User Tag List

Page 34 of 60 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast
Like Tree2646Likes

Thread: Covid-19 situation

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Younger son was vaccinated last week. I did not want to wait for the 12+ as my region does not plan to start booking until May 31. He is a 2003 but not yet 18 so I was able to book him in Peel which is 5 minutes from us. Peel Region has a really amazing system IMO and both my kids were vaccinated there. It’s such a relief to all have the 1st shot.
    anisa, ROMEO, Tweets77 and 6 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

My oldest granddaughter is turning 18 saturday. Deconfinement and no curfews start May 28th! Just in time. We are planning on a family party for her outside and it will be the first time together since last summer. We were hoping to do something more fun for her but this is it. A nice family party outdoors, just hope it doesnt rain. DD and i went to Party City and got a few things. Should be fun.

All the adults are now vaccinated so im feeling fairly safe. The kids start the week of June 1st. I was talking to our next door neighbour and he is not getting vaccinated and it totally against it saying that its a pharmaceutical money grab. I told him i respect his decision and didnt argue. No point.

And we have all received our special electronic codes from the QC Govt as proof of vaccination.
    anisa, princessjen, ROMEO and 6 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    My oldest granddaughter is turning 18 saturday. Deconfinement and no curfews start May 28th! Just in time. We are planning on a family party for her outside and it will be the first time together since last summer. We were hoping to do something more fun for her but this is it. A nice family party outdoors, just hope it doesnt rain. DD and i went to Party City and got a few things. Should be fun.
    Be careful. You may have some protection, but gatherings still mean that infection can be spread amongst attendees and brought out to others.

I was talking to our next door neighbour and he is not getting vaccinated and it totally against it saying that its a pharmaceutical money grab. I told him i respect his decision and didnt argue. No point.
    Absolutely right. There is no point in arguing, since he did not make a logical assertion in the first place.

There is no charge for vaccination. Even if he is right, he is still going to be paying for it through his future taxes. He will not be denying the pharmaceutical companies a single dime nor saving the country from its massive debt. He is simply leaving himself exposed to serious outcomes from infection.
    Last edited by HermanH; Mon, May 24th, 2021 at 01:24 PM.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

All the adults are now vaccinated so im feeling fairly safe. The kids start the week of June 1st. I was talking to our next door neighbour and he is not getting vaccinated and it totally against it saying that its a pharmaceutical money grab. I told him i respect his decision and didnt argue. No point.

And we have all received our special electronic codes from the QC Govt as proof of vaccination.
    I'm happy for you! You sound like a level headed, cautious person, stay safe
    SnowFlakey likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

We plan on keeping safe. We will sit in our own family grouping and wear masks. The food will be buffet style outdoors and distance will be maintained. As long as it doesnt rain, we will be ok. If it rains, i guess we will have to use umbrellas!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@SnowFlakey I am sure your grandchildren won’t mind a little rain if it means they can see you. We let our kids see their grandfather outdoors and masks on this past weekend. It was the 1st time since August and as the rain poured down on the drive they both said the rain was not going to spoil it for them.
    anisa, ROMEO, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Yay! Terrasses are open,curfew has been lifted and we can get together in the back yard! Celebrating GD's birthday tomorrow!
    Skippy, anisa, coupon girl and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

My area is finally in the orange zone: means restaurants are open for indoor dining, gyms are open (limited quantity of people) and a few other restrictions were lifted. I cant believe we made it this far; i just hope me and my family stay safe through all this until we are all vaccinated twice. The Prov Govt will outline this week on when we will be eligible for early second vaccs. Hubby and i are scheduled for July 23rd so maybe we will be elibible for early vaccs.

Personally, we dont know anyone who had Covid-19. I am in charge of our Cribbage Club and the last time we played was the beginning of March 2020. The range of ages is from 51 to 91. I have stayed in touch with all our members and everyone has stayed safe. We are all looking forward to play again hopefully in Jan 2022.
    anisa and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

This morning hubby and i went to have breakfast at a restaurant. You say, "Whats so special about that!" Well its been since last August that weve actually eaten at a restaurant because everything was closed. Here is the protocol that we faced. We got to the restaurant and there was a line-up or about 9 people. Only two people at a table, so if you were 5, you had to have 3 separate tables. You have to wear a mask and sanitize your hands and you had to wait to be seated. you had to give your name, telephone number and show proof of residence. No one objected; everyone was just happy to be able to have a sit down meal at a restaurant. And you had 1 hour to eat. Tables were all spaced out at 2 meters. Despite all the restrictions, it was a totally enjoyable breakfast.

I felt sorry for the wait staff because they were running around; even the owner was running around. I think they were short of staff.
    anisa, 2shopmom, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

On June 7th, Montreal and Laval will be going into the Orange Zone which means restaurants and gyms will reopen to limited capacity. And on Thursday of this week, the QC health minister will announce when and how accelerated second doses will start.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

This morning hubby and i went to have breakfast at a restaurant. You say, "Whats so special about that!" Well its been since last August that weve actually eaten at a restaurant because everything was closed. Here is the protocol that we faced. We got to the restaurant and there was a line-up or about 9 people. Only two people at a table, so if you were 5, you had to have 3 separate tables. You have to wear a mask and sanitize your hands and you had to wait to be seated. you had to give your name, telephone number and show proof of residence. No one objected; everyone was just happy to be able to have a sit down meal at a restaurant. And you had 1 hour to eat. Tables were all spaced out at 2 meters. Despite all the restrictions, it was a totally enjoyable breakfast.

I felt sorry for the wait staff because they were running around; even the owner was running around. I think they were short of staff.
    @SnowFlakey I kind of hung on every word of your sit down restaurant outing! It did sound wonderful even with all the precautions. I do feel badly for the wait staff, also the managers, owners. Such a sh*t show of a year and a half for them.
    SnowFlakey likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

We went to another restaurant for breakfast this morning. Same protocol as the other one and the food was great. No complaints there. But this restaurant charged $10.85 for a breakfast that before the shut down charged $6.95! Talk about price gouging. And when i asked for 1 egg, the waitress said they dont serve 1 egg anymore, you had to order 2 eggs with your breakfast. Duh! Of course, the owner couldnt charge $10.85 for 1 egg breakfast, so you were forced to order 2 egg breakfast. Or order something else which was just as or more expensive! I should report this somewhere. Any ideas.
    walkonby likes this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There was a vaccination PopUP today in the 'hood. Our MP posted on FB about it and they were offering 1st doses of Pfizer, and 2nd doses for AZ first dose people and 2nd doses for Pfizer first dose people based on when you got your first dose. I qualified for my 2nd Pfizer based on my first Pfizer dose date! Ws very pleased to get it in me and only after 8 weeks of the first dose. Sorted! Thank you to my MP and the hospital team in the 'hood for doing this for us!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

My son got his second moderna shot and only a sore arm as a side effect.
    anisa, ROMEO, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The only side effect I have is a hankering for coffee! Oh wait --- I always have that! LOL
    anisa, SnowFlakey and SassyAshley like this.

Page 34 of 60 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Thread Information