User Tag List

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree1924Likes

Thread: May 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Do you think there are going to be many yard sales this spring and summer? On the one hand, people are staying sel-contained and not welcoming a flood of strangers up their driveways. On the other hand, people need extra funds. Have there been early yard sales where you are? I'm a big fan, and it is something I look forward to every year.
    SassyAshley likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I do not know about other places but our town has said they are not issueing Garage Sale permits and this will continue until at least June 30th. Personally I think this will continue, we are in a cottage area and they are trying to stop day trippers from coming.

Quote Originally Posted by wendymac View Post
    Do you think there are going to be many yard sales this spring and summer? On the one hand, people are staying sel-contained and not welcoming a flood of strangers up their driveways. On the other hand, people need extra funds. Have there been early yard sales where you are? I'm a big fan, and it is something I look forward to every year.
    wendymac likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

alotof people around my area are doing fb selling, porch pick up with etransfers.

my mom is selling alot of stuff in her shop, however its more a friend is selling it to his friends. its a werid situtaion, but working well for her.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok. wednesday.. i think... let me check... yep... that s it..lol

ok. i have a project i want to do quickly, i a also have to drop off a pkg at the post office. i will be spending the rest of the day inside.

goals..

finish off dc room 2, other wise known as bonus room
    vac hallway.
    work on project
    get laundry done.. washed dried folded and put away... omg... is that do able... hmmm. lol

supper.. no idea yet... i do kinda want to bbq. i may do that

bonus chore... get hubbies meds, and finish cleaning the fridge. otherwise know as... lets see how much energy i have.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

emergency order for Ontario has been extended again
    or Swagbucks

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning-ohhh its Wednesday -giseledta wow you are energetic

Off to social distance with my daughter-in-law and granddaughter's this morning outside as they ride their bikes

I just ordered off joes fresh -thanks frugalbigmama for the tip about pjs but I am ordering the same shortie sleep shorts I ordered last year from joe fresh (the size large will fit me)as I already have a pair,plus a white tank (don't have white ) and a tank top for Ashlyn for passing with her adams family book I ordered -lol

Joes fresh is still spend $25 get free shipping ,I noticed the gap and old navy have raised their amount to spend 50.00 get free shipping .They are selling out of clothing really fast in the large ,xl sizing -wow .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! So glad the AC is on here at the office. I can't believe how hot it is outside already.

I watered my pepper plants this morning and one is missing!!!!! Guess an animal stole it? so weird.

Tonight- I need to do laundry. I like to hang my yoga pants/capris to dry and my fav ones are dirty so I need to get on that tonight. I guess I could pull my drying rack outside and they would dry quickly.

Shop Local- I am all for shopping local. I joined this group that sells local food and they arrange delivery (Spend $75 or more free delivery) or (pick up at the main store but it is 30 mins away) Well they sent the email today and they have asparagus. $9 LB. Yeah no I'm not paying that and driving 30 mins to get it or pay a delivery fee.

Enjoy the day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    emergency order for Ontario has been extended again
    What does this mean?
    lilo0003 likes this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

All current restrictions remain in place

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    What does this mean?
    Giseledta and lilo0003 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    All current restrictions remain in place
    ok that's what I thought! Thanks. I have stopped reading about it.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Upcoming Ontario flyers are posted. $1 pineapple!! and $2.97 Watermelon. My kids will be happy!
    Angela273, Thatdone and CheriLyn like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I feel you on the shopping local, I would love to but the pricing is completely out of my budget. Last year I looked and compared to No Frills
    Tomatoes $0.97/lb @ No Frills Buy local $4.99/lb
    Corn 4/$1 @ No Frills Buy Local $2/each
    Zucchini $0.99/lb Buy Local $3.99/lb

If they were more compareable I would but my budget could not afford fresh produce at the local prices.
    Giseledta and lilo0003 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I feel you on the shopping local, I would love to but the pricing is completely out of my budget. Last year I looked and compared to No Frills
    Tomatoes $0.97/lb @ No Frills Buy local $4.99/lb
    Corn 4/$1 @ No Frills Buy Local $2/each
    Zucchini $0.99/lb Buy Local $3.99/lb

If they were more compareable I would but my budget could not afford fresh produce at the local prices.
    Exactly! And usually in the summer there is a good chance that No Frills is receiving the asparagus etc from the same spot!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, May 27th, 2020 at 11:46 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

honestly, i dont feel the emergency orders are doing anything...
    people are lined up around the block at a homesense in London, , no social distancing or restrictions on amount of people going into Costco wellington, the north one may be different,...
    trafffic is the same on our roads...

stores that were doing only curb side... are now doing full enterence into the stores.

sigh.
    i feel like it is just going to happen.
    people on my street, are certainly .. having people over, and visiting. ...

i feel like i am going to have a full on panic attack. this is not moving slow. i think i am going to make a blanket fort, and hide for a bit...
    panicking is not doingme any good.
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Honestly, I feel the same in our town now that things are allowed to open being a "small town" a lot of stores feel they no longer need to limit who comes in. They do not sanitize cart, nor do they offer anything for you to sanitize your carts.

I feel like most stores now that they are allowed to re open are actually trying to discourage Curb-Side pick up, we have one store (massive chain store across Canada) well they were offering curb side only it was 5 to 6 days to get a curb side order now that have re opened it is 12 to 14 days to curb side order. If you call to ask about your order their answer is we are open, if you want it quicker come in and get it.

I have also found that stores that used to limit people in the store, some still are but they have upped the limit they are allowing even though the store has not increased in size so before where 20 shoppers were allowed in they are now allowing 40 so when your are trying to shop it is almost impossible to social distance. I know of one store who was questioned on why they upped the limit in the store and their answer was we were getting complaints about wait times and customers were walking away. I get it but I also get for my personal safety, I won't be shopping in your store.

Also saw something interesting, there was a post by a Mom's group on Facebook, due to Covid we still are not allowed to gather at someone's house but stores have reopened so let's all grab a Starbucks and meet at (I won't use the stores name as it is not their doing) and shop together, there is no time limit as to how long we can be in the store so let's make an afternoon of it.

I am now having more anxiety when I go out to shop because I know more and more people are pushing the limits and I feel like a second outbreak could happen at any second.

I have noticed this week my anxiety is through the roof and I just want to hide in bed. My sister and I were just discussing that they re opened retail way too fast it should have remained curb side longer. Let's be honest extending the emergancy order does nothing, we are living in a society where you give them an inch they take a mile. A Large majority of people do not care about the restrictions anymore and believe if I can go shopping, I can have people over, I can throw a party.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Wed, May 27th, 2020 at 12:31 PM.
    Giseledta likes this.

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information