User Tag List

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree1924Likes

Thread: May 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all.
    i didnt get the laundry done last night, so will finish that off .
    i have 2 baskets washed and ready, i need to set up a wash station at the front door for the dc kids, sigh. new world.
    so , laundry going...

so , friday , hubby was off early... i decided to head to costco... ( silly me..) ... ok.. so no control of who is entering the store. - it was about 95% as busy as it normally is. i simply did not go down or into certain sections... bread section..... nope... it was ... crowded... the isle with the butter... nope.. that was busier...
    no arrows with directions.
    the cash was good, they have removed tills and added space... and red circles to stand.

i was in and out fairly quick, prob because... i avoided some sections. also people came uncomfortably close to me....
    i am not telling my mom i will go back , till i feel comfortable going on a reg basis. That is not yet. ask me in 2 months... maybe. other wise known as ... people suck .

ok, back to my batcave. housework, and avoiding people
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello. Just came in from cleaning up the yard. Looks nice for the time being. Also my veggie pots are doing really nicely. They enjoyed the heat and watering I did. 19 pots in total. Really looking forward to this crop!

Rain later so enjoy the day folks!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning -stopped by and seen the girls yesterday all social distancing ,then popped into freshco (my neighbour told me they have nice flowers and cheaper also)one hanging basket for the back veranda (lovely red flowers lady told me you can bring this trocpical inside of winter and it will grow flowers til dec and some red geraniums for inbetween my front plants to give it colour total $36.00.I don't wish to do floor baskets of flower I made up other years ,but I for sure will buy a few tomato plants .

Just ordered a few toys for the grandkids a book for ashlyn(she loves the adams family)nana do I look like Wednesday she asked me yesterday"she had braided pig tails-so cute,puffy stickers for car and a sticker book for Sebastian .

Plus I ordered my ozonel as I cant use polysporin ,I know ceil mentioned ages ago I could get it at food basics that have a pharmacy in them ,but it was 11.97 on amazon and I am almost out of my feb 2020 expired tube .

Enjoy the day everyone ! rain is coming around 3-4.00 p.m

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Slow start to the morning here, I woke up with a headache. So I am relaxing on the couch with a cup of tea and watching a couple episode of Chicago Fire that have been on my PVR forever.

I am happy with my meal prep from yesterday but might try to get a coupe more things done today. Originally our plan was to shop this week but so far we cannot figure out a day we can go so we might have to move it another week out. The good news is other than a few small things we are not out of food. The only thing I am worried about it Mushrooms, we use these a lot in meals where we scale back on Meat but add Mushrooms to beef up the meal.

I also need to tackle the floors but these may have to wait, unless this headache starts to ease off they will not be part of my day. I would also like to tackle a couple of Kitchen Cupboards, I think if we move forward with some plans we have we will gain a lot of much needed space. I think we have come up with a plan for the dinning room but I need to buy some furniture. I worked out the cost last night and when I added it up, the cost is actually quite reasonable for the all the storage we will gain.

Alright hopefully the Advil i took kicks in and I can find some ambition.

Hope everyone enjoys this wonderful day.
    Giseledta, wendymac and lilo0003 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    The headache came and went all day, pretty sure it was the weather. Floors did not get done but I am good with it.

We did work on the Kitchen a little bit, it was a slow process as our originally plan did not work so we had to try to re work it. It is hard to get the kitchen in order without having the storage for the dinning room. Our kitchen is quite small and does not have a ton of storage so we need to use dinning room for storage. We got a good start but there is still more work to be done, I am just hoping we get to a point where some stuff can start to leave out house, I suggested we had too many mixing bowls today (we only have over 30) but that did not go well.

We had homemade Burgers with the Pasta Salad I made yesterday, I was going to offer to BBQ the Burgers but just as we were about to start cooking the rain started.

Laundry is done and folded, I just need to put it away.

There are a few dishes I need to do tomorrow and Mom is working tomorrow so I need to figure out dinner. I have a late afternoon meeting so I am thinking maybe something in the slow cooker, this way I can set it before my meeting and we will have dinner when Mom gets home. I will have to look up some recipes, I need to find something that does not include rice as all of a sudden we are eating a lot of rice this week.

Alright sounds like I need to spend some time on Pinterest and see what I can find for dinner options. Hope everyone had a great day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

New gardens are done and all the plants are in. Our wheelbarrow has a flat tire. So we picked up a new one in the Canadian Tire shop and DH could not get the screws to loosen. FB to the rescue. Neighbour loaned us one. Yard looks great. Fence contractor came by today and this one hard the best price and is very local. With DH still working FT we need to contract this out as he will not have time to do it. Weekend is almost over. Now sitting on the deck with the fireplace on.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

This weekend I made $192 is sales. Contactless pick up from outside our house.

2 loads of laundry are done.
    Boxes of clothes are labeled, stacked up, and waiting to be sold. Extra boxes have been moved to the shed.
    House has been vacuumed.
    Kids are bathed and heading to bed.
    Kitchen still needs some love, but it’s not looking too bad.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, May 24th, 2020 at 11:29 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

that is a great amount!!!!
    Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok, plan for the day.

mow th front yard...
    and prob a area in the back .
    set up the new chalk board.
    work on either the sandbox or the storage box area.

paperwork or dc.
    spotless kitchen. work on 2nd daycare room
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! And what a hot one.

Yesterday I ate a late lunch at 4pm (Chicken Ceaser salad- Such a cheap meal really and easy to whip together with leftover bbq'd chicken) so didn't eat anything else after that since I was full still.

I saw a post of Free stuff on the curb on facebook yesterday. I figured it was on my way somewhere so I would take a look (since I saw a perfect condition plastic bin with the lid too!) Of course it just started to pour rain on my way. I got soaked but it didn't appear anyone had beat me there. I just grabbed the bin (filled with wine making equipment! Sweet!! And a tool in the case with battery etc) I would have grabbed the train table for my BFF kids but it was raining so hard I was drenched and worried it was ruined. I may take a drive by again today. Such a waste as they had new sheets and stuff out but would have been soaked with the rain but I'm sure someone could have used them. I really just wanted the bin So happy!

I (hopefully) have an $80 sale today. I am delivering it shortly after 4 since it is near my office. Been posting the extra camping stuff for sale to get it out of the shed and garage!

Have a great day everyone!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i have a couple of things in our shed i will be posting.
    i am back in now, front and sides mowed.. mats hanging and washed.. sun will dry them fast, 2 planters filled. and chalk board moved and in place.

did a bit of dc texting. seriously, my parents are the best.

going to go clean the kitchen in a bit, and get laundry going. might make myself a iced tea. hmmm. yummy

on the tea note... has anyone heard of https://www.adagio.com/?afsrc=1 prices are alot better then davids..

i am hoping to get outside later and work more on the yard. to hot now.
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Received my annual billings for house and car insurance.

Car went down $57. House went up $76.68. Have till Mid June to shop around if I decide.
    Giseledta likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

angela -way to go on the sales

I was up early and off before 8.00 a.m was gonna get my tomato plants at Canadian tire but they didn't have a garden centre this year ,so over to fortinos got 2 tomato plants a lot of veggies were gone ,

Then popped into fortinos at it was 8.15 and no line up ,just wanted to get a bit of stuff ,used 20.00 in p.c points so now my points are all gone have to save them up again $60 dollar later .

Inotice its hard to get refill soap for hands shoppers had none the other day and fortinos had limit 1 (I got the last bag of dial coconut soap 5.99) cheaper than the method refill was 7.99.Is everyone else have a hardtime getting liquid soap??

Working a bit on my backyard trimming by hand ,as our whipper snipper is not here yet.I can only do a bit ,if it takes me 3 days to do it who cares.

Supper bbq hamburgers french fries and fresh corn 4.99-1,000 points=3.99-yummm

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

We always buy our Hand Soap at Costco and 1 Package (2 Costco Size Bottles) last us about a year so Soap has not been an issue for us.

Getting it for work has been a bit hard, 5 branches and 2 production plants, Dad normally buys 10 Costco Packs at a time. Most stores locally were out for 2 to 3 weeks but now have it on hand but most are limiting to 2 per customer. Also Costco does seem to have it back in stock and even when they were out they were offering brands I had not seen them carry before, packaging wasn't as big but price was quite cheap. Luckily we had stocked up before this hit and had 7 (2 Costco Size bottles so really 14) hand soap on hand plus the family did a sweap of local stores and got enough to get through.

Hand Sanitizer has been more of an issue, so far home we are good and I have supplies to make more but work was a bit harder.
    Giseledta and coupon girl like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Oh what a day, work has been insane today, I am getting pulled all over the place. I had a meeting this morning for our website (another one tomorrow as they forgot today is holiday in the US so the person we needed help from on a third party application was not available). I am in a webinar now, multitasking.

I went to take a break from working to get up and move around, came upstairs to find Mom in a full blown panic attack. She is having a hard time being back at work, wearing the mask all day is causing her a lot of health issues. She is trying to work through this with the doctor so we will see what happens, she was unable to go work today.

All of a sudden Mom is very interested in using our Instant Pot so we will see where this goes. I would love to use it more but I think I need to get more comfortable with using it. In the past I have mostly used it for side dishes but need to find more we can cook in it. I always want to use our Crock Pots more, we used to use them all the time but I have over the last 6 months or so we have stopped using the Crock Pots and Instant Pot.

Have to see what I can tackle and get done around the house as I need a new set up for our Crock Pots as normally I set them on the dinning room table but now that is my office.

Alright I gotta figure out dinner, I did not get the Crock Pot going before my webinar so now I will have to see what plan B is, either BBQ or Instant Pot.
    Giseledta likes this.

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information