User Tag List

Page 20 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree2646Likes

Thread: Covid-19 situation

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

The people in my building are all getting our 2nd shots of Pfizer tomorrow. We are considered a segregated senior community. Our whole building are seniors although we have independent apartments. The Health Department comes to us which is great as some people here could never make it to a clinic.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

The quick and vast spread of the Variants are quite telling.
    they are a clear marker of just how much people are coming in contact with people beyond their bubbles.

Are people even doing a 10 person bubble anymore??
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I find most people "do not care anymore" and "I am going to live my life, enough is enough"

Sadly it is people who are trying to be safe who are getting sick.

I am in hiding, the only time I leave my house is if I have to go into work and even though it has to be 1 week between branches to be safe and to grocery shop. Think it is time for another large stock up and then try to stay out of the stores as the numbers continue to rise.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Prem Legault is having another tv conference tomorrow at 5PM. rumour has it that some of the Orange zones are going back to the Red Zones as the variant spreads! Also something about the high schools which have completely reopened today. I also heard that one of the vaccines is being suspended, but we will know more tomorrow. Probably more lockdowns coming. So im going to be glued to the tv tomorrow at 5PM.
    princessjen and cath007 like this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

So the press conference was at 1PM today. Quebec is officially into the 3rd wave. So, what does that mean for us. Well as it happens, not much. The Greater Montreal area ( Red Zone) is stable with its infections. But 5 regions of Quebec, which are in the orange zones, are having substantially more infections than before, especially the Gatineau area (which is across the river from Ottawa). Right now these regions are being watched but nothing changes. Prem Legault said that is subject to change in the next few days.

With Easter around the corner, Prem Legault said that it strictly forbidden for people to gather in each others houses. I dont know about outdoors but he also stated that the Police will be strongly enforcing this rule. He also stated that problem is the younger population that think they are immune and are spreading the virus.

Also Gyms have been open here since Monday and already 43 infections have been reported! What is it with people. Dont they sanitize. Secondary 3-4-5 classes will be full time in school. No changes there and no changes to the curfew although Prem Legault said that late curfew does not mean peeps can gather with friends at their houses.

Oh well, i guess we do another drive-by again this year delivering Easter goodies. Such is life! Im getting so used to this that it doesnt even bother me anymore. At least, not like it did last year. I follow all the safety guidelines and im getting vaccinated on Apr 2nd. Yay!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

The new is reporting Covid-19 is out of control in Ontario yet the government does not want to accept we have entered the third wave, instead there is talk of furthering loosening restrictions in Grey & Red areas. Are these areas not in the Grey or Red because there numbers are high and we need to get the numbers down?

Honestly I find it super frustrating and honestly just sad and upsetting.

I do not want to know what Easter will bring, I have a heard a number of people say they are not giving up a second Easter and will be spending it with their family no matter what the restrictions are. Maybe in other areas of Ontario but not in my area do they seem to be enforcing the rules in private residences, instead there is a lot warnings and "education" still happening. We are a year in, I think we are past educating.

Also heard from one person who had an appointment to get the vaccine they have now decided not to because even with the vaccine they would still need to wear a mask and socially distance. They are now saying they do not want a vaccine, they want a cure and until the come up a vaccine that will cure the virus they will pass.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Also heard from one person who had an appointment to get the vaccine they have now decided not to because even with the vaccine they would still need to wear a mask and socially distance. They are now saying they do not want a vaccine, they want a cure and until the come up a vaccine that will cure the virus they will pass.
    That person has no sense. There will never be a cure. Just like there is no cure for the flu. If they do not want the vaccine then THEY are part of the problem, I cannot believe how stupid people can be!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ontario is a s h i t e show. They are allowing spring break to go on. So watch for a huge uptick after that. So to be honest I have our haircuts booked on April 12 and after that they can shut down again. I just hope to squeeze it in. If no, then I will survive. But it is people like @SassyAshley mentioned that continue to be the big problem in this province. Our summer will be a lockdown, but by then my wife will have had her two jabs and I will had had one. I just cannot believe the stupidity of people. It is shocking!
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Tue, Mar 30th, 2021 at 04:22 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This 'holier than thou' / accusatory behaviour really needs to stop. As long as the person refusing vaccination is an adult capable of making their own informed decision, then we need to show respect for it. Everyone seems to think, "They don't do what I would do, that makes them stupid."

Others could come into this forum and do the same and accuse those who might buy a TV, shop for yarn, go for haircuts, visit the library, or shop for groceries more than once a week as 'stupid'. We need to understand and accept that others arrive at their own decisions and, hopefully, are fully aware of the consequences for those decisions.

I am also someone who is reluctant to take the vaccine, for similar reasons, because it would not make me any less contagious. That means I would be just as deadly to my family, whether or not I am innoculated. There has been one vaccine study that claims that the innoculated may be 1/3 less transmissable than someone who does not take the vaccine. I do not remember which vaccine it was.

For this reason, I will probably take the vaccine when it is offered (as long as this lowered transmissibility is still apparent.)
    Last edited by HermanH; Tue, Mar 30th, 2021 at 05:29 PM.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    This 'holier than thou' / accusatory behaviour really needs to stop. As long as the person refusing vaccination is an adult capable of making their own informed decision, then we need to show respect for it. Everyone seems to think, "They don't do what I would do, that makes them stupid."

Others could come into this forum and do the same and accuse those who might buy a TV, shop for yarn, go for haircuts, visit the library, or shop for groceries more than once a week as 'stupid'. We need to understand and accept that others arrive at their own decisions and, hopefully, are fully aware of the consequences for those decisions.
    When that person is saying garbage like a cure for COVID they have to be called out. It is stupid. If they simply said they did not feel comfortable taking the vaccine then fine. But to say they do not want to take the vaccine because they do not want to social distance and wear a mask after then that is garbage. Plain and simple. You do not like what I said. Fine. But I will continue to say what I believe and you have the right to do the same.

And if you read my reply it was not accusing anyone on this board.

As for the holier than thou comment. That deserves no comment in reply
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Tue, Mar 30th, 2021 at 05:46 PM.
    anisa, cath007, SnowFlakey and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I stand corrected, Ford announced today "Folks, be prepared. Don't make plans for Easter" and is now saying he will lock things down again.

I am sorry but I will say it, my issue is Ontario is not taking a strong enough stand. I applaud Quebec for saying these are the rules and enforcing them.

Honestly my concern is keeping my family safe. I have family members who would be considered high risk and my biggest concern is keeping them safe.

Like Snowflakey said we have become accustomed to the restrictions, we were not preparing to have Easter we are remaining in our household bubbles, it is what it is.
    anisa, cath007, SnowFlakey and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Thank you @SassyAshley . Someone waiting for a cure, you say? I hope they realize that the new flu shots each year is because we don't have a cure for the flu. So how can they expect a cure for novel coronavirus bug?

On a positive note, that person who gave up their vaccine appointment-- well, they made room for someone else to get their immunization. I kinda want to thank them for their sacrifice.
    anisa, walkonby, cath007 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

The Narcissists can stay at the end of the line if they don't want the vaccine.

They can stay a good 10 ft the heck away from me too.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The supercilious can rush the queue all they like. Guinea pigs are always welcome, as long as they stay 20m away from me.
    Last edited by HermanH; Tue, Mar 30th, 2021 at 11:45 PM.
    GoJays, cath007 and SnowFlakey like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    Ontario is a s h i t e show. They are allowing spring break to go on. So watch for a huge uptick after that. So to be honest I have our haircuts booked on April 12 and after that they can shut down again. I just hope to squeeze it in. If no, then I will survive. But it is people like @SassyAshley mentioned that continue to be the big problem in this province. Our summer will be a lockdown, but by then my wife will have had her two jabs and I will had had one. I just cannot believe the stupidity of people. It is shocking!
    I hope you get your haircut done before anything else gets locked down again. If not though, I will start a GoFundMe for a Flowbee hair cutting system for you. I'm pretty sure fellow SCers can make that happen.
    cath007 and GoodBoy like this.

Page 20 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information