User Tag List

Page 14 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree2646Likes

Thread: Covid-19 situation

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@SnowFlakey I read this article and have a whole new admiration for the residents of Australia.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/31/w...-lockdown.html

They are winning against covid because people actually follow their lock down rules.
    Skippy, princessjen and SnowFlakey like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @SnowFlakey I read this article and have a whole new admiration for the residents of Australia.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/31/w...-lockdown.html

They are winning against covid because people actually follow their lock down rules.
    Australia is suffering less than most developed nations for a number of reasons. One is that international travel is far more restricted. Another is that authorities there have generally been willing to take stronger, quicker actions than their counterparts here in Canada in terms of both regulations and enforcement / punishment.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

New Brunswick has zone 4 in lockdown, zone 1 (where I live) in red, zones 2,3,5,6, and 7 in orange. They said a while back that there will not be any yellow until enough people are vaccinated which will be quite a while since there are delivery delays from the vaccine companies and Atlantic Canada is apparently very low priority compared to the rest of Canada. They announced the other day that zones 2 and 3 (?) have cases of the more contagious UK variant but still won’t be closing schools.
    walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

this is rather worrisome

New coronavirus variants seem to be cropping up everywhere. There's one from the U.K., which is more contagious and already circulating in the United States. There's one from South Africa, which is forcing Moderna and Pfizer to reformulate their COVID-19 vaccines and create "booster" shots, just to make sure the vaccines maintain their efficacies.
    But for some scientists, the most worrying variant might be the newest one. A variant called P.1, which emerged in early December in Manaus, Brazil, and by mid-January had already caused a massive resurgence in cases across the city of 2 million people.
    On Monday, officials detected the first confirmed case of P.1 in the U.S., specifically in Minnesota. The state Department of Health picked up the case by randomly sequencing 50 nasal swabs from positive patients each week. The person infected with P.1. had previously traveled to Brazil.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...nt-from-brazil
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

First case of P.1 Brazilian variant found in Canada.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/toronto-r...azil-1.5299345
    SnowFlakey likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

In NB zone 4 is moving from lockdown to red at midnight. Zone 1 (where I live) is moving from red to orange at midnight. Zones 2,3,5,6, and 7 are still orange as yellow doesn’t exist until enough people get vaccinated.
    Last edited by francine1985; Mon, Feb 8th, 2021 at 08:14 PM.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

In Quebec, we are still under curfew: 8PM for Red Zones and 9:30PM for Orange Zones. the people in the Orange Zones are worried that people from Red Zones will go there. Not to worry about us, we dont live anywhere near Orange Zones and are not about to drive 5 hours just to sit in a restaurant!

Prem Legault had another tele conference yesterday and stated that spring break at the end of Feb is still a go but reiterated not to travel outside your zones or down south. Anyway most Canadian airlines have cancelled all trips down south. If peeps should go with American airlines, they will have to quarantine for 2 days in govt hotels at a cost of approx $2,000. And the Brazilian varient has been found in Quebec in the Abitibi region, thats up north.

Canada top doc says the Premiers should be prepared to shut down at a moments notice if the varients begin spreading fast because they are more contageous.

Its winter and cold, so we dont feel the need to go out excent for groceries and a coffee run to warm up the car. Hubby and i are both in good spirits.
    Skippy, crafter and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

All 3 variants have been found in Ontario and some Health Experts are predicting Ontario will be back in Lockdown in April.

Health Officials are saying we came out of Lockdown too soon where is Mayors and Councillors are pushing the Government to allow them into lower restriction colours. One area that should be going into the Grey (Lockdown) are asking Ford to make an exception and put them in the Red Zone instead and give them time to lower their numbers. This areas has also had a breakout of the UK Variant which is what has pushed them from Red to Grey Zone.

My area is going into the Grey, I do not see this changing. Although I am struggling to see what the difference is between Grey & Stay-At-Home other than they are not saying we are asking everyone to Stay-At-Home? But recently I heard that possibly by the time we move to Grey (the end of the month) they are hoping Ford changes to Grey restrictions and will allow more business like restaurants and gyms to open even though we are in the Grey. Also a local Mayor has hinting that even the Grey stores will be able to reopen but by appointment only.

I am going to stick to my currently plan and only leave me house when I need to, to grocery shop. We will continue with our once a month big hauls and then every 2 to 3 weeks a smaller shop to get fresh stuff.
    SnowFlakey, alex78 and crafter like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Seems like Quebec is comtemplating putting in road blocks on Quebec/Ontario borders and Quebec/New Brunswick borders to stop peeps from going during spring break which is coming up. Other than that nothing much to report here.

I heard talk of a third wave coming soon after spring break, which for most provinces is sometime in March.
    francine1985 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

In New Brunswick a few days ago (shortly after my last update) there was a 4th UK variant reported in zone 1 (where I live) but it was travel related and the person was supposedly already self isolating so hopefully it won’t get a chance to spread around. Sending the kids to school is even more stressful these days even though our numbers have gone down and we’ve moved back from red to orange earlier this week. This new variant is not only more contagious but is apparently more likely to infect kids as well but they still won’t close schools. I can’t wait until March break so I can stay in the house for a full week. (That sounds really weird but leaving the house gives me anxiety so I only do school runs now. Dh does all the grocery shopping.)
    SnowFlakey and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Yesterday i heard that the peeps in the Eastern Townships dont want peeps from the Montreal area going their for skiing or snowboarding (Mont bromont, Mont Sutton, Mont Orford). Although they are also in the Red Zone, they dont have any variant cases as of yesterday and want to keep it that way. Spring break here is the first week of March this year.
    francine1985 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    Yesterday i heard that the peeps in the Eastern Townships dont want peeps from the Montreal area going their for skiing or snowboarding (Mont bromont, Mont Sutton, Mont Orford). Although they are also in the Red Zone, they dont have any variant cases as of yesterday and want to keep it that way. Spring break here is the first week of March this year.
    we have some ski resort somewhere around here. I think it might be in zone 2 but I don’t know. (I’ve never been there because my mom never let us go on school ski trips. She’s an RN and has seen too many sports injuries I guess lol.) anyway apparently they are currently only open for residents who live in that zone. If you buy a ski pass they’ll ID you and won’t let you go and won’t give you a refund either if your address is outside of the zone. (Or at least that what someone claimed on a Facebook rant.)
    SnowFlakey and SassyAshley like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

We got a whole load of entitled idiots out of Morryall one weekend over the summer. They had to call in the SQ from the nearby towns as well as the RMCP. Double parking, on blind corners. Using people's gardens close to beauty spots as toilets and duck-spaces.

I don't blame les cantons for wanting none of that .
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Tue, Feb 16th, 2021 at 11:25 PM.
    princessjen and SnowFlakey like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Darth Penguin, i dont blame them either! Some people dont know how to behave. One thing i did miss last fall was going to the Brome Fair. Its been a family tradition from way back. Maybe this year.

Anyway, Prem Legault has his tele-conference yesterday afternoon, announcing some easing of restrictions for the Hull-Gatineau area; they are not in orange zone. The rest of us stay the same. Curfew is still in place. Although restrictions for Spring Break have been eased a bit. Cinemas will reopen for the kids, outdoor sports like skating, skiing, etc of not more than 8 family members. Indoor sports like swimming amd skating with 4 family members, must be mased and distanced. No house visiting, parties, get-togethers.

No grandparents babysitting during spring break. Govt asking employers to give their employees a break if they have to stay home to look after kids. Fat chance of that!

Travelling outside your area is not restricted but strongly not recommended. Police will be around to survey. No roadblocks.

More decisions will be taken after spring break.

Im thinking this is a bad idea. Do you really really think peeps will follow these rules. I dont.
    Darth Penguin likes this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Im thinking this is a bad idea. Do you really really think peeps will follow these rules. I dont.
    It's a bad idea for a combination of too many reasons to list here so I'll only state a few. One - but just one - is that some people won't follow the rules. Another is that even though most people will follow them, doing so isn't safe. It's less risky, but that's not the same as safe. A third is that the rules were basically formulated before the new, more contagious variants were much less prominent. A fourth is that in many areas, maybe even most, the current case numbers are at least as high as they ever were last March-April.

Page 14 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information