User Tag List

Page 32 of 60 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast
Like Tree2646Likes

Thread: Covid-19 situation

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by princessjen View Post
    My coworker tells me, she has been invited to a immunization party. If you have had your first shot, you are invited!! Of course she replied back as a big fat NO!! People are unbelievable!!
    Sadly, this is completely believable. There's no shortage of people who have insufficient self-discipline to "do the right thing" when they can use a less than great reason to self-justify doing otherwise.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I'm not sure why they don't talk more in the media about how you can be a carrier of the virus, even if you are immunized.

I think people are forgetting that the virus continues to live on their body, and will transfer to anyone they come in contact with.

An immunization party is a party for the virus. Mr. and Ms. Virus get a buffet of people to hop onto and ride to the people they come in contact with after that party. Sheesh.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

We think of ourselves as such civilized societies.

We kind of suck lol
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    I'm not sure why they don't talk more in the media about how you can be a carrier of the virus, even if you are immunized.

I think people are forgetting that the virus continues to live on their body, and will transfer to anyone they come in contact with.

An immunization party is a party for the virus. Mr. and Ms. Virus get a buffet of people to hop onto and ride to the people they come in contact with after that party. Sheesh.
    Bingo.

The media won't talk about transmission by the inoculated because it is too difficult to explain to the public. Instead, they dumb everything down to the stupidest denominator and simply broadcast that 'everyone should get vaccinated.'

They did this with their idiotic reporting for mask usage, when public officials specifically and explicitly stated that mask usage was recommended for:

1) indoor situations, and
    2) where you could not maintain 2m separation

Of course, the media half-wits simply said, "Wear a mask." The sound bite was better and the facts were simply inconvenient.
    Last edited by HermanH; Mon, May 10th, 2021 at 11:03 AM.
    anisa, princessjen and SnowFlakey like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is a good website for seeing what is coming down the pipes for the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines and general distribution:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...llout.html#a4b

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Thanks for this information. I see that the majority of Pfizer is going to Ontario and Quebec. My daughter, SIL and son are all getting vaccinated this week. I was telling the possible side affects and what to watch for. I also told DD if she has any Covid symptoms after the vaccine to go straight to the hospital because her immune system has been compromised because of her stay in ICU from the bacterial blood infection! Take no chances. He doc told her that also.

I heard this morning that the Eastern Townships of QC are being put back into the Red Zone as a precaution. Im glad the govt is taking precautions and acting swiftly. Red zone is highest level of closures and curfews.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

No surprise Ontario has extended the stay-at-home order until June 2nd.

They are now discussing vaccines for those 18 and under, there are no confirmed dates I have seen, might be different in Hot Spots.

With the phase we moved into on Tuesday it includes that most of the staff at my work can now get the vaccine.

It is nice to see and hear that those who want the vaccine are able to get the vaccine. Although I do hear it is tricky to get appointments right now based on available spots.
    Skippy, anisa, princessjen and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

We have vaccine appts booked for next week.

Hubby and I were waiting for our 18 yr old to be eligible, since none of us are going anywhere these days anyways.

I should be able to make an appt for my 12 year old at the end of this month.

side note, my 18 year old was 2 when I first found SC, boy does time fly!
    R

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Although I may be wrong, I see the writing on the wall that if you decide not to get vaccinated you will not be able to fully participate in life after Covid.
    anisa, ROMEO, Tweets77 and 5 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

A family member went to get their shot today, they had an appointment but the clinic was running behind/overbooked they waited 2 hours to get the shot. An hour and a half of that was spent standing outside the building just waiting to get in the building to check in. All they could say was good thing it was a nice to stand outside.
    lilo0003, SnowFlakey and GoodBoy like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I was surprised today that a NO Frills that I shopped at was offering there customer the COVID 29 vaccine
    anisa, ROMEO, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hubby and i are vaccinated. Middle child is vaccinated as well.
    youngest and oldest have appointments in 10 days.
    anisa, ROMEO, JadeAngel and 5 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

20 yr old son was vaccinated at a local pop up clinic. He got the Moderna. So our house will be a smorgasbord of vaccine as DH and I had the AZ and the younger one will very soon be eligible to book the Pfizer.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Myself , DH and DDs are all vaccinated with the Pfizer

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Our family is a mix as well but not all in one household:

Sis & bf got Moderna

Step Mom got AZ

Mom, Dad, Bro, Sis in law, other Bro and myself got pfizer

Other bor's gf also has hers but I am not sure what shot she got it was either pfizer or moderna.

Only ones who got the shot at the time were my mom and myself everyone got appointments as available, included sis's bf went to a pop up clinic. Sis in law lucked out she had an appointment but waited 2 hours for her shot, an hour and half of the time was spent standing in line just waiting to check in at the vaccine clinic.

Page 32 of 60 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread Information