User Tag List

Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree2646Likes

Thread: Covid-19 situation

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    It seems like the Christmas Lockdown has been working here in Quebec because there have been several days below the 2,000 infected count. Hope it keeps up. Lockdowns do work.
    We have some idiots here who are talking about flouting the curfew.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    The main reason I stopped using my wood burning fire was one of the cats would get mesmerised by the flames and sit so close to the door, he once burnt his nose. And I was worried he'd do that again.
    Oh and I hated cleaning the damn thing.
    I'm sure the poor thing put up quite a fight. Just imagine burning your nose and someone comes along trying to rub it!
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    I'm sure the poor thing put up quite a fight. Just imagine burning your nose and someone comes along trying to rub it!
    Pourrais-tu m'expliquer en Anglais ou en Français ce que tu as dit? Tu peux choisir laquelle qui de convient le mieux.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Premiere Legault had one of his tele conferences yesterday. Nothing much to say except that the lockdown and curfew seem to be working because the number of infected had gone down although the the number of deaths is still quite high. He did mention that lockdown and curfew would continue until at least Feb 8th and then it would be re-evaluated.

Spring Break for students in Quebec is the end of Feb the beginning of March. So the big discussion now is about allowing people to vacation out of Canada, mainly cuba or Florida. The majority of people want the govt to stop people travelling south for vacation. There are several things to consider: 1) if peeps go away for 1 week then come back, they will have to quarantine for 14 days which means kids would miss 3 weeks of school; 2) will they have to quarantine 14 days over there, plus 1 week vacationing plus 14 days quarantine on their return. Would kids have to miss 5 weeks of school. Anyway. Premiere Legault is calling for PM Trudeau to do something about that, since airports are a Federal jurisdiction.

In Ontario and some other provinces, parents have a choice whether kids do on-line learning or in school learning. In Quebec, you have to go to school. Or under extremely special circumstances you can do on-line learning. So some parents in Que have started a petition to allow parents to have a choice.

And thats about it here for now.
    walkonby likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In Ontario and some other provinces, parents have a choice whether kids do on-line learning or in school learning. In Quebec, you have to go to school. Or under extremely special circumstances you can do on-line learning. So some parents in Que have started a petition to allow parents to have a choice.
    Does Quebec not have a home-school option?
    SnowFlakey likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

It does. I know several people who do or how have home schooled.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

They put zones 1,2, and 3 at red today and we kept the kids home from school for the day so we could have time to discuss our options since they made the announcement yesterday afternoon. (Zone 4 was already made red a couple days ago as I previously posted.) the kids will be going back to school tomorrow which honestly is very stressful to me but their education is important and homeschooling on my own isn’t an option. (Ds1 is on a modified plan that we had to wait years and jump thought too many hoops to give up on to homeschool for a year. If he’s elearning thought the school district he won’t lose his modified plan but if I homeschool him he’ll have to be put back on the wait list to get another modified plan when he’s reinrolled at school.)
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Does Quebec not have a home-school option?
    If you have an exemption, you can be home schooled by teachers provided by the school board. If you do not have an exemption you have to go to school or your parents will be responsible for your education.
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Quebec doesnt really have an option for home schooling. You can apply for an exemption but then you are responsible for the childs education.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Prem. Legault stated that next week some regions of Que will have some restrictions lifted. I strong doubt that the Greater Montreal area will be one of those regions. But the Covid-19 infections are going down so the lockdown and curfew seems to be working.

On another note, i can understand how worried people can be when their loved ones are rushed to the hospital with Covid symptoms. Last week, our daughter was rushed from the covid testing site to emergency at the hospital by ambulance. No one would give us any information about what was wrong with her. We all thought the worst. I finally got some information the next day when she was transferred to ICU and a kindly nurse told me she was stable. The frustration and helplessness was overwhelming.

The doctors and nurses in ICU at Hopital Haut Richelieu in St Jean Sur Richelieu were wonderful, compassionate and very very professional in their treatment of her. She had 3 Covid-19 tests and all three were negative. She had a bacterial blood infection and was going into sceptic shock when she was rushed to the hospital. And tomorrow, exactly 7 days when she was rushed to emergency, she is being released. The level of professional care that she received is fantastic. These nurses and doctors are heros, even those who dont work with covid patients. They continue to give care amidst the worries of catching covid. The reality of this has hit home in a dramatic way. Please please dont take your family for granted because you never know what can happen tomorrow.

This is my second experience with ICU at Hopital Haut Richelieu. My husband spent 4 months in a medically induced coma 13 years ago and he would eventually spend 11 months in the hospital. Fully recovered now.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Prem. Legault stated that next week some regions of Que will have some restrictions lifted. I strong doubt that the Greater Montreal area will be one of those regions. But the Covid-19 infections are going down so the lockdown and curfew seems to be working.

On another note, i can understand how worried people can be when their loved ones are rushed to the hospital with Covid symptoms. Last week, our daughter was rushed from the covid testing site to emergency at the hospital by ambulance. No one would give us any information about what was wrong with her. We all thought the worst. I finally got some information the next day when she was transferred to ICU and a kindly nurse told me she was stable. The frustration and helplessness was overwhelming.

The doctors and nurses in ICU at Hopital Haut Richelieu in St Jean Sur Richelieu were wonderful, compassionate and very very professional in their treatment of her. She had 3 Covid-19 tests and all three were negative. She had a bacterial blood infection and was going into sceptic shock when she was rushed to the hospital. And tomorrow, exactly 7 days when she was rushed to emergency, she is being released. The level of professional care that she received is fantastic. These nurses and doctors are heros, even those who dont work with covid patients. They continue to give care amidst the worries of catching covid. The reality of this has hit home in a dramatic way. Please please dont take your family for granted because you never know what can happen tomorrow.

This is my second experience with ICU at Hopital Haut Richelieu. My husband spent 4 months in a medically induced coma 13 years ago and he would eventually spend 11 months in the hospital. Fully recovered now.
    Oh my goodness...you have a lot on your plate! Sending you a warm virtual hug....may everything work out for you and your family.
    princessjen and SnowFlakey like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm so glad they noticed quickly! Was it one of those fortunate circumstances that she happened to be getting tested and this was noticed? To not be there with her must have been heart-breaking; I'm so glad to hear she's on the mend and coming home.

I'm glad you've (the collective you & your family) gotten good care.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

pm-d you
    SnowFlakey likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Prem. Legault has a conference scheduled for 5 PM today to announce what he will be doing; if restrictions will be lifted in certain areas; if some businesses will be allowed to reopen; if the curfew will be lifted or left in place for a while longer, etc.

The restrictions and curfew seem to be working because yesterday Quebec posted less than 1000 infected. With the exception of a few idiots, the majority of people are obeying the laws. For those who are, thank you very very much because you are doing what it takes to keep you family, friends and acquaintances safe!

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Well as to be expected, the Greater Montreal area is still in the Red Zone, meaning we are still until the 8PM curfew. But on the bright side, stores and hair salons, and museums are reopening in the Red Zones. Approximately 90% of quebec is in the Red Zone. The other 10% is in the Orange Zone and the reopenings are greater and curfew is at 9:30PM. Spring break is stil on for the end of Feb begining of March. And peeps are urged to stay within their own zones and definitely not to travel to sunny destinations. But human nature being what it is, peeps will probably not listen.
    walkonby likes this.

Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information