User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Canada Post is Garbage

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just hate Canada Post. In the past three months I have had gift cards I ordered arrive in a slashed envelope with the cards missing, my Samplesource never arrived, although it was sent and my parcels are often dropped off by a child who runs out of her mother's busted van and places my packages under downspouts, on top of my recycle bin and on the hood of my vehicle. Years ago, I had my degree destroyed and had to be re-sent another. (It was clearly marked by the University).

If I can ever select that my packages be delivered by ANY other service other than Canada Post, I do. I hate that it's an untouchable crown corporation. There is no recourse for their rotten service and terrible attitudes.

I any other business ran itself this way it would be finished. I hate that Canada Post is partnered with many 'Canadian' companies or other crown corporations. The LCBO collaboration is a perfect example: we won't deliver your booze, but we'll keep it at some location with hours worse than a liquor store and you can pick it up after showing 600 pieces of ID--

In comparison, my FedEx guy brought a mattress up on my porch because it was heavy, places my packages in inconspicuous locations and is great at his job.

Today, I had my US Weekly Magazines from the 4th, 11th and the 18th all arrive at once. Two are wet then dried and about as thick as a phone book.
    This thread is currently associated with: Canada Post, LCBO
    barbis9 and reemz like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not defending Canada Post with your experience, but there IS a recourse option... if you've already complained to Canada Post that is.

Contact the Ombudsman and file your complaint that your problem hasnt been resolved.

I usually have good service with CP but during the few times that I didnt (a replacement carrier who pulled a few stunts, for example) -- when Canada Post didnt satisify my issue, the Obudsman took care of it. The problem went away within a week or two of me contacting them. (I'm sure some investigation took place that confirmed my complaints)

During 3 seperate calls to them, on the above and similar situations, the problems were resolved.

So if you arent getting any satisfaction complaining to CP directly, contact the ombudsman: https://www.canadapost.ca/ombudsman/
    barbis9, Ciel, Poirot and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Canada Post isn't your problem. Your mail carrier is your problem. Have you tried calling to complain yet?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

My Canada Post parcel guy is great. He is contracted out by CP, as he has an unmarked van.

Call and complain and also contact the companies that are sending stuff too, as they need to know.

I feel for you, as I used to have the worst, miserable mail person, thankfully he retired.
    Ciel and walkonby like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Canada Post isn't your problem. Your mail carrier is your problem. Have you tried calling to complain yet?
    Yes. I have. I have complained to the ombudsman as well. The issues I have noted aren't just at one home, as I have lived in several other places. I haven't included the tracking numbers that lead to nowhere, door tags left with no parcel ever attempted to be delivered etc... I just think it's a terrible organization with a monopoly in Canada that provides sub-par services.
    Ciel likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Unprecedented times. Pay for prime service would be your only solution.

That said if you have neighbors mucking with your mail i'd be calling police or setting up a camera. I have no issue with Canada post and I commend the work they are doing delivering parcels. I would not want that job.
    Ciel, GoJays and walkonby like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They dont technically have a monopoly. There are several other options to get things delivered from one place to another.

UPS, FedEx, Purolator, CanPar, DHL (to name a few national couriers) and dozens of other regional and local options.

It's unfortunate you have had such a continual bad experience, but of all the couriers I just listed above, only FedEx can out-do CanadaPost as far as I'm concerned... but they also are considerably expensive. I wouldnt choose FedEx if it meant paying much more.

UPS is fine, but I have issues with how they drop and run...
    and dont get me started on Canpar or DHL or some of the local ones (BNI, I'm looking at you!)

I have MOSTLY great experiences with CP. There have been a few issues in the VERY MANY years I've been alive and dealing with them, and when an internal complaint didnt resolve it, the ombudsman did.
    Ciel, GoJays and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@alex78 Gotta say I have not heard of anyone having THAT kind of repeated bad service from CP even after living at different addresses? I'm sure something more can be done to escalate your complaints and get sub standard service improved.
    Ciel and GoJays like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by alex78 View Post
    Yes. I have. I have complained to the ombudsman as well. The issues I have noted aren't just at one home, as I have lived in several other places. I haven't included the tracking numbers that lead to nowhere, door tags left with no parcel ever attempted to be delivered etc... I just think it's a terrible organization with a monopoly in Canada that provides sub-par services.
    I don't have any issues with them. I get my parcels, letters, everything. They're not terrible at all and their services are not sub-par. I guess it's time to start paying the big bucks for the couriers.
    Ciel and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I've noticed two parcel services are using contractors with unmarked vehicles-the Purolator one had a large white commerical vehicle but no signage. And one parcel came courtesy of a big guy wearing a safety vest and driving a huge black SUV. It has me a bit concerned about safety with no clear company id on sides of vehicles. At least intelcomm deliveries from Amazon (for sibling) come from vans with signage and uniforms.

The last of four parcels ordered two weeks ago has yet to arrive. I'll have to ask about a tracking number as I am worried my box is with someone else at this point. And I have a certain feeling that all orders via CP through Quebec are being binned for a week until enough boxes make it worth CP's time to ship them to Ontario destinations. So far one vendor's orders are hitting two weeks from time of order to time of delivery. Tracking info usually has parcels in QC for at least a week before movement into Ontario occurs.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It was mentioned in the news yesterday that Canada Post delivered a package eight years after it was ordered online. https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/toront...-ago-1.4955170
    Last edited by My two Canadian cents; Wed, May 27th, 2020 at 06:32 AM.
    alex78 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I never had any issue with CP till recently. All the items carried by CP my family ordered from Amazon have been delayed and the tracking info is really vague. Thankfully, Amazon refunded me but they must have lost a lot of $$

has a post of 40s pages. Too lazy to read them all but it seems they are backed up somehow.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Terabithia View Post
    I never had any issue with CP till recently. All the items carried by CP my family ordered from Amazon have been delayed and the tracking info is really vague. Thankfully, Amazon refunded me but they must have lost a lot of $$ has a post of 40s pages. Too lazy to read them all but it seems they are backed up somehow.
    I'm still receiving letter mail as normal. So maybe it's only packages that are delayed?

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think it varies. Our carrier is great and we have received everything. Even sent a UK package to Penguin Pickup. Worked great.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by CheriLyn View Post
    I'm still receiving letter mail as normal. So maybe it's only packages that are delayed?
    You're exactly right...

As you all might expect, delays with CP is all due to Covid-19 and limited staff in sorting warehouses as they enforce social distancing practices.

That said, Here's what you should expect:

Most letter mail should run as normal. Letter mail movement in the warehouses and sorting facilities is automated for the most part. It doesnt require peronal handling, so no collective of people working in those spaces, for the most part... ergo no delays. The occasional personal hands-on that might need to be done with letter mail is otherwise "light" duty as things go.

Packages, on the other hand, require personal handling and scanning. Where you might have been able to have 15-20 people (as an example) do this at a particular facility, instead they're down to maybe 5-8 people. ADD to that with most retail stores and malls closed, more people have actually been shopping online, increasing the volume and making it worse still. It's almost like early Christmas season for them, with 50% LESS staff, instead of 50% more staff.

As such, emphasis is on Expedited parcels and priority packages with guaranteed delivery times. Anything without a Canada Post delivery guarantee is getting it's "last class" treatment and basically shoved aside trickling through whenever possible... or sometimes in small bursts. Things were fine, even in March when closures started but as this exercise continues, the backlog grows and grows.

So, yea... letter mail will get through but packages can expect delays.
    barbis9, luvthefree and CheriLyn like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information