User Tag List

Page 35 of 60 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
Like Tree2646Likes

Thread: Covid-19 situation

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

just signed up for second dose, june 15th. about an hours wait on-line to register. ;-)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    There was a vaccination PopUP today in the 'hood. Our MP posted on FB about it and they were offering 1st doses of Pfizer, and 2nd doses for AZ first dose people and 2nd doses for Pfizer first dose people based on when you got your first dose. I qualified for my 2nd Pfizer based on my first Pfizer dose date! Ws very pleased to get it in me and only after 8 weeks of the first dose. Sorted! Thank you to my MP and the hospital team in the 'hood for doing this for us!
    It's cool when local authorities are trying to do something useful for the population. I am glad that you received the second dose of the vaccine and now you can not be afraid of COVID.
    ROMEO, Linda Evans and GoodBoy like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Definitely still afraid of COVID, but have at least done my vaccination part to help myself and others. Still wear a mask and all the rest and will for a long time.
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Wed, Jun 9th, 2021 at 06:12 AM.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

This morning, hubby and i became elegible for the second dose. I signed up a few minutes ago and was totally surprised that my new appointment is on June 11th. Thats this Friday!!! It was fast and easy and ClicSante web site is fantastic. I had no problems. Im so so happy that finally we will be fully immunized. My DD, DS and SIL will book their appointments next week and the grandchildren will all be vaccinated before the end of August. Life will never be as before but at least we will have some semblance of normal. We will be able to watch our grandsons play hockey, especially the youngest who will be playing AAA Hockey and the oldest who will be in Sports Etudes.

Last Friday our youngest granddaughter was vaccinated but my daughter didnt tell me that she had an adverse reaction right after the shot. Thats why we have to wait 15 minutes before leaving. She fainted in the waiting room. When she was revived she was on a stretcher with some medical staff tending her. My daughter said she didnt want to alarm me because she knew i would be worried. My second granddaughter was vaccinated on Monday with the school. Yesterday she experienced a lot of arm pain, fever and so on. I havent heard how she is doing today. My oldest grandson who was vaccinated on Friday along with his sister, had no side affects apart from a sore arm. Just goes to show you everyone is different and no one reacts the same.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Yesterday, I checked the Peel Region website on a whim, not expecting anything, and was pleasantly surprised to see that we qualified to schedule our second shots. We don't meet the criterion I was aware of, age 70, but I saw that bookings are now also open to those whose first Pfizer shots were at least four weeks ago. We booked on the first available date, tomorrow, which is seven weeks earlier than the date we got when we had our first shots.

The key takeaway from this is to be proactive in looking for up to date info. Like I did, you might be pleasantly surprised by what you find.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Happy to see the hotel quarantine is ending!
    SnowFlakey and GoodBoy like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Only for people with full vaccinations and they still have to take a test and stay isolated (can we hope they will?) until the clear result comes back. Not sure if it applies to non-Canadians, but since border is still pretty much closed I guess that is moot at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Happy to see the hotel quarantine is ending!
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Booked an appointment with the hairdresser for today. Wanna look spiffy for my second dose tomorrow!
    anisa, Tweets77, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    Booked an appointment with the hairdresser for today. Wanna look spiffy for my second dose tomorrow!
    Still waiting for them to reopen in Ontario. Super Twit Ford has screwed it all up here.

Enjoy!!
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

As more and more of us are getting our second shots, I'm seeing more instances of people not understanding that the second shot means lower risk than one or none, but not complete immunity. I hope everyone who reads this is informed enough not to be under this misconception.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

hubby and i bought had our second dose Friday. The nurse at the vaccination center told me that if i had a reaction the first dose, i would have something the second dose. And yay, i have no reaction, not even a sore arm. Hubby has nothing either.

And even though i know i should wait a bit, i saw all my 5 grandkids and gave each of them a hug! My youngest grandson was hugging me so much, he wouldnt let go! My 12 year old grandson (who is way taller than me) ran towards me to have a hug! Thats the first time in 17 months that i got a hug from each of them. Every time i think about this, the tears start up. It felt so good.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I was the last family member to be inducted into House Pfizer today. My daughters got theirs over two weeks ago and my son got his on Wednesday. I was pleasantly surprised at how quick and easy the whole procedure was considering the number of people passing through.

The only discomfort I had today was due to the band-aid not sticking and the health worker peeling it off to replace it.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Congratulations and welcome to the club! Just a quick FYI, the full magnetic power doesn't show up for about a week, so don't try sticking forks to your face for a bit .

I had my second Pfizer on June first and felt a bit flu like, but feel some peace of mind knowing it's done. Fast, professional service here which was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    I was the last family member to be inducted into House Pfizer today. My daughters got theirs over two weeks ago and my son got his on Wednesday. I was pleasantly surprised at how quick and easy the whole procedure was considering the number of people passing through.

The only discomfort I had today was due to the band-aid not sticking and the health worker peeling it off to replace it.
    anisa, SnowFlakey and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

A couple of family members have their second shots, more of us are eligible tomorrow and it will continue on from there.

I have to admit all of this feels a bit weird have thing showing some sort of normal again. I am a bit OCD, was a germaphobe pre covid so things getting back to normal brings me a little bit anxiety. Taking things slow but happy to see we are making progress and am hopeful in the near future there is at least a new normal.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I dont know how normal things will be later on. I was thinking that when we could stop wearing masks, will i always wonder who has been fully vaccinated or not. Should i continue to wear a mask when out in public just in case even though i will have 96% immunity. These questions are going through me head. Maybe im just a "head" case.
    anisa, SassyAshley and GoodBoy like this.

Page 35 of 60 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Thread Information