User Tag List

Page 26 of 60 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
Like Tree2646Likes

Thread: Covid-19 situation

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

If anyone still thinks it's fine just to follow the restrictions set by your provincial government, the Vancouver Canucks hokey team has had ~20 players out of a roster of ~25 test positive, plus some staff. According to the team, this traces back to a group of players who went out to dinner, which was allowed by the government when they did so. Fwiw, the NHL protocols did not allow it but they went anyway. And a few days later, they had about three times as many positives as the entire rest of the league.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Spouse just got her second Pfizer jab date. Five weeks after first not three as originally recommended but will take it regardless. We are pleased.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Well, starting Sunday the curfew in Montreal and Laval is back to 8PM. Complete lockdown in 4 cities in QC: Gatineau, Quebec City, Levis and one other because ot large covid surges. Montreal's curfew is a preventative measure. But Prem Legault said things can change day to day. Nothing has changed in my area of the Red Zone.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

In New Brunswick parts of zone 4 are going into lockdown at midnight tonight while other parts are still staying yellow or red. They announced several exposure notifications in zone 1 (where I live) as well as a few other zones. The good news is they canceled the every day in school high school that was supposed to go into effect on Monday. My kids aren’t in high school but I still thought it was a bad idea to overcrowd classes when numbers are increasing including the more deadly and contagious variant. (Some of my kids friends have siblings in high school.)

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I guess by now everyones heard about the rioting because of the 8PM curfew in Montreal. I can understand protesting against the curfew, but rioting and smashing windows and looting. Those people were not protesters, they were out to smash and grab under the pretext of protesting the curfew.

Once again Ontario has surpassed Covid infections. And i also heard that the hospitals dont rule out sending their sick patients from the ICU's across the border. This would make a hard situation for the families even harder. but the main objective is to open up ICU beds to treat more people as needed.

I also heard of a possible 4th wave targeting younger people. Will this never end.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I do feel like we are stuck in a cycle we cannot get out of especially in Ontario.

Pretty sure the numbers we are seeing right now are the Easter numbers of all of the people who still got together.

I find it interesting to talk to different people and just see people's perspectives on Covid. I find from people I have spoken with there is still a strong sense of this is not a provincial issue but the whole province is being "punished" for the "hot spots." A lot of people feel like the whole province is being punished for Toronto, Peel & York Region even though when I looked at the numbers yesterday across the province is creeping up.

With that being said a lot of people have said "Covid, isn't here, we are not a Hot Spot" or "We are being punished for the hot spots, this is not fair I am going to live my life." I just find it interesting.

I also can say people are not following the stay-at-home order nor are they keeping to their household. Saturday was a beautiful day here and there were a lot of people in my neighbourhood who do not live here. Before anyone has a moment, these people were here visiting, I live off the beaten path and people only come here to visit, they are not just out for a walk.

Same with people I have spoken who have decided their bubble includes our whole family not just those in our household or include bfs and gfs. I get it Covid fatigue is real but we are just stuck in a horrible circle we cannot get out of. I cannot even imagine if there is a 4th wave.

Right now, I have zero hope that either my mom or myself will get a vaccine soon. Our clinics are being closed for minimum of 4 days this week as we are out of vaccines and restock has been reallocated to postal codes within the "Hot Spots" which is not us. It is weird we live in a region deemed a hot spot but our postal code is not a hot spot.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Mon, Apr 12th, 2021 at 03:35 PM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I find it interesting to talk to different people and just see people's perspectives on Covid.
    I do the same. I was caught in a queue at RCSS and got to chatting with lady who turned out to be an ardent anti-mask/vaccine proponent. She was polite and didn't try to push any message, but I only realized her views when she started saying stuff like, "Walmart will be gone soon because of their child-trafficking." LOL

Things she 'taught' me:

1) Her children and grandkids are not vaccinated and 'never' get sick. Only the kids she knew were vaccinated got sick because her kids' immune systems were allowed to grow strong on their own.

2) She will not take a vaccine because they are dangerous to her health.

I straight up asked her what (if anything at all could) would it take to change her mind.

A declaration from Doctor XXXX?
    Four years of trials?
    Zero side effects reported?
    Second coming of the Messiah? (I didn't say that )

I let her tell me what it would take to convince her to change her mind and she said that nothing would ever do it. No test/study/declaration/report from anyone would ever change her opinion. Her beliefs seemed to be solidly based on anecdotes. i.e. She heard this or that person tell her something.

I politely told her that I disagreed with her beliefs, but had respect for her views, nonetheless. A nice civil conversation on a weekend.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

just don't understand those that are covid deniers.

https://twitter.com/AnthonyDaleOHA/s...37154000093188

April 13 - 615 patients now in adult critical care in Ontario on a total census of 1,892. 64 new admissions yesterday. 8 CRCI patients (adult and children) are also in paediatric ICU beds. 623 total. #onhealth #onpoli

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Just heard in the USA they have stopped using the J & J vaccine because of serious blood clot concerns.
    Oy!!!

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/13/us-r...ng-issues.html

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

HermanH i too respect the opinion of others about not getting vaccinated. Personally, i feel that peeps who refuse to get vaccinated are putting themselves and others in danger. I dont care if they put themselves in danger, that is their priority but the fact that they are putting me and others in danger is a cause for concern. I wonder if the govt will eventually force everyone to get vaccinated. Would be interesting to see this.

Not much to report on the QC side again today. We are at about 1500 new infections. The hot spots are still the same and rioting is against the 8PM curfew in Montreal. Bunch of crazies, thats what i say. Suffer a bit now but get some relief later.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    Spouse just got her second Pfizer jab date. Five weeks after first not three as originally recommended but will take it regardless. We are pleased.
    Just got an update email from UHN. Her 2nd jab is now exactly 21 days after the first! Very pleased at this and whatever they are doing at UHN. THANK YOU!

As for me? I am still sometime in July. TEHP has not yet done second dose dates but I am not in as much a risk situation as my wife so not a worry at this time

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    HermanH i too respect the opinion of others about not getting vaccinated. Personally, i feel that peeps who refuse to get vaccinated are putting themselves and others in danger. I dont care if they put themselves in danger, that is their priority but the fact that they are putting me and others in danger is a cause for concern. I wonder if the govt will eventually force everyone to get vaccinated. Would be interesting to see this.
    My sister and I are working hard trying to convince my mother of the necessity of taking the shot. She is still opposed, so I called her rheumatologist. He had previously told her that her that the vaccine could be taken with her current medications. However, he fell short of actually recommending that she take the shot. When we spoke, I told him about the recommendation related by my sister-in-law's rheumatologist and he concurred; he already knew that his field was divided (about 3:1 in favour of vaccination, in his estimation). He repeated that long-term effects were uncertain, but could not outright order her to take the shot. I told him that without a stronger direct recommendation, my mother would remain reluctant. I got him to talk directly with her and, hopefully, he convinced her to make an appointment.

I keep trying to tell her that she can never visit with anyone ever again; not her family, grandkids, friends, no one, because they could carry infection to her. I can understand her reluctance and do not necessarily disagree. After all, it is her body and life. I just don't think she knows how horribly scary her outcome will be if she dies alone in a hospital while drowning in her own fluids.

The difference between the anti-vaxxer I met and my mom is that she has legitimate concerns that might be resolved or reduced scientifically whereas the anti-vaxxer is purely dogmatic in her refusal. My mother would not purposely want to hurt anyone else, but she is right in thinking of her own health and well-being first and foremost. Should the government try to enforce mandatory innoculations, there will be violence in the streets.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@walkonby I saw that as well. Honestly I was not a fan of this option from the get go, yes it is only one dose but the protection rate is considerably lower. Other than it only being one dose I could not find a reason or benefit to choosing this option.
    walkonby, cath007 and SnowFlakey like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by heartgirl99 View Post
    word of caution when booking your vaccination appointment through the ontario portal.

based on my age (60 and over) i am eligible to be vaccinated in york region.
    entered the portal, filling in health card info, etc. accepted by the site as eligible.
    entered my postal code again and it offered vaccination sites in south simcoe. however, the age eligibility in south simcoe is higher (70) and i do NOT qualify for a vaccination there.

just be aware.

i was able to book into cornell for this friday with my second shot in 3 months in july.
    apparently this issue has not been resolved. the news last night had stories about people who had been turned away after showing up for the appts they had booked through the portal. even though those doses had been reserved for them based on their appt booking.

just be aware.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

I have been able to get my mother and MIL their shots some time ago (87 & 82 years old) We are eligible but have not been able to get appts as of yet.

Page 26 of 60 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread Information