User Tag List

Page 21 of 60 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree2646Likes

Thread: Covid-19 situation

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by alex78 View Post
    I hope you get your haircut done before anything else gets locked down again. If not though, I will start a GoFundMe for a Flowbee hair cutting system for you. I'm pretty sure fellow SCers can make that happen.
    Jab and a haircut ... 2-bits!

Last edited by GoodBoy; Wed, Mar 31st, 2021 at 07:56 AM.
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am praying and hoping with the big heart surgery he had that my dad will get the vaccinevery soon..he is 72 years old.He will talk about that fact to his doctor today at least.
    anisa, SassyAshley and GoodBoy like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Well, this morning i heard on the news that Que health officials are discussing making masks mandatory in places of business. While discussing this with my daughter this morning, she told me she has been wearing a mask at work since she started back after being hospitalized with a bacterial blood infection. She said since the docs couldnt tell her where she caught this infection, she wears a mask at work now to protect herself. So for her it wouldnt make much of a difference. Actually, i hope this becomes law. People need to protect themselves no matter what.

I also heard on the news this morning that starting sometime in April, the Quebec Covid vaccine registration site will have an option to not receive the AstraZenica vaccine. This means that if you dont want to receive the AstraZenica vaccine, you will be directed to vaccination sites that dont provide this vaccine. I think its a great idea. I wouldnt feel safe getting the Astra vaccine.

To all the naysayers about vaccines, let me just say that if everyone gets vaccinated the chances of getting infected are totally reduced. Yes i am getting vaccinated on Apr 2nd and i will continue to wear a mask, social distance and to all the other precautionary things as advised by Health Canada. My changes of getting infected will be reduced but if i do get infected then the result will not be as severe. Its like peeps getting the flu vaccine, you can still get it but it wont be as bad. I dont think a cure will ever be found for Covid but i do think it can be contained and infections wont be as severe as without a vaccine. I respect peeps opinions but i think they should get more informed about this vaccine. And thats my take on the whole situation.
    Last edited by SnowFlakey; Wed, Mar 31st, 2021 at 10:42 AM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Premier minister legault will do another conference de presse today and will maybe inforce some measure like the curfew in certains regions will shall see

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Heading to UHN shortly to have wife’s first Pfizer jab. Extremely pleased about this.
    Giseledta, anisa, cath007 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Dad took an appoitement with internet portal his first shot will be april 22!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    To all the naysayers about vaccines, let me just say that if everyone gets vaccinated the chances of getting infected are totally reduced.
    I do not believe this is correct. Those vaccinated can expect reduced serious outcomes such as hospitalization or death, but there is no evidence that they are are any less susceptible to contracting the virus.
    walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    Heading to UHN shortly to have wife’s first Pfizer jab. Extremely pleased about this.
    ... and back home. Very efficient operation. Moving people through very quickly and a lot of people getting it done. Well done UHN. Now just open up Phase 2 tomorrow or open it up to 60+ for Pfizer and awaaaaay we go!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Prem minister legault announced that 4 city in the Quebec will return to red zone they where in orange before.I am not touched by this
    anisa, SnowFlakey and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Anthony Dale @anthony DaleOHA
    Normal 0%
    430 patients with COVID related critical illness now in ICU on a total census of 1,821. 43 new admissions yesterday. This is the new highest number of COVID patients in critical care in this pandemic. #onhealth #onpoli

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ex4sCGdWEAUMowA?format=jpg&name=large

anthony dale is president and ceo of the ontario hospitals association. he posted that tweet this morning. you can use the link above to see the chart or use this link to see his tweet;
    https://twitter.com/AnthonyDaleOHA/s...86953806348288

looks like we are headed back into lockdown in ontario...... saturday. ford will make the announcement today.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Unofficial sources are saying Ford will announce a Province Wide Lockdown to go into effect on Saturday.

BUT.......... with that being said they say it will also be announced that they are redefining what Lockdown means and this lockdown will not be as restrictive as the Lockdown we had in December. Not sure what this means.
    anisa, cath007, SnowFlakey and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Ok, heres the dirty for Quebec Prov. Yesterday it was announced that 4 regions which were in the Orange will not pass to the red and their restrictions will be the same as those in the Montreal area. Montreal is still stable but with a slight increase and Prem Legault said that this could change at any time with a more severe lockdown.

Gatineau, Quebec City and Levis are in a lockdown until Apr 12th. Everything will be closed includi9ng schools, some with exceptions for grocery stores and essential services.

Reporters were complaining that the QC gov is playing YOYO with certain businesses. Legault said that extreme measures are warranted to slow down the Covid variant. One Gym in the Qjuebec City area has been closed because the sanitary measures were not followed and 68 people were infected. How can peeps be so dense.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    I do not believe this is correct. Those vaccinated can expect reduced serious outcomes such as hospitalization or death, but there is no evidence that they are are any less susceptible to contracting the virus.
    Actually i did say that ""if everyone gets vaccinated". Its like saying if everyone gets vaccinated against measles than the chances of getting measles are reduced.
    anisa, cath007, alex78 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Unofficial sources are saying Ford will announce a Province Wide Lockdown to go into effect on Saturday.

BUT.......... with that being said they say it will also be announced that they are redefining what Lockdown means and this lockdown will not be as restrictive as the Lockdown we had in December. Not sure what this means.
    Compared to the restrictions that have been imposed in some other parts of the world, ON's version of lockdown was always been pretty light. I suspect this will be the case again, or maybe we'll get an extra-light version this time.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    Actually i did say that ""if everyone gets vaccinated". Its like saying if everyone gets vaccinated against measles than the chances of getting measles are reduced.
    The virus will not go away even if 100% of the entire population of the world is vaccinated. CoVid transmissibility is not affected by vaccines. The virus does not selectively infect victims; it infects everyone equally, whether or not they are inocculated. The virus will still propagate amongst humanity, but not as many people will die from it (if everyone is vaccinated.)

Dr. Teresa Tam, chief public health officer of Canada, stated in a live online interview yesterday with CTV that there was one study that believed innoculated people were 1/3 less contagious than non-vaccinated people. She was careful to stress that it was only one study and this lowered contagiousness was not conclusively confirmed and that the research is still emerging.
    SnowFlakey likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Page 21 of 60 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information