User Tag List

Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
Like Tree2646Likes

Thread: Covid-19 situation

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    I was at Dairy Queen this afternoon. It was a very warm day here and there were lots of people there-including chikdren. People were, to some extent , observing physical distancing, but NOT ONE PERSON , except myself, was wearing a mask. If we have another spike in 2 weeks, I won't be surprised.
    Sadly, it's pretty easy to find people who use lowest common denominator thinking to justify their actions to themselves. Instead of taking the proverbial high or even the middle road, they tell themselves that what they're doing is okay because someone is doing worse.
    ROMEO, SnowFlakey and Linda Evans like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    The fact that it is becoming known that yes children are getting affected by this virus in a completely different way is very disquieting. There have been deaths linked to this new covid-19 symdrom in kids. How can it be safe to send kids to school. And yes, in my opinion, i think Premiere Legault and his team are probably opening schools as a first assault to reopening the economy: parents have to put their kids somewhere before they go back to work. But then why are high schools closed until September. Anyway, just my opinion.

Quebec was one of the first provinces to close things down so i dont understand why we are the hardest hit and it is becoming worse every day. One thing was is being said is all those Snowbirds were forced to return early and to self quarantine. Most respected the self quarantine, others didnt and it is being said that this is one of the reasons for the spread. Who know, eh.
    Yes. In children symptoms are different

Already, children have been sent home from QC schools due to COVID-19 symptoms.
    Adults and children can have the following symptoms:
    fever, cough, difficulty breathing, difficulty swallowing, loss of taste, loss of smell, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, runny nose and stuffy nose.

Children can have some additional symptoms:
    tired, listless, delirium, falls, chills, headache, croup, pink eye, pneumonia, fast heart rate, purple toes, purple fingers and all over body affects.

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/p...g_guidance.pdf
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I hope the hair salons will open soon. im starting to look like a shaggy dog! Im actually thinking of asking son to borrow his doggy clippers!
    Springfield Missouri opened hair salons etc. A Great Clips worker infected 40 people at the salon. The salon is closed. The same worker went to the gym. The gym asked screening questions. The worker did not answer truthfully. The gym was contacted by Missouri public health.
    SnowFlakey and Linda Evans like this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I now own 3 different kinds of masks: story of my life, 3 different kinds of masks. So this morning i went grocery shopping with my 3 different kinds of masks, hoping that one of them would do the trick. I know its hot and humid but geeze i came out of the local Metro soaking wet while wearing each mask in turn. My hair was soaked, my face felt like i just stepped out of the shower. I couldnt breathe and this is just the start of summer. I have been seeing some older people wearing face vizers; maybe that will help. If not i think i will be freezing my face masks with some ice chips or something. I just cant breathe with a mask. Does anyone have any suggestions.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

huh, yeah, masks are now a must-have in everybody's bag...
    ROMEO and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I now own 3 different kinds of masks: story of my life, 3 different kinds of masks. So this morning i went grocery shopping with my 3 different kinds of masks, hoping that one of them would do the trick. I know its hot and humid but geeze i came out of the local Metro soaking wet while wearing each mask in turn. My hair was soaked, my face felt like i just stepped out of the shower. I couldnt breathe and this is just the start of summer. I have been seeing some older people wearing face vizers; maybe that will help. If not i think i will be freezing my face masks with some ice chips or something. I just cant breathe with a mask. Does anyone have any suggestions.
    I suspect the best you can do is is try different masks until you find one you can live with.

Personally, I've only used disposables because we happened to have a few when the pandemic was declared. They're not great, but I've never felt they were bad enough to try other types; e.g. they've never caused me to sweat at all, never mind profusely. My main issue is that because part of my warm exhalations flow upward, my glasses can get fogged up. On days when this is bad, I sometimes take them off as the lesser of evils.
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Durham Region has joined the much of the GTA with requiring masks indoors in public spaces. Glad that they have done that. Masks aren't the most pleasant things to wear but if it helps cut down the chances of spreading the virus to vulnerable people I'm all for it. And to anyone who pipes up with it's "against my right to freedom" blah blah....you do have the freedom and right to keep your non-mask wearing self at home.
    ROMEO, GoJays, SnowFlakey and 1 others like this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

We always wear our masks when we go out anywhere. In the small town where i live, i would say about 75% of people wear masks, especially the 40+ people. I even see them with their kids wearing masks. Its a sign of respect for others and a protection themselves and others. I wish more people would realize that. Anyway, here in Quebec, Premier Legault govt is thinking about making the wearing of masks mandatory throughout Quebec. Right now it is only mandatory in some cities.
    GoJays likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

It baffles the mind doesn't it? Airlines INSIST every passenger MUST wear a mask while flying, but here's the " I'm special " Governor Ted Cruz of Texas on Sunday on a Commercial American Airlines flight showing of his magical super powers and ability to fight off any virus?
    Or maybe he is just being a big inconsiderate jerk!
    Name:  cruz no mask.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  52.3 KB
    heartgirl99, GoJays and SnowFlakey like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

OTOH it is hard to drink, take your medication or blow your nose with a mask on! At least there is nobody in the seat beside him.
    ROMEO and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    It baffles the mind doesn't it? Airlines INSIST every passenger MUST wear a mask while flying, but here's the " I'm special " Governor Ted Cruz of Texas on Sunday on a Commercial American Airlines flight showing of his magical super powers and ability to fight off any virus?
    Name:  cruz no mask.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  52.3 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    OTOH it is hard to drink, take your medication or blow your nose with a mask on! At least there is nobody in the seat beside him.
    It's no more than a small inconvenience to lower one's mask momentarily to sip a drink, blow one's nose, etc.; especially for someone who is in a position where he should be leading by example, and which he should be doing all the time, not just when it's easy and convenient.
    GoJays, walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I disagree-does not seem practical to take your mask down for every bite of food etc.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I believe Muskoka and Simcoe regions started today with requiring masks indoors in public spaces. Everyone has to remember that you cannot judge every single individual that does not have a mask on. There are people like myself that cannot wear one.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    I believe Muskoka and Simcoe regions started today with requiring masks indoors in public spaces. Everyone has to remember that you cannot judge every single individual that does not have a mask on. There are people like myself that cannot wear one.
    Good news for Simcoe and Muskoka. They are going to stage 3 on Friday
    https://news.ontario.ca/opo/en/2020/...n-stage-3.html

• Indoor gathering limits will increase to a maximum of 50 people;
    • Outdoor gathering limits will increase to a maximum of 100 people;
    • Gathering limits are subject to physical distancing requirements.
    • some gyms and fitness studios can open, with lots of restrictions

These places will still be in stage 2 on Friday:
    Durham region
    Haldimand region
    Hamilton
    Lampton
    Niagara
    Peel
    Toronto
    Windsor Essex
    York region
    walkonby, SnowFlakey and Thatdone like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    is that a multiple choice question?

A) he has superpowers
    B) he is a jerk
    GoJays, walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.

Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread Information