User Tag List

Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree2646Likes

Thread: Covid-19 situation

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thankfully, 'they' are telling us that the same vaccine should work on this new strain. But with the lack of thought of so many people, expect to see cases rise again!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    And now we have to worry about the more contagious UK strain of Covid-19 which had arrived in Canada.
    I wonder if it has always been here, and not just checking for it until now?
    JadeAngel, SnowFlakey and GoodBoy like this.
    Join Swagbucks for free amazon gift cards! $500 earned so far!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

My mother lives in a retirement home in Toronto and starting yesterday the nurses in the home are getting the vaccine. It is a good thing to have the staff that deals with the people that live there as they leave and come back every day

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    But with the lack of thought of so many people, expect to see cases rise again!
    Yup. Some people are going visiting for the holidays, as if it's a regular holiday season. I think the cases will rise in about 14 days or so. Sad.

Good news is that the next COVID vaccine made by Astra Zeneca + Oxford University (UK) is being looked at by Health Canada right now.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Thu, Dec 31st, 2020 at 07:38 AM.
    SnowFlakey and GoodBoy like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Yup. Some people are going visiting for the holidays, as if it's a regular holiday season. I think the cases will rise in about 14 days or so. Sad.

Good news is that the next COVID vaccine made by Astra Zeneca + Oxford University (UK) is being looked at by Health Canada right now.
    Dis not know that about the Oxford vaccine. Good news indeed.
    SnowFlakey likes this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Premiere Legault in Quebec is expected to announce an extention of school shutdowns, and businesses tomorrow at 5 PM. Also expected to announce a curfew. Everything will be announced tomorrow

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Time for a curfew in Ontario and much stricter orders.
    princessjen and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Premiere Legault in Quebec is expected to announce an extention of school shutdowns, and businesses tomorrow at 5 PM. Also expected to announce a curfew. Everything will be announced tomorrow
    Curfew? Wow. Those who have to work the evening shift and night shift may get stopped a lot.
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree. They roads are still so busy out. I don't know where everyone is going all the time. Its no surprise our cases are going up and up.
    Last edited by princessjen; Tue, Jan 5th, 2021 at 05:50 PM.
    SnowFlakey and GoodBoy like this.
    Join Swagbucks for free amazon gift cards! $500 earned so far!!

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

I wish they would shut down the schools here in NB. All of New Brunswick is moving into the orange phase at midnight. I figured with Christmas and New Years parties there would be a surge in cases and decided to keep the kids home for a few days to wait and see. As expected cases have surged especially in zone 1 (where we live) and zone 3. (I know our numbers in NB are much less than most of the other provinces but at least the other provinces seem to have the sense to close down schools for now.)

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

With respect to minimizing the spread of the virus, the time for much stricter measures such as a curfew was at least a couple of months ago, as soon as it became clear there would be a significant second wave. Our governments opted to try being less strict in order to balance in economic considerations. In terms of the "big picture", I don't think this was completely right or wrong, but they had to have known that being less strict would mean higher infection rates and death counts.
    princessjen and SnowFlakey like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good news for us
    My 89 year mother is getting her shot tomorrow

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

new rules for Quebec

A provincewide curfew from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.

The fine for breaking curfew will be $1,000 to $6,000.

Non-essential businesses will be closed but curbside pickup will be allowed.

Restaurants, gyms and theatres will remain closed.

Elementary schools will open as planned on Jan. 11, but children in Grade 5 and 6 will be required to wear a mask.

High schools will remain closed for another week, opening Jan. 18.

Libraries will be open to those who want to study there.

Grocery stores and depanneurs will close at 7:30 p.m.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Curfew starting on Saturday Jan 9 until Feb 8 from 8 PM to 5 AM. those working sifts and travelling during those hours will have to provide a letter or something like that from their employer, if stopped.

Tele-travaille (working from home) is mandatory unless you are an essential worker. All non-essential businesses will be closed. No shopping, but pick-up allowed meaning you can shop on line and pick up at the store.

Grocery stores will close at 7:30 PM to allow for staff to be gone by 8PM. The exception will be depanneurs who sell gasoline and pharmacies.

Restaurants, gyms, cinemas, theatres, etc closed until Feb 8. I stopped at a McDonalds for coffee today and asked at the pick-up window if they will be closing. The woman said she didnt know but she didnt think so.

All grade schools will reopen as of Jan 11 and grades 5-6 will have to wear masks in the hallways. Secondary schools will reopen on Jan 18 (mandatory in-home learning from Jan 11 to Jan 18) and they will have to wear masks in school all day. Govt said they will provide 2 masks per day for each student. (dont know if that will happen)

Exterior sports allowed in family bubble only (example, you can go skating with your family)

Persons aged 65 and older are beign to PLEASE STAY HOME for 4 weeks unless absolutely necessary example; docs visits, grocery shopping (at a minimum)

Not a good idea to babysit or take care of grandkids, this is being discouraged

Fines anywhere from $1,000 to $6,000 if caught between curfew hours without a valid reason. BUT

If you have a dog, you can walk your dog within a mile of your home without any penalties! Thats with Premiere Legault said, and he said get a dog. AHEM! Go figure. Does that make sense to you.

And right now there is no stopping from people going from zone to zone. Anyway, almost all of Quebec is in the Red Zone. So it makes no difference.

During his news conference he said that it was determined by Sante Quebec (or someone like that( that most of the transmissions are in-home transmissions meaning that people are becoming contaminated from visitors.

These measures should have been put in place in late Nov or early Dec but the economy has to keep rolling.
    Last edited by SnowFlakey; Thu, Jan 7th, 2021 at 06:20 PM.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Not a good idea to babysit or take care of grandkids, this is being discouraged
    During his news conference he said that it was determined by Sante Quebec (or someone like that( that most of the transmissions are in-home transmissions meaning that people are becoming contaminated from visitors.
    These are true, unfortunately.
    Some families took their senior relatives to their homes, from retirement homes, interacted with lots of family, and sent the seniors back to the retirement homes, with symptoms.

Some decided to have office Christmas parties, visit their grandchildren visit family members, travel to other cities because they had not seen family members for months, or even have New Year's parties.

Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information