Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast
Like Tree1924Likes

Thread: May 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok, busy day for me. ...

plan..
    work on daycare room, shouldnt take more then a hour.

then grocery shop....
    dollerama... need more baskets.. sigh.

home.. put away groceries, and mini food prep.
    backyard...
    build picnic table, finish off sand box
    stinging nettles...

hubby is going to trim,
    middle is mowing.
    i need to finish off the wood pile.

work on pumpkin patch, and weed
    as well.. top up rest potatoes, and check all plants. ...

should be a blast
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

After supper last night twin girl wanted me to remove a mass of tiny elastic bands from a Barbie doll style’s hair. Once I eventually removed about 100 tiny colourful elastics that had been in the doll’s hair for months, the hair was a mess. Time for bed for our twins. Ds wanted to fix the doll’s hair for his sister. I reminded him to start from the bottom, etc. Once he got it all brushed out he put in one of his sister’s elastics to give the doll a pony tail. It was so precious. He wanted to surprise his sister with this kind gesture.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Slower start to the morning, I got up and took the yogurt out of the oven, verdict is still out. It is straining in the fridge. We did not put any flavour in it but it does not have that Tangy Yogurt flavour. We will see what it is like after I strain the yogurt and let it sit in the fridge.

I have done all of the dishes from the Yogurt and the kitchen is clean and ready for a busy day of Meal Prep.

I really need to get start but lacking some ambition but I am sure once I get going I will be good.

Have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! I went out for a frive for a coffee to leave my quiet house.
    Then once home i took BLSL chicken breast out of freezer for dinner. I made a pot of rice. Cleaned out the fridge completely. Cut up a pineapple. Put all garbage and recycling out to the garage. Scrubbed the kitchen sink!.

Now waiting for DS to wake up. Going for a drive so he can take some pictures with his new camera and we can chat and hang out .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We went for our drive and brought the dog. Offered to buy DS lunch at the beach restaurant doing take out. He said it was expensive and to wait for a sunny day lol. So we came home and i made him egg and cheese on a toasted bagel with a bowl of cut up apple, pineapple and bananas!

M making his favorite pasta for dinner. Chicken Tetrazini
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well I woke up a few times last night 11.30 ,3.00 a.m then 6.15 then stayed up as I wanted to go to seniors day at shoppers 8.00 a.m to 9.a.m plus get a lot of their sales .

Spent $123 wow but got 20 times the points as I spent over $75.00 ,used 6.00 in cpns plus 6.00 back from checkout51-I am now stocked up on shower gel ,managed to get another hand sanitizer 3.99 after seniors discount plus a large tub of soft-soap refill 4.99 (limit one)

Got only 1 tiger towels 4.99-1.00 cpm=3.99
    (2) fleecy dryer sheets 80's 3.99 limit 2
    (2) garnier shampoo fructis 2.99 had a coupon buy 2 save 3.00=$1.49 each awesome deal with the cpn

I am noticing a lot of items are limit 2 ,makes it harder to stock up a bit but I guess we must all do our part

Walked with hubby for a 20 minute walk ,then weeded around my flowers out front and trimmed by hand -as our whipper snipper and power washer from home depot and rona have both been delayed even longer .The stores were not open when we online ordered may16-hubby is not too happy about it .

My amazon order came 5 days later today which hubby said that's awesome ,why is rona and home depot so long ,volume of orders I said as stated on their websites.First world problem .

I noticed out of the 6 people in line at shoppers this morning 2 were not wearing masks and the men in there none had any masks on .My daughter said in Toronto 90 % where she shops all have masks on .

My dear hubby wore one to the garden centre the other day .

Supper tonight frozen gluten pizza "oggi" the best frozen pizza I have ever had .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, May 30th, 2020 at 02:16 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

For those in Ontario, we do not get to stay on off peaks price but a slightly higher price but same rate all day. I would prefer off peak all the time but better than going back to time of use in my eyes at least.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-i...rate-1.4961802
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Thanks for electricity-use share @SassyAshley . I hope your yoghurt turns out well.

I have to go into school next week. Two days of packing and helping with pick up of student materials. Union says it is voluntary, employers not making it sound so. We got the info yesterday. Have to go in on Monday and Tuesday so I don't see how that is voluntary. I am not sure how I am going to balance everything next week: teaching responsibilities (teaching, marking, planning and parent correspondence online is a full-time job for the 5 hours of online learning) with having to go in, alongside family responsibilities and the extra addition of report card writing the next two weeks . I wrote the union a letter that I was displeased with the mixed messaging and that one-business day is hardly enough time to make an informed decision if it is voluntary.

I am tired of the board and union fighting and me landing in the middle. I just want to do what is best for the kids and teachers and get a clear consistent message from both sides. I feel like every little thing is fight between mom and dad with them. Thanks for letting me rant. Moving on, this too shall pass and thankful for the work when I know what others are going through.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner done! Leftovers in the fridge and kitchen is clean.
    Washed bed sheets today and bed is made now. 2 more loads of laundry done too. Need to put away still.
    Sometimes cleaning out the fridge and moving stuff around gets it eaten. Apples were in crisper moved to top shelf in clear glass bowl. Both kids have been eating them today.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I pulled all the produce out of the fridge and made a big salad before the lettuce became compost decor. I also cut all the peppers and prepped them. I know if we don’t then they go bad whereas when the are ready yo go both DH and I will snack on them.
    DH and I rode our bikes to the plaza to get dog and kid treats. I asked for saddle bags for Christmas for my mountain bike. It felt good to not take the car and it meant there was a limit to how much junk I could buy. We also both have road bikes.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just picked up a bunch of outside toys for free. Balls, dump trucks, monster trucks, kids wheel barrow, sifters, shovels rake, hoe, and medium sized water guns. My kids are pretty excited about the additions.

I spent hours today sorting, photographing, and posting 5 boxes of kid clothes for sale. I’m sore from yesterday...4.5hrs outside, about 2hrs digging dandelions from our lawn.
    Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    I found my ambition althought I did not get everything done on my list but that is is okay, there is always tomorrow.

Today we got the following done:
    Yogurt is done, it did not come out quite how I had hoped, weirdly it does not have that tangy Yogurt flavour, it actually taste more like Sour Cream but again not as tangy. I am going to try to use it in Homemade Frozen Desserts where I will be adding other flavours

Pork Roast Instant Pot (I am trying to use our Instant Pot at least once a week), it is a one pot meal with Pork, Carrots, Potaotes, Mushrooms and Gravy. This is a made ahead meal I wil leave in the fridge for quick grab and heat lunches or dinners. It smell really good and Mom tried some of the Pork and said it was really good.

Roasted Chicken, we had a whole Chicken which we "Roasted" in our Crock Pot. This is in the fridge to use during the week.

Romaine Lettuce has been cut wasted and stored in the fridge, if we do not have it pre cut we do not eat it.

I had half a Cucumber and a whole cucumber with a small soft spot I cut up and used in a Greek Salad to go with dinner

I also prepped everything we will need for more cooking tomorrow, I greated Cheddar Cheese, Mozzarella and Monterary Jack which we will use to make Homemade Pizza Pockets, Homemade Queso and Homemade Mac N Cheese. I was going to make the Dough for the Homemade Pizza Pockets but we had pizza for dinner so the Bread Machine was making dough for dinner.

I have also been looking through our freezer, there are some things we are overstocked on so I am trying to find ways to use some of it and make space. I am all for stocking up but some things we have too much. Like Cranberries we literally have 10 bags, we use some cranberries at Christmas but right now that is like a 3 or 4 year supply for us.

Off to see what inpsiration Pinterest brings me. Have a wonderful evening everyone and hope those in Ontario are enjoying the cooler temperatures.
    Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

has anyone noticed grocery prices going up... i noticed 3 items today... i wasnt looking, but ... i definatly will be next time. sigh.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    has anyone noticed grocery prices going up... i noticed 3 items today... i wasnt looking, but ... i definatly will be next time. sigh.
    It’s actually terrifying how much some stuff has gone up. I am now paying 2.69 a week for eggs, it used to be 1.99. We use 2 dozen a week. The other thing is the incredible shrinking packages. Same price less product.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

On my last shop I noticed that 5 items we always buy have all gone up $0.50 to $1 per package.

What I do not understand is why some items are going up when I keep seeing reports that with resturants closed (take-out only) there a surplus of food but for some reason the price is going up at grocery stores. Eggs are one of those items I have heard we have a surplus of but now they never go on sale.

I am scared to see what meat prices look like when we go shopping this week. I have heard people mention meat is going up but I have not seen any numbers. I really only plan to grab Chicken Breasts and Ground Beef, we do not need it but I want to keep my supply up just to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    Ciel, coupon girl and lilo0003 like this.

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread Information