User Tag List

Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree2646Likes

Thread: Covid-19 situation

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

yup..nothing has changed. we may as well have an 8pm curfew b/c theres NO REASON to go anywhere anyway!

i agree that lockdown SHOULD have begun xmas day. ive noticed in some grocery stores people are getting more comfortable & standing closer .....

its gonna be a long winter.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

We sent our kids back to school on Monday, after keeping them home an extra week. Ds2’s teacher said a few other kids were out the week as well and we were the only parents who bothered to send a note. There have been more cases popping up in several schools throughout NB including a few in our zone. Thankfully none in our kids school yet but I’m constantly feeling stressed as more local school cases pop up.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Evans View Post
    yup..nothing has changed. we may as well have an 8pm curfew b/c theres NO REASON to go anywhere anyway!

i agree that lockdown SHOULD have begun xmas day. ive noticed in some grocery stores people are getting more comfortable & standing closer .....

its gonna be a long winter.
    Yup, I'm not supposed to go check on my cottage, where I wont see a sole for miles around, but I can go to Walmart and see the city there!
    Join Swagbucks for free amazon gift cards! $500 earned so far!!

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I went to do some grocery shopping this morning around 9 AM and i was surprised to see the parking lot with only a few cars. There werent many people in the store and everyone was keeping their distance. But i do have a pet peeve. You can all in for your groceries and a store clerk goes around and shops for you. All the stores have arrows in the aisles and we are told to follow the arrows. But i think the store clerk shoppers are directionally challenged because they dont seem to follow the arrows. Just an observation.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by princessjen View Post
    Yup, I'm not supposed to go check on my cottage, where I wont see a sole for miles around, but I can go to Walmart and see the city there!
    To be fair, the underlying idea is sound enough, that people shouldn't travel far from home since doing so greatly increases the geographical area where, if they happen to be carrying the virus, they can transmit it. Of course it's NP if you just go to your cottage and never come close to anyone, but how would it be possible to check and enforce that everyone who says this is telling the truth?
    SnowFlakey and crafter like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Evans View Post
    ive noticed in some grocery stores people are getting more comfortable & standing closer .....
    Buy a new t-shirt that says, "If you can smell my fart, you're too close."
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

These new restricgtions on what is necessary to be sold in a store is confusing. You can go to the grocery store and buy air freshner but you cant buy it at a pharmacy. Hubby was told if he wants the air freshner (Air Wick) to order it and it will be delivered to the house but he couldnt buy it at the pharmacy. Go figure.
    princessjen and crafter like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    These new restricgtions on what is necessary to be sold in a store is confusing. You can go to the grocery store and buy air freshner but you cant buy it at a pharmacy. Hubby was told if he wants the air freshner (Air Wick) to order it and it will be delivered to the house but he couldnt buy it at the pharmacy. Go figure.
    Was the govt. not clear, or did one of the stores get the rules wrong, or are there different rules for different types of stores?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In what universe, never mind which grocery/pharmacy store, is air freshener considered an essential item?!

If the flatulance in your household rises to the level necessitating immediate relief via air freshener, maybe an immediate change of dietary habit is more essential and appropriate.
    princessjen and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    In what universe, never mind which grocery/pharmacy store, is air freshener considered an essential item?!

If the flatulance in your household rises to the level necessitating immediate relief via air freshener, maybe an immediate change of dietary habit is more essential and appropriate.
    lol!! The degree of flatulance in our house is over and above the accepted limit of pollution. therefore air freshner is a necessary item.

Actually i burnt some scented candles. I dont like doing this because the cats are curious and im scared they will get to close to the flame.
    Last edited by SnowFlakey; Sun, Jan 17th, 2021 at 11:51 AM.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

In NB we had 36 new cases... 24 of those were in zone 4 that is moving to red at midnight. Zone 1 (the zone I live in) had 5 new cases. They said zones 1, 2, and 3 are on the cusp of moving to red but they will decide in a few days...
    I’m really mad that they announced they will NOT be closing school in the red phase. They were originally saying that schools would close in the red phase and they would implement elearning.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Someone (not me) started a petition to close schools in the red phase. https://www.change.org/p/mr-dominic-...6273-en-ca%3A2
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

lol!! The degree of flatulance in our house is over and above the accepted limit of pollution. therefore air freshner is a necessary item.

Actually i burnt some scented candles. I dont like doing this because the cats are curious and im scared they will get to close to the flame.
    You have open flames in your house!?

I predict sirens and strong men wearing turnouts and helmets in your future.
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Finally got my air freshner at the grocery store but the cheaper stuff (glade, air wick) wasnt on the shelves. I had to get Febreeze. Dont know the difference.

It seems like the Christmas Lockdown has been working here in Quebec because there have been several days below the 2,000 infected count. Hope it keeps up. Lockdowns do work.
    Thatdone likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

The main reason I stopped using my wood burning fire was one of the cats would get mesmerised by the flames and sit so close to the door, he once burnt his nose. And I was worried he'd do that again.
    Oh and I hated cleaning the damn thing.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information