User Tag List

Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree2646Likes

Thread: Covid-19 situation

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    I disagree-does not seem practical to take your mask down for every bite of food etc.
    While you're entitled to your opinion, it seems like lowest common denominator thinking to suggest that lowering one's mask to sip a drink or blow one's nose is the same as lowering it to eat, which is something that did not come up before you brought it up. Cruz has a drink in the photo. Do you see a meal?
    SnowFlakey likes this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Here in Quebec, as of July 18th, everyone is required to wear a mask in public spaces, like supermarkets, etc. But as i understand it, and i dont agree with this, the owner/managers will be responsible to police the wearing of masks or they get fined. I just cant see a young girl or boy working part time asking peeps to put on their masks or they wont be allowed in.

|But i totally agree that we should all be wearing masks whenever we go out. Now, as far as i understand this concerning restaurants: you must wear a mask entering but after being seated you can take your mask off to eat. The minute you stand up to leave to go to the washroom, you must put your mask back on. I havent tested this yet because hubby refuses to go to a restaurant although my daughter has been and she said it worked ok. Restaurants in Quebec are at half capacity and tables are spaced at 6 feet apart.
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

T & T is a grocery store that made masks mandatory for employees on march 19, very early in this pandemic. They were one of the very first stores to make masks mandatory for customers on may 11.

this guy went off in a t&t store in mississauga last week. he was later identified and charged with causing a disturbance.
    i don't get it. just WEAR A MASK!!!! IT'S IN EVERYONE'S BEST INTEREST.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/2.9538/polic...tore-1.5652484

"Peel police have charged a Mississauga man following what they're calling a "hate crime incident" after he was allegedly caught on video hurling racist insults at grocery store employees when they asked him to wear a mask.

On Thursday, John McCash, 48, turned himself in at 11 Division, police say. He was charged with causing a disturbance."
    Last edited by heartgirl99; Fri, Jul 17th, 2020 at 07:23 AM.
    cath007 and SnowFlakey like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Masks became mandatory here today. I am not sure how it is going to go, I know a lot of people who are against masks and have said they are just going to say they have a medical condition and are exempt. I do not shop often anymore so we will see next time I go into a store.

I know personally at my work, we made masks mandatory before they by laws were brought in, we supply the mask if they do not have one. If someone chooses not to wear one we will process their order as a curb-side order.

At my Mom's work, they have found they need to have an older staff member at the door as yes it is hard when the younger staff work the door as there are struggles when the younger staff work the door.
    ROMEO, cath007 and SnowFlakey like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

This happened in Cottage Country in Ontario. Mask dispute lead to an alleged attack, 5 cars with damage and the person was shot by police

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...-siu-1.5650761
    walkonby, cath007 and SnowFlakey like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

some hand sanitizers have been recalled:

https://www.healthycanadians.gc.ca/r...73385a-eng.php

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

list of authorized products here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-cana...izer.html#tbl1

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

walkonby, cath007 and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Well, today the long-awaited (2 weeks) list of schools with COVID-19 infections has been released here in Quebec. Although this is welcome, what is missing is the number of infected people in each school. I havent looked at this list yet but i intend to this weekend. I would like to know if any of the schools my grandkids go to have infections.

speaking of schools, the grandkids started school this week to varying protocols. My youngest grandson has only 10 kids in his class (he was moved from an overcrowded school in one area to another undercrowded school in another area much closer to his home). He is being bused and there are only 4 people in his mini bus.

My oldest grandson (in another town) has 24 kids in his class divided into bubbles of 4.

My youngest granddaughter has switched to the English Secondary (high school) school system because it offers more opportunities. She gets picked up at 6:30 am and gets home at 5:30 PM. Makes it a long day. She has 26 kids in her class.

My middle granddaughter is going to the same school and has 15 kids in her class.

All the kids stay in the same classroom, even for lunch. Cafeteria service is provided but parents have to buy a lunch pass at a cost of between $60 and $100 dollars depending on how many meals they want their child to have. Meals will be delivered to the classroom. At recess they have to stay with their class or bubble. At all times they have to wear a mask when leaving their classrooms. Recess is staggered. Right now there is no gym, no extra curriculum activities, etc. No balls are allowed at recess. Handwashing is mandatory throughout the day.

there is so much more, i forgot most of it. Both of my kids are somewhat against sending their kids to school, but it is the law. Right now their attitude is a wait and see how it goes and see what the prov. govt. will do if the outbreaks become more and more.

The two boys will start hockey in a few weeks and it is completely different from before. They have tio come to the arena already dressed except for their skates. No parents are allowed in the dressing rooms, and only 1 parent is allowed at a game. Parents will be allowed to enter 5 minutes before the start of a game. The kids will be playing 3 on 3 hockey with a maximum of 9 players per team. Each boy has to have his own water bottle with his name on it. If you play elite hockey the rules are a bit different.

While i understand the need for kids to socialize, i cant help but worry what if. I dont dwell on what if but it is never far from my mind. Both my son and daughter have been tested for COVID-19 in the past couple of months because of peeps infected in their respective jobs. Both have tested negative which was a relief.

With the prov.govt. talking about a possible second wave, we have started stalking up on certain staples for winter (kleenex, rice, tinned soups and tuna fish, Quaker Oats, batteries, tylynol, riccola, etc). We will be doing what we did this spring when everything was on lockdown. Heres hoping it doesnt come to that.
    walkonby, cath007 and Shwa Girl like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@SnowFlakey your post brought me to worry-tears! I AM exactly a " what if " person....the worst in fact.
    Gosh, I hope and pray that every precaution they have taken works out to keep all of your g'kids free of contracting the virus.
    Same goes for their parents.

This photo is pretty much how I feel about all of this right now...take care!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    Well, today the long-awaited (2 weeks) list of schools with COVID-19 infections has been released here in Quebec. Although this is welcome, what is missing is the number of infected people in each school. I havent looked at this list yet but i intend to this weekend. I would like to know if any of the schools my grandkids go to have infections.
    @SnowFlakey, I think they don't list the number of infected so that the school is not looked down on in the future. Sorry to hear the list is out. Ontario is watching the other provinces, hoping to learn from them.
    My prediction: Ontario schools will open in September and close in November as the weather gets colder and no more outside learning. Then online for the rest of 2020. Spring 2021 will have COVID vaccine available for the general population, all ages. The 1918 flu outbreak lasted about 2 years. This one should be over Fall 2021, I think.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Sat, Sep 5th, 2020 at 06:15 PM.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

the prov.govt. issued a list of schools with at least 1 Covid-19 case. But they didnt specify how many at each school. One of the schools mentioned is the one that my grandson went to last year,.

https://cdn-contenu.quebec.ca/cdn-co...pdf?1599253965
    Giseledta and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    the prov.govt. issued a list of schools with at least 1 Covid-19 case. But they didnt specify how many at each school. One of the schools mentioned is the one that my grandson went to last year,.

https://cdn-contenu.quebec.ca/cdn-co...pdf?1599253965
    @SnowFlakey , yes, they won't say how many. All they need to know is that there was one. From that one, they know there are many others contacted. So they will use the class list, bus list, family/household numbers and adults in schools numbers to decide who needs to stay home for 14 days etc.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sometimes it seems to me that COVID is more of a policy. I don’t know, they talk about such numbers of sick people, but I haven’t heard from anyone that “I got sick” or “my friend got sick”. Maybe she was just lucky - I can't pretend to say. Whatever it was, but if the children switch to distance learning again, it will be horrible. Parents need to work. We really hope for vaccination. We are vaccinated against influenza annually and it works, for 8 years of vaccination we have never had the flu. We are waiting for salvation from the coronavirus. Just no matter how it mutates like the flu, otherwise you will have to get the vaccine every year.
    ROMEO, cath007 and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Well, parts of Quebec are in the RED Zone again and we are in lockdown. Be we live in the so-called Greater Montreal area (South shore) we are in the REd Zone. My kids and grandkids are farther from Montreal so they are not in the Red zone even though we are all in the Monteregie area of Quebec. Whick means hubby and i are not supposed to cross over into their zone and they shouldnt cross over into our zone. So i guess we can forget the b-days and Thanksgiving for a while; at least for the next 28 days (hopefully). It is what it is.
    cath007 likes this.

Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread Information