User Tag List

Page 48 of 60 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast
Like Tree2646Likes

Thread: Covid-19 situation

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    DS just called and said the test for GD2 was just done. Will know the answer within 24 hours. He said the testing is different now. It is not done with a quetip up the nose anymore. He said, the nurse gives you a liquid and you have to sort of gargle a few times and then spit it into a container. What happens if you cant gargle; you always gag.
    How old is your GD? Here adults get the Q-tip up the nose and kids under (I’m not sure the age cut off) get the gargle liquid. My oldest got the Q-tip when he was tested last year but I don’t think the gargle liquid was available then.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    How old is your GD? Here adults get the Q-tip up the nose and kids under (I’m not sure the age cut off) get the gargle liquid. My oldest got the Q-tip when he was tested last year but I don’t think the gargle liquid was available then.
    She is 15 years old. I dont know if this is done for kids under 18. Could be. She has no symptoms, so it is only a precautionary measure. She was sitting with me on Wednesday at her brothers hockey practice. But im not presenting any symptoms. So its a wait and see.
    francine1985 and walkonby like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

SnowFlakey and Thatdone like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

GoodBoy i dont like putting people on "ignore" because im curious to see to what lengths they will go to twist information to suit their beliefs. Lots of left wingers out there lots of left wing opinions, you could call them trumpers i guess. But anyway, they amuse me and their opinions are good for a laugh.
    They are definitely Trumpian Trumpers LOL
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

She is 15 years old. I dont know if this is done for kids under 18. Could be. She has no symptoms, so it is only a precautionary measure. She was sitting with me on Wednesday at her brothers hockey practice. But im not presenting any symptoms. So its a wait and see.
    Hope that your test comes back negative.
    Last edited by couponlady; Sun, Sep 26th, 2021 at 08:04 AM.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Hope that your test comes back negative.

If not, you can at least console yourself in the knowledge that everyone at that hockey game had a (useless) passport and that the game was literally worth dying for.
    Actrually You should read what i wrote before you comment. It wasnt my test, it was my GD2's test and it was required by the school because someone unvaxxed in her class has covid.

Anyway, she tested negative, got the answer this morning. So all is good.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

francine1985, GD2 has the option of taking the nose test or the liquid test. she chose the liquid test.
    francine1985 and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So pleased GD2 came back Neg. A relief I am sure to all involved!
    francine1985 and SnowFlakey like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Actrually You should read what i wrote before you comment. It wasnt my test, it was my GD2's test and it was required by the school because someone unvaxxed in her class has covid.

Anyway, she tested negative, got the answer this morning. So all is good.
    Glad to hear that your grand-daughter's test came back negative.
    Last edited by couponlady; Sun, Sep 26th, 2021 at 08:07 AM.
    SnowFlakey likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Dh decided that we would all go eat at Harvey’s for lunch and then go get groceries. (He got 2*10$ ultimate dinning gift cards free from a work thing). He has all 3 of our vaccine records screenshot from the government website on his phone. He also had all of our Medicare cards in his wallet. The restaurant wanted photo ID for us but was ok when I said I only had my Medicare card. (I’ll have to get Dh to put my photo ID in his wallet next time we all go out anywhere). We were the only ones eating there. The poor cashier kept apologizing. *we never gave them a hard time about any of it. While I am against the vaccine passports I’m not going to take it out on an underpaid employee or a business that is only following government protocols.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

The vaccine passport took effect in Ontario on the 22nd.

Locally a number of our restaurants have decided to close their indoor dining. They are going back to only offering Take-Out and in some cases Delivery (Small Town Rural living, not many offer delivery here and no Uber Eats or Skip the Dishes).

Personal choice we have not returned to eating in restaurants. We will occasionally have take-out but honestly Covid has helped us to break our Take-Out/Eating Out habit and neither me nor my wallet are complaining.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    The vaccine passport took effect in Ontario on the 22nd.

Personal choice we have not returned to eating in restaurants. We will occasionally have take-out but honestly Covid has helped us to break our Take-Out/Eating Out habit and neither me nor my wallet are complaining.
    @SassyAshley , good point about the wallet. I think a more people did more cooking and baking during lockdowns and got use to eating more home cooked meals

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Early October will be our first experience in showing our proof of vaccination. It will be at a Cineplex theatre.
    The theatre location we have gone to 2-3 times now has been nearly empty each time. Absolute efficient social distancing and sanitation practices in place. Hoping for the same with this movie.....
    Venom 2 Let There Be Carnage.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I grew up in Saskatchewan and am so shocked and saddened by the total sh*t show it has become.

Saskatchewan is in the process of submitting a list of specialized health workers it needs to the federal government, as it seeks help in adding ICU capacity amid a crush of COVID-19 cases in hospitals.

https://leaderpost.com/news/saskatch...-medical-staff
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Early October will be our first experience in showing our proof of vaccination. It will be at a Cineplex theatre.
    The theatre location we have gone to 2-3 times now has been nearly empty each time. Absolute efficient social distancing and sanitation practices in place. Hoping for the same with this movie.....
    Venom 2 Let There Be Carnage.

dh insists on going to the theatre to see it since they won’t have it available on home premiere. I don’t think it’s worth the risk, we’ve had record high case numbers almost every day (99 today) 40 in hospital including 16 in the icu. He’s going to take ds2 (the one too young to be vaccinated) while I’m going to stay home with ds1. He says they won’t be buying drinks or snacks and will keep their masks on, but the theatres are running at full capacity and several showings have already sold out so I think it’s going to be crowded.

Page 48 of 60 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast

Thread Information