User Tag List

Trading Score
    136 (100%)

So I used to play World of Warcraft before DS came along - spending a lot of time in my characters and just sort of lost interest when my baby was born (not enough time or energy to be bothered playing).

However, I just found out that my account was hacked and all of my characters money, clothes, items, etc was taken! I feel heartbroken... lol, silly to say but it's true. Those characters were a little bit of me in an imaginary world and I am so mad that someone destroyed them!

I know that my email to the company will fix everything and my account will be put back together - but somehow I feel offended and violated, like I was robbed personally... I need a hug, or an imaginary club /sigh

So silly, but so true.

Needed to rant and get it off my chest!

P.S. Does anyone watch Big Bang Theory? If so I understand how Sheldon felt when he called the police because his account had been hacked!!

Leonard: You called the police because someone hacked your World of Warcraft account?
    Sheldon: What choice did I have? The mighty Sheldor, level 85 blood elf, hero of the Eastern kingdoms has been picked clean, like a carcass in the desert sun. Plus, the FBI hung up on me.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Deanc; Tue, Sep 13th, 2011 at 03:23 PM.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I love Big Bang Theory! Glad you didn't call the FBI.

((virtual hug))

Trading Score
    136 (100%)

It was tempting... but I controlled myself

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

too cute

i hope you get everything sorted out.

i can sort of relate. i had progressed really well in my game of zelda, and the neighbor's brat of a kid erased my game. no asking or anything. his mother and father looking at us like it's perfectly fine that their kids do anything they want in someone else's house. i didn't say anything but i was so disappointed i didn't have the heart to start over!

anyone remember the brat kid from everyone loves raymond! how the heck do you tell ppl their children are rotten!
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I do play as well, thankfully have not had my account hacked. Have you looked into getting an authenticatior to make sure this doesn't ever happen again?

Man I know how long it takes to get stuff and level up and all of that, especially when you don't have a ton of time to play.

What server are you on, out of curiosity?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

i can understand your pain.i do not play rather i play starcraft,not as much in starcraft can be hacked like wow,as in starcraft you start fresh every match,only thing you accumulate is points.

but i would be miffed if someone stole what i had worked for.

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    136 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    I do play as well, thankfully have not had my account hacked. Have you looked into getting an authenticatior to make sure this doesn't ever happen again?

Man I know how long it takes to get stuff and level up and all of that, especially when you don't have a ton of time to play.

What server are you on, out of curiosity?
    Yes, I purchased an authenticator yesterday! LOL

I play on nordrassil - mainly alliance toons, but a few low level horde and yourself?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Laughing Skull on Horde side lol, my boyfriend picked it because Leeroy Jenkins plays/played on that server.

Trading Score
    136 (100%)

lol, yes that clip is hilarious!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For the last year I have not played at all, and my husband plays it all the time. We had no hacking problem because we use complex passwords and authentication. Any new login to your account - we receive an SMS with a confirmation code.

Thread Information