User Tag List

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1924Likes

Thread: May 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Sunny day here today.

Plan today. Work. After work. Clean kitchen. Figure out food for DS. Give fridge good wipe/clean. Take meat out of freezer to cook tomorrow in slow cooker. Salad as side for sure to use up romaine. Fridge is pretty empty but we have lots of food to use up so will see how long I can go. We have the basics so we won't starve (and a freezer full of meat/veggies/carbs) Will see what the upcoming sale flyers say.

I am excited to start cleaning out the garage. The loveseat from the basement was in there and is now gone to the dump. Now I just need DS to deal with his 3 sets of tires and huge speakers of his friends!

Have a fantastic day everyone!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

frugalbigmama - totally jelous.. our dump is closed. ... except for yard waste and contrators....

ok. i was up rather late... sigh. slept in now.
    i am hoping it becomes nice enough to go out for a bit this afternoon
    i am working on a dc room today. finish the laundry. a friend is picking up somethng off my porch today, we will be doing social distancing.

garbage and recyling tonight as well.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    frugalbigmama - totally jelous.. our dump is closed. ... except for yard waste and contrators....

ok. i was up rather late... sigh. slept in now.
    i am hoping it becomes nice enough to go out for a bit this afternoon
    i am working on a dc room today. finish the laundry. a friend is picking up somethng off my porch today, we will be doing social distancing.

garbage and recyling tonight as well.
    Ours was too (which was not right in my opinion) but then they opened a few up in our area. I thought they had reduced hours and asked if my guy checked into that when he was heading there...he did not and they closed just before he got there (3pm) so had to go the next day.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon -wow had an awesome sleep went to bed at 10.00 woke up at 3.00 a.m to pee then feel back asleep til 6.45 a.m -yessss

Hubby and I just put on our winter coats and went for a walk 18 minutes around the big block,got 3 lovley free cards in the mail from hallmark -all for special people .There is a nurse on our street so may give him one "what you do matters,then inside it say "a lot".It was posted on here a few weeks back,plus a yummy dark sea salt chocolate bar which I had to throw in my indigo order to make it $35.00 a week ago for the free shipping .

Supper tonight a small end of the roast I chopped into 3 a few weeks ago ,with mashed potatoes and corn in the can (trying to space them out them as I dont wish to spend on canned corn as I only like green giant )they are 1.79 online shopping .

Dusted today -and see sassy I think you asked awhile ago ,nope I vacuumed last week and just dusted today .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Sobeys trip. I found out at the till that they aren’t even letting us redeem rain checks now, so I had them put the Icecream back.
    $106.95 on gc
    $16.14 saved from 10% Tuesday
    $42.46 in coupons
    13AM earned
    $2 back CO51
    $5 Kellogg’s gas card promo

I’m still fighting with the gas card promo. It says my password is wrong. I tried resetting the password, but the website link isn’t working right. I might just have to try again later.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Funny the comments about dumps, ours never closed but reduced hours and is not accepting cash. But ours is only taking household garbage (although many have said this included renovation garbage like drywall) and hazardous waste but I think only on Saturdays. The biggest complaint here is that they we not taking yard waste, the closest drop off for yard waste is like 45 minutes away.

Angela, I must say the raincheck thing surprised me. I do not see why they wouldn't, but that might just be me. To me if they are taking coupons a raincheck is no different.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Angela, I must say the raincheck thing surprised me. I do not see why they wouldn't, but that might just be me. To me if they are taking coupons a raincheck is no different.
    In April I was told that they were not giving rain checks, but let me redeem rain checks. I didn’t have time to wait for a supervisor’s opinion regarding rain check redemptions this morning. I just got back in time for Dh to head to work. I might try to redeem this rain check in June, but I guess I could call and ask first.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CheriLyn View Post
    What do people do with their unwanted perfumes?
    I have a small drawer of gifted fragrances that I don't use...

Also, how do people choose which perfumes to buy?!?
    I was lucky enough that I loved the first fragrance I bought, but now it's been discontinued and I'm having trouble finding a new fragrance that I like...
    I use unwanted perfumes as room spray.
    what unwanted perfumes do you have?
    I always use a tester, but am finding most perfume smells skunky on me.....I think they are using cheaper ingredients these days.
    what fragrance was discontinued that you liked?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@johnb56789 I don't understand what someone's sexuality has to do with their employment. Being a good worker and getting along with colleagues is all that should matter. Obviously this other coworker has issues. Stay strong and be proud of who you are. Oh and stay safe too!
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon,
    Another busy day, it is good because I am busy but I am not getting a lot of my projects done which is disappointing.

After my morning meetings were done, I took a break and emptied and reloaded the dishwasher. Also got a nice surprise when I came down from my meetings Mom had started the laundry and when I offered to take over she said no she would finish it. Normally Mom does not do laundry as carrying the baskets up and down the stairs really hurts her so I do not mind doing it. I know she is a lot of pain today but she said she will do it as I have so much work on my plate.

Another little side project is trying to figure out how moving forward I can keep doing my job, the computer system stuff is easy as I can do that from home but how do I work with and train our staff well I cannot travel and even if I travel it is hard to train someone on a computer from 6 feet away. This is my new challenge and I do not have an answer right now. That has always been the benefit since I took this job on full time, I go to the branch I am one on one with the staff for a week at a time. We use a lot of technology but I have to find the right approach.

I have to work again tonight, I only got half of the mass upload/download done last night so I have to do the other half tonight. Not looking forward to this, not sure why but I am super tired today and really wishing I could just call it a day but oh well. I thought of starting later tomorrow but now I have an 8:30 meeting. I attend more meetings and webinars now than I ever did before.

Alright think it is time to make dinner, at least that will break up my night a little bit. Tonight we are having Chicken Teriyaki bowls with rice and mixed veggies.

Have a great night everyone.
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Ordered my Unilever box - $10.17 with tax, looking forward to trying some of the products. ( I posted this under deals). Also grocery shopped and spent way too much. Good thing I am limiting my grocery trips and only had one coupon I could use.

Someone mentioned polar vortex coming this week.....brrrr. I want so badly to sit outside and read with the warm sun and zero breeze.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I asked DS to clean off the front porch and rake the leaves in the front gardens. Now i want a new mat for outside the front door!
    I made dinner and DS loved it. Leftovers in fridge for him for lunch tomorrow.
    Ran the dishwasher and DS will empty tonight. Kitchen is clean
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Well... I put in a request with my Car Insurance Company (For Covid 19 readjustment to my insurance)... And I checked just now and they've reduced my premium which is nice!

Down from $91.58/mo to $61.19/mo (Although I am up for renewal come August)... And that's still for my full coverage levels, just reduced kilometers... Hopefully come renewal I can keep it low... But we will see what happens come August (or just before then)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Having a mug of tea, after a snack of jam and two apples (carb-loading whenever I'm waiting for something to heat up or to cook this week). Managed an evening trip after 8pm to Walmart and I asked staff about 8pm closing. Found out Walmart is now open until 10pm (started yesterday). Scored a big bag of reduced bananas for $2; I got a Hawaiian pizza, three-pack of Sharpie markers (silver marker for restoring button markings on tv remote) and a bag of pasta.

Today was the first lawn cutting day of this year. Ensured that I clipped the grass around house and garage so that the grass spurts look under control but I am hitting an energy wall. Not as much zip and zoom as last year, so I'll pace myself or opt out as needed. Did a quick wash and rinse of garbage can and exterior of green cart (interior has stuck stuff so need warmer day to wash it out).

The temperature was downright chilly today -the northeasterly wind seemed to take bites out of me.Ms. Sunshine was a brilliant superstar-shine, shine.

While I was looking at the new utility bills and matching past bills to bank statements, I did not see any inserts or comments about the Ontario hydro rate situation for May 7. Even Hydro One's Rate Relief page does not show an update. But Enbridge Gas did mention changes to Union Gas rates plus any reductions, per the insert. I also wrote the monthly amounts on the expenses page I set up to show costs for each month.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and coupon girl like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just got my Tuesday flyer deliver. There IS a Walmart flyer in it, sale starts May 7th.

edit: I’m just now looking at the flyer. The grocery flyer is just 1 big folded page with a Walmart Home insert in the middle of it.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, May 5th, 2020 at 11:23 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information