User Tag List

Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
Like Tree2646Likes

Thread: Covid-19 situation

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

https://youtu.be/_0eP-PgkVyo

This is such a touching 2020 commercial about a little boy waiting for a special someone at Christmas. Snowflakey, your Christmas planning made me think its sharable.
    ROMEO, SnowFlakey and Thatdone like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Predictions for Ontario of 6000+ cases daily by mid-December. But hey that's OK since we have new fancy coloured coded levels for Doug Ford's lies and stupidity. He is back to his old self and being the Canadian Trump. What an ASS!

Oh and thanks to all those in Toronto who still are not wearing masks on the TTC or the street. I hope your XMAS is E!
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

the ontario data hub has been updated.

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/data

another site which may be of interest:
    https://www.statcan.gc.ca/eng/covid19?HPA=1
    look at the
    Weekly adjusted number of deaths, expected number of deaths and estimates of excess mortality: Interactive Tool
    where you can drill down to the provincial levels.

this site gives excess mortality rates on a global level;
    https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid
    walkonby, SnowFlakey and crafter like this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

So so sad. Thinking ahead to next week, i have an appointment with the retinologist for my eye and hubby has as appointment at the ophtolmologist (spelling) also. Scares me even though both offices have precautions in place, but you never know.
    GatineauGirl likes this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Also what ive been hearing from Premiere Legault is that the Prov Govt in QC is thinking of closing the schools for approx. 4 weeks during the Christmas holidays; 14 days before and 14 days after. apparently the idea behind this is that 14 days quarantine before Christmas and then 14 days quarantine after Christmas, or something like that. Well not exactly quarantine but its a just in case situation. Anyway, no details were specified, just speculation right now.
    Last edited by SnowFlakey; Fri, Nov 13th, 2020 at 12:31 PM.
    ROMEO, walkonby and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    Also what ive been hearing from Premiere Legault is that the Prov Govt in QC is thinking of closing the schools for approx. 4 weeks during the Christmas holidays; 14 days before and 14 days after. apparently the idea behind this is that 14 days quarantine before Christmas and then 14 days quarantine after Christmas, or something like that. Well not exactly quarantine but its a just in case situation. Anyway, no details were specified, just speculation right now.
    Some schools and daycare centers have done better than I thought they would. The little ones who can't understand fully what is going on, have been so adaptable and so resilient! The little ones who happily embraced a different kind of Hallowe'en was good to see.

I really like the Swiss Chalet festive special commercial with the little girl. Some creative marketing people thought this all up
    Skippy, walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Montreal Gazette article talks about the possible closures but doesn't mention anything about distance learning. The kids don't have to be behind academically. They can quarantine before and after Christmas and keep up with their education. I would prefer to stay at work ( I work in a high school) with the kids but I would say that a few of the kids refuse to follow the rules. They go the wrong way, they remove their masks in public areas, they turn around while eating to talk to their friends. the majority of the kids try but they are kids and occasionally forget. Even the adults forget, we are all human. The stress that the teachers, staff and students have to deal with is overwhelming. Every positive case increases that stress for the parents as well. I've had nightmares of being at work an realizing I forgot to wear a mask.
    If the Government does close the schools for 14 days before and after, we can do distance learning for the days that were supposed to have classes, and I think that the idea of the reward for staying home so you can spend Christmas with family will only help with their mental health.
    ROMEO, SnowFlakey and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

dq14 thanks for weighing in about the school situation. i cant even begin to imagine the stress that teachers are going through. Kudos to you and your fellow educators for being there. Your profession is one of the true heros.
    dq14 and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

this is so sad and i'm sure there are cases in canada as well. there have been antimask demonstrations here but thankfully the media hasn't given them a lot of coverage.

just WEAR A MASK!!!

walkonby, SnowFlakey and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

SnowFlakey likes this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by heartgirl99 View Post
    just WEAR A MASK!!!
    IDK if you meant this literally, but it's not about JUST wearing a mask. I wish it were that simple, but it's not.

I know people who think that if they wear one, social distance and stay with the current gathering size limit for where they live, they are safe. Unfortunately, this isn't correct. Doing these things lowers but does not eliminate a person's level of risk.

What's worse, quite a few of these people, believing incorrectly that they're safe if they do these things, aren't as self-disciplined as they could be with respect to reducing how often they go into public spaces where they can be exposed even with a mask on and never being within 2 meters of anyone else.

In practice, we can't be completely safe. What we can do is lower our overall risk as much as possible by wearing a mask, social distancing, avoiding unnecessary gatherings of any size, and going into public places as infrequently as we can handle.
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    IDK if you meant this literally, but it's not about JUST wearing a mask. I wish it were that simple, but it's not.
    Hi Arjon,
    that comment was directed to those who claim that wearing a mask is ineffective or an incursion onto their personal rights or some other nonsense. i find it frustrating that there are people who don't take this virus seriously and continue to behave inconsiderately and dangerously encourage others to follow them.

in the past week from nov 10 - 17, in ontario the number of icu cases have increased from 84 to 127. truly and alarming rate. we are obviously not doing enough. ref: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/data#hospitalizations

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    So so sad. Thinking ahead to next week, i have an appointment with the retinologist for my eye and hubby has as appointment at the ophtolmologist (spelling) also. Scares me even though both offices have precautions in place, but you never know.
    I hear you!....We have to get our medical appointments done, but it's so scary, at the same time. I hope you and your husband leave feeling safe.
    ROMEO and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

This afternoon Premiere Legault outlined the restrictions for school and Christmas. Gatherings will be allowed at Christmas from the 24-27 of 10 people. Some restrictions are in place for this: If it can be helped, the people should quarantine 1 week before the gathering and 1 week after. Kinda hard if you have to go to work and on that note, Prem. Legault is asking employers to be understanding and maybe close for that period. But not always possible.

Primary schools will close on the 17 of Dec and secondary schools the week after. Primary schools will reopen on Jan 5th and secondary schools on Jan 11. He stressed that this is not a holiday and kids will have homework during this period.

Prem. Legault stressed the fact that people have a need to see their loved ones during the holidays but that they should also take all the precautions to be safe. All New Years festivities are cancelled.

thats it in a nutshell for us Quebecers. So whats happening in your areas for the Holidays.
    JadeAngel and GatineauGirl like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was at one of my Loblaws owned stores this week. When I got there, all the buggies had not been disinfected and when I asked management why, they said it is because it is almost winter and they cannot do it, so it is now the customers responsibility. There was nothing provided to disinfect my cart on my own. I didnt even know that they had stopped disinfecting until after I had done my shopping because there was not even sign postings that informed me of this. It was not until I spoke with a manager and gave a piece of my mind about other Covid related issues that I knew this.

Was at Costco yesterday, they had staff outside cleaning carts.

So if Costco can do this, why is Loblaws not doing it? Also to note, there have been at least 3 employees at Loblaws affiliated stores in my general area that have tested positive for Covid.

Is it just me, or is this a no-brainer here on what is probably a key factor in the increase in transmission rates?

Guess we all need to bring sanitization supplies and wear gloves when we go out to do our groceries. Then disinfect everything we purchase when we get home since we have no idea who has touched something and put it back on the shelf before we bought it.

Hopefully the government does something about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread Information