Is a show worth the risk ? Ludicrous imho.
Printable View
Is a show worth the risk ? Ludicrous imho.
that was part of my argument against it. He’s convinced it is and all I can really do is voice my objections. We let the kids choose for themselves (my decision was against anyone going but apparently that make me controlling) and ds1 agrees with me. Ds2 really wants to see it.
Gotta agree with you. The risk is certainly not worth the reward, IMHO.
He's an adult and perfectly capable of doing his own risk/reward analysis; as long as he is using factual data in his analysis and not that ridiculous 'inoculation = safe' nonsense.
Put to your DS this way: is that show worth dying for?
There have been multiple cases at local schools the last couple weeks. Today I got an email that the is a confirmed case at my kids’ school today. The school is closed for contact tracing tomorrow. I just hope I don’t hear from public health saying one of them is a close contact.
Thats really scarey. GD2 had a case in her class but she was tested negative. Actually all 10 kids tested negative except the infected one. The QC govt announced last week that all schools will now be equipped with rapid testing kids because of the outbreaks in classes.
Speaking of going to the movies, hubby and i want to see the new James Bond movie but dont know if we should. Im going to call the Cineplex in our area and find out what arrangements they are making.
Weve been having a discussion about the Booster shot. In QC right now its only being recommended for seniors in LTC's and those with compromised immune systems. Ive been reading up on the Pfizzer vaccine and apparently it looses some of its efficacy after six months. I have this feeling that the QC govt will be recommending a booster shot for everyone and we have been discussing if we should take it or not. If the QC govt recommends that we should take it then we probably will. But right now its a wait and see what happens situation.
We arent celebrating Thanksgiving this weekend; instead we will be celebrating the weekend after on the 16th for various reasons. DD and our SIL are Godparents to this 8 year old boy and DD is inviting the family for thanksgiving. Needless to say the boy and his sister are to young to be vaccinated. Im a bit worried about this but we will be wearing masks and keeping out distance.
I believe the Lancet report said that there were 50% fewer antibodies remaining after six months.
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...185-X/fulltext
More concerning might be Israel's report of Pfizer effectiveness vs. the Delta variant.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/23/delt...e-illness.html
Karmas a beatch!!
Per Sky News ...
"A Woman in Colorado has been refused a kidney transplant because she has not had the COVID-19 vaccine"
https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-unvaccinated-woman-denied-kidney-transplant-in-us-12427654?dcmp=snt-sf-twitter
"Leilani Lutali shared with US media a letter she received from the UCHealth Transplant Center near Denver, which stated she would be removed from the transplant list unless she begins the vaccine process within 30 days."
Was able to take my 89 year old Mum in for her 3rd dose this morning-eligibility just opened today.
And now in the Stupid Is As Stupid Does category …
A Texas man who, according to federal prosecutors, wrote on Facebook that he had paid someone infected with the coronavirus to lick groceries at a supermarket has been sentenced to 15 months in prison
[emoji23]
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/06/u...mid=tw-nytimes
In New Brunswick they’ve implemented a circuit breaker to try to lower cases… zones 1 (where I live) ,3, and 4 are in a single household bubble for 2 weeks. The rest of the zones are in a single household bubble for the thanksgiving long weekend. We have an arrangement with my mom that she buys our holiday meal foods, dh cooks them, her and my little sister (that lives with her) eat with us. With cases as bad as they are we were already planning to have our dinner here then pack up some food for her and my sister to eat at there place. I’m not sure if dh will walk it to them or if my sister will come pick it up.
Of course, it will never be two weeks. It takes a couple of weeks to even notice a change. So, it will be two weeks to notice a change, another two weeks to confirm a change, and then there 'might' be a change, but they will likely wait another 2 weeks (just to be certain). I would bet money that your 'circuit-breaker' won't end earlier than four-six weeks. (More probably six-eight weeks.)