, as she wanted to shop this week.

Plum Members at Indigo-today is the last day for free sitewide shipping, no minimum deal (some exclusions apply).

My community paper bundle did not have No Frills and Walmart flyers. Have to look at the digital ones as tomorrow I intend to get some cleaning supplies at Walmart.

Could eat a whole fruit pie if one were to materialize in raspbarry, apple or peach flavours! Suddenly hungry but I brought water in case I got thirsty today.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Had a $20 sale today from leftover items posted last week. She sent an e-transfer and I put on the porch for her family member pick up.

I found another green bin (the small one the county gave us long ago) also like new. Happy I kept them! So that one will fit under the kitchen counter. Will advise the boys to start using it.

I just made Grilled cheese for lunch (2 for DS) I also made pasta salad and it is in the fridge chilling. DS asked me for it the other day.
    Dinner tonight is BLSL Chicken breast on the bbq with ceaser salad. I took a 4pk of breasts out of the freezer and they are thawing nicely on a plate on the counter.

Have a nice day everyone.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I was going to start trying to sell stuff again but after the looking at the site and comments being left, think I will continue to hold off. Apparently our town is not very e-transfer friendly, everyone still wants to leave cash and there are a lot of complaints about people now knocking on your door during a porch pick up and trying to renegotiate at the door.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I was going to make vanilla yogurt popsicles for the kids because they finished the smoothie popsicles this morning. I opened a new container of Activia and it was dark yellow and obviously rotten. Yuck. I opened another new container to make the popsicles. I called Activia about the yogurt and was told that it’s someone else’s decision as to whether or not I’d be sent a coupon for compensation.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Lots of sunshine for me today. Bbqing the chicken now. They were huge so cut all in 1/2 so we will have leftovers.
    I went to two garden centres. Only picked up 4 hot pepper plamts. I have them planted already.
    I need another shower. Im so hot!!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, May 21st, 2020 at 05:08 PM.
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    to my knowlage.. no. 2 of my kids work at one in Ontario... returns are not being accepted.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information