User Tag List

Page 16 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree2646Likes

Thread: Covid-19 situation

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

In Quebec, in Red Zones the stores have opened up with with limited capacity. And my 3 granddaughters decided to go to the mall shopping. They do this 3-4 times a year afrer saving up their money. I really dread this and i talked to each of them about staying safe and keeping distance, washing hands, etc. And to bring Purell for their hands even though most stores have this at the entrance. Because you never know who is touching what. all 3 are responsible kids and they know what to do, but teenagers will be teenagers. A talked to each of them after and they told me what they bought and that they had a nice time shopping but the food court was closed, take out only, and they were hungry, so they came home earlier than planned. Next trip is planned for summer, hopefully most restrictions will be lifted by then. And im praying that they didnt catch anything.
    JadeAngel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

one more week of school here and then its spring break.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

In Nb this is the first time in a very long time that there hasn’t been a new case in the whole province. And while we have had confirmed cases of the UK variant the cases have all supposedly self isolated so it hasn’t had a chance to spread... while this seems good I’ve become pessimistic that this will last, I think there will be another spike in cases in the next 3 weeks or so. Next week is March break and I don’t trust that people will stay home like they’re supposed to, nor do I think they will actually self isolate if they do travel. Last year at March break people who travelled sent their kids to school anyway, Christmas and New Years have also caused spikes due to travelling and get together... unfortunately I’ve become pessimistic about people following the rules. Even if 99% follow the rules that 1% can cause an outbreak.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Vaccine roll-outs have been issued for Quebec. In the Montreal area, Starting Thursday those born in 1936 or before can call in or make their appointments on-line for the following week. After that it will be the 80 to 84 and so on down the line. several sites will be designated as covid vaccine sites. Here's hoping hubby and i can get our shots before the end of March. We know people in old age residences who have received their shots already.

Also Prem Legault stated the a lot of schools and classrooms have been closed because of the covid variant infections. He said the primary spread of this infection is through classrooms! So, spring break is next week and he said that his govt will re-visit the situation after classes resume in 2 weeks.
    Last edited by SnowFlakey; Wed, Feb 24th, 2021 at 09:09 AM.
    SassyAshley likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I lol'd at this. It should state, 'Family members of those born in 1936 or before will be yelled at several times while they try and explain the process to their loved ones and try and book an appointment for their elderly family members, all while being accused of 'giving out too much information to the internet', again'.

Which is not to say that folks over 85 might be good to go and book their own appointments online, but that hasn't been my personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    Vaccine roll-outs have been issued for Quebec. In the Montreal area, Starting Thursday those born in 1936 or before can call in or make their appointments on-line for the following week. After that it will be the 80 to 84 and so on down the line. several sites will be designated as covid vaccine sites. Here's hoping hubby and i can get our shots before the end of March. We know people in old age residences who have received their shots already.

Also Prem Legault stated the a lot of schools and classrooms have been closed because of the covid variant infections. He said the primary spread of this infection is through classrooms! So, spring break is next week and he said that his govt will re-visit the situation after classes resume in 2 weeks.
    Last edited by alex78; Wed, Feb 24th, 2021 at 02:26 PM.
    JadeAngel, walkonby and HermanH like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by alex78 View Post
    I lol'd at this. It should state, 'Family members of those born in 1936 or before will be yelled at several times while they try and explain the process to their loved ones and try and book an appointment for their elderly family members, all while being accused of 'giving out too much information to the internet', again'.
    I wish it were that easy in my mother's home. She never takes the annual flu shot and is downright reluctant to get the CoVid vaccine, at all. I'm still trying to convince her of the necessity and the difference between the tiny possibility of a negative outcome from the vaccine versus the probable calamitous outcome of contracting CoVid.
    walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Well, i know of several over 85's who have their appointments starting March 11th in several areas. So the roll-out has started. The way this is going i figure hubby and i should be getting our shots probably the first week of april. But it wont be near to us; we would have to go 2 towns over, not in Montreal.
    SassyAshley likes this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Spring Break has started here in Quebec. Vaccinations are rolling right along. In Montreal, the 80+ can now register. I guess it will be our turn soon.

Prem Legault's govt is expecting Covid cases to rise after spring break but the govt hasnt said how much of a spike they expect. Their thing is to wait and see. New measures will be taken after spring break has ended.

My daughter has reserved to go to the movies with the kids. You need to reserve your spot or else you wont be allowed in. She is still off work after being hospitalized for a bacterial blood infection.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quebec and my city is now a orange zone..so restaurants and gyms etc will be reopening next monday!!!! It was about time!!!
    SnowFlakey and Shwa Girl like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

cathoo7 lucky you! Montreal area, Laval, Laurentides, Lanaudiere and Monteregie are still Red Zones and all restrictions apply in those zones! So that means, we are still in the Red Zone. Lets see what the rest of the month will bring. I am so used to being restricted now, it doesnt bother me anymore. We are spending much less and saving much more.
    cath007 likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

SnowFlakey and alex78 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

So they’ve decided that yellow will now exist again without “enough people” being vaccinated. The whole province will be yellow at midnight tomorrow night. This is more strict than the last yellow level but less strict than the current orange. Masks will not be mandatory in the classroom but will be mandatory in the hallways, bathrooms, busses. I’ve told my kids that I want them to wear their masks in the classroom even if the other kids aren’t. (I think the oldest will listen he was already a bit of a germaphobe before the pandemic... my youngest however probably won’t and he’s really bad about touching everything and touching his face too.)
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

We are being old that even though we get vaccinated, we should all still follow the guidelines for safety, because the scientists dont really know if the vaccines will eradicate Covid, only that it will protect the people from severe illness. And they dont know how effective it will be against the variant. But what they do know is that since wearing the mask, washing hands and keeping distance, influenza has been almost non existant! Well at least that one good thing.

Anyway, our birthday months start the end of April and the majority are in May! I hope we will be able to get together sometime then. It would be nice to see everyone together again.
    cath007 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

My mother who lives in a retirement home has gotten both of her shots and she now gets to pick two people from her family to get the shots that will then beable to enter the residence in order to help her out when needed. Its a good idea but i have never hear of it before

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Hubby and i have booked our vaccination dates. April 2nd is the magic date for the first dose so i guess we are getting the 2 dose vaccine. We are both in the 70-74 range. Now that the appointment is a reality, im a bit anxious about the whole thing because the docs said that there are some adverse reactions to the vaccine. Some people have reported Covid-like symptoms. We shall see.

On the Quebec province situation, most of the province is now in the orange which means certain activities can restart, and gyms will reopen. In the red zones, all restrictions still apply; no nothing. We are in the Red Zone. I was hoping that some restrictions would ease in time for Easter but i guess not. Im disappointed but nothing we can do. Heres hoping that as more people in the Red Zones get vaccinated, things will start to reopen.
    walkonby, cath007, crafter and 1 others like this.

Page 16 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information