User Tag List

Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Like Tree2646Likes

Thread: Covid-19 situation

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So I'm kinda upset with my workplace. My co-worker's daughter and boyfriend both tested positive for covid even though they are fully vaccinated. They were at my co-workers house on the weekend (before they knew they were sick). Public health told my co-worker to stay home and self isolate, dont be around people, until she gets her results back. But my workplace has told my coworker to still come in to work because she has been fully vaccinated.

Now I am worried she might have spread it around to all of us on the floor and we will all have to get tested! Is it just me, or is my workplace in the wrong?? (We work in healthcare if it makes a difference)
    Join Swagbucks for free amazon gift cards! $500 earned so far!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I do not think it matters what industry you are in, this would not make me feel unsafe. I feel like a situation like this is how outbreaks start.

Quote Originally Posted by princessjen View Post
    So I'm kinda upset with my workplace. My co-worker's daughter and boyfriend both tested positive for covid even though they are fully vaccinated. They were at my co-workers house on the weekend (before they knew they were sick). Public health told my co-worker to stay home and self isolate, dont be around people, until she gets her results back. But my workplace has told my coworker to still come in to work because she has been fully vaccinated.

Now I am worried she might have spread it around to all of us on the floor and we will all have to get tested! Is it just me, or is my workplace in the wrong?? (We work in healthcare if it makes a difference)
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by princessjen View Post
    It's not you. It's ignorance on the part of your employer, who believes that inoculation = immunity. Of course, when public officials refuse to remind people that the inoculated are just as likely to infect others, who can really blame the employer.

Perhaps you should bring it right to the attention of the manager and ask if they know that infections can be spread just as readily by the inoculated as by those who are not. Ask him/her point blank if they know this. If they don't, make sure you give them written notice of this so that they will be fully responsible for any further workplace infection. Otherwise, they might try to plead ignorance.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

We just spent 2 afternoons at the hockey arenas watching our 2 grandsons playing hockey for the first time in almost 2 years! What a treat! One arena verified our QR code, the other didnt bother. But everyone there was masked and kept their distance. The hockey players had to show proof of vaxx. It was a fun day for everyone.

And tonight we are resuming some of our activities. Our Cribbage Club will be starting tonight. Im Pres of the club and we worked out how to manage this. First and foremost you have to be vaxxed and you have to wear a mask. Screening will be done upon entering the venue. Hand sanitizers are in place for everyone. Or they can bring their own. We wont be 6 feet apart, only about 2 feet apart. But as Public Health said, as long as we are screened and vaxxed, we should be ok. Anyone not vaxxed or wearing a mask will be refused entry. So we shall see how it goes. Last time we played was Mar 2020. I dont feel things will ever be back to normal but hopefully we can make it as close as possible to normal.

Although i dont agree with the QC Govts policies, i do agree with how they have handled the Covid and Variant situation in QC. A lot of the Covid policies that have been in place here for months are starting to filter through to the other provinces.

On another note, i was talking to my friend who is a Manager of a Subway in her town and she says they are working limited hours now because they cant find any employees. Most days they open at 8 AM and close at 3 PM and ive noticed that a lot of restaurnts have reduced hours. Some open for breakfast but dont serve lunch and are closed for dinner. Very few are open for dinner. The problem is no employees.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@SnowFlakey same thing is happening here with our restaurants. Currently our KFC is only open until 6 pm every night which is not ideal being a commuter town a lot of people do not get back into town until 6 pm or later most nights.

We also see a number of local non-chain restaurants closing on random days due to lack of staffing. Almost every day there are 2 or 3 posts due to staffing issues we will be closed today.
    cath007, SnowFlakey and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    In New Brunswick they’ve implemented a circuit breaker to try to lower cases… zones 1 (where I live) ,3, and 4 are in a single household bubble for 2 weeks. The rest of the zones are in a single household bubble for the thanksgiving long weekend. We have an arrangement with my mom that she buys our holiday meal foods, dh cooks them, her and my little sister (that lives with her) eat with us. With cases as bad as they are we were already planning to have our dinner here then pack up some food for her and my sister to eat at there place. I’m not sure if dh will walk it to them or if my sister will come pick it up.
    The circuit breaker has been extended another 7 days for zones 1,3 and 4. They are also starting zone 5 on a 14 day circuit breaker.

edit to add since I quoted my whole previous post. My sister (the younger one that lives with my mom) came over to pick up the food and returned the containers a few days later.

I also want to mention that there is currently an outbreak at the hospital my mom works in. It includes multiple patients and staff. Thankfully they are assigning her to floors that don’t have any contact with covid patients. They’ve also changed from splitting her shift in half (4 hours on 1 floor and the 4 hours on a different floor) to assigning her to 1 place for her shifts.
    Last edited by francine1985; Thu, Oct 21st, 2021 at 06:42 PM.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

We went out to breakfast this morning and the restaurant was full with a line-up outside. We still have to present our QR code and proof of identity and wear masks except when seated and eating. People are becoming more comfortable with the restrictrions and going out more.

On the other hand, grandson number 2, his hockey game with a team from another has been postponed because several players on the other team tested positive. So no game. Most of the kids on the other team are between the ages of 10-12; the unvaxxed age. Covid is still very much present and we have to be careful.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    Covid is still very much present and we have to be careful.
    It sure is! Now I have another coworker with covid. (he has been double vaxed.) He got it on the weekend from a cousin who came over from Boston.
    Join Swagbucks for free amazon gift cards! $500 earned so far!!

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

circuit breaker has been extended another 7 days and they are starting a circuit breaker in zone 2. I don’t think they are allowing trick or treating in circuit breaker zones. That doesn’t change our plans at all but will be disappointing to a lot of kids. My kids wore their Halloween costumes to school today and we bought Halloween candy for our kids who were already told a few weeks ago that we aren’t trick or treating this year.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    circuit breaker has been extended another 7 days
    So, already at 4 weeks and counting; just like I said, there was no way this was ever going to be 2 weeks. The government must think that everyone is a rube or sucker to believe that claim.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Trick or Treating for Halloween is a go here. Govt reminded everyone to follow certain protocols. It is so disappointing for us because when we moved here, it was a community with lots of young kids and making up 200-300 bags of candies was a norm. Now we are a community of elderly people with no young kids around and no one opens anymore.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

https://www2.gnb.ca/content/dam/gnb/...Gu5AKkyeH6xXQY

I guess I was wrong, trick or treating is allowed in circuit breaker areas. You have to go as a single household bubble so no friends/groups. There are even rules about how to hand out candy safely. There are also no Halloween parties/haunted houses as it’s supposed to be single household bubbles anyway… this doesn’t change anything for us since as I said in my previous post we aren’t going out this year and have bought candy for our kids already.
    SnowFlakey, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Not exactly a covid update… all schools in New Brunswick have closed today and are moving to online learning on Monday. This is because of a Union strike and we don’t know how long it’s going to last.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

This is today’s covid update…

”News ReleaseHealthOffice of the PremierNumber of hospitalizations drops / CUPE strikes hindering pandemic response30 October 2021FREDERICTON (GNB) – The number of hospitalizations due to COVID-19 continue to trend downwards. There are 23 people in hospital, down from 28 yesterday and 33 on Thursday. Of the 23 in hospital, 15 are unvaccinated, one is partially vaccinated, and seven are fully vaccinated. There is currently no one 19 or under in the hospital.Public Health reported 33 new cases of COVID-19 and 37 recoveries today. The number of active cases is 551.Of the new cases, 18 – or 54.5 per cent – are unvaccinated, three – or 9.1 per cent – are partially vaccinated, and 12 – or 36.4 per cent – are fully vaccinated.There are 13 people in an intensive care unit; 10 are unvaccinated, one is partially vaccinated, and two are fully vaccinated.Public Health has confirmed that two people in Zone 5 (Campbellton region), one person 70-79 and one person 40-49, have died because of COVID-19.CUPE strikes hindering pandemic response While Public Health has implemented contingency plans, CUPE refused to agree to the designation of essential workers in COVID-19 services (screening, vaccination clinics, assessment centres, labs), unnecessarily putting further strain on the health-care system.CUPE’s strike creates significant impact on other health-care system staff who have been stretched and heavily leaned on throughout the last year and a half. Because of strike action today by CUPE, vaccination clinics and COVID-19 screening at assessment centres have had to be cancelled or rescheduled. Circuit breaker reminderThe following areas are currently under a circuit breaker: Zone 1 (Moncton region); most of Zone 2 (Saint John region); the northern portion of Zone 3 (Fredericton region); all of Zone 4 (Edmundston region); and all of Zone 5 (Campbellton region).More information about the circuit breaker rules, including a detailed list and map of affected communities, is available online.Vaccination updatePublic Health reported today that 84.8 per cent of eligible New Brunswickers are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and 92.5 per cent have received their first dose of a vaccine.Health-care personnel – including those working in long-term care facilities – and residents of First Nations communities can now book an appointment to receive an mRNA COVID-19 booster dose if six months have passed since their second dose of a vaccine. They must bring their proof of vaccination, i.e. immunization record, to their appointment.Appointments for first and second doses, as well as a booster dose for those eligible, can be scheduled for a regional health authority community COVID-19 vaccination clinic through the online booking system or at a participating pharmacy. Residents of First Nations communities can also book an appointment at a community clinic.A list of upcoming mobile and walk-in clinics is available online.Regional breakdown of new casesThe 11 new cases in Zone 1 (Moncton region) are as follows: two people 19 and under; three people 30-39; three people 40-49; a person 50-59; and two people 80-89.Three cases are under investigation and eight cases are contacts of a case.The 10 new cases in Zone 2 (Saint John region) are as follows: three people 19 and under; four people 20-29; and three people 60-69.Four cases are under investigation and six cases are contacts of a case.The four new cases in Zone 3 (Fredericton region) are as follows: two people 19 and under; a person 20-29; and a person 70-79.Two cases are under investigation and two cases are contacts of a case.The five new cases in Zone 4 (Edmundston region) are as follows: two people 19 and under; two people 40-49; and a person 80-89.One case is under investigation and three cases are contacts of a case.The one new case in Zone 5 (Campbellton region) is a person 19 and under. This case is a contact of a case.The one new case in Zone 6 (Bathurst region) is a person 20-29. This case is under investigation.The one new case in Zone 7 (Miramichi region) is a person 30-39. This case is under investigation.Additional information is available on the COVID-19 dashboard.Potential public exposuresAnyone with symptoms of the virus, as well as anyone who has been at the site of a possible public exposure, is urged to request a test online to get an appointment.A map of potential public exposures can also be found on the COVID-19 dashboard.”
    Last edited by francine1985; Sat, Oct 30th, 2021 at 04:17 PM.
    SnowFlakey and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Sorry about the formatting of my last post. It’s just copy/pasted from mobile the Facebook post. I’ve bolded and changed the letters to red for the part that points out that it’s affecting covid vaccine clinics, testing…
    Last edited by francine1985; Sat, Oct 30th, 2021 at 04:33 PM.

Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast

Thread Information