User Tag List

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree2173Likes

Thread: June 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

angela -I had to call the offer when you spend $15 you get 25 airmiles ,plus my 1.00 off personal offer didn't go thru for ther pita rounds so he gave me 10 airmiles ,he said a lot of offers were not going thru all over Canada .

Popped over to sobeys and got ice cream for hubby and I and cones ,plus some chips for snacks and a lovely quarter watermelon on sale ,this time used my own bags and bagged the few items -plus I found my raisins as last week didn't know where they were in store .

Barbis - I don't drink any forms of coffee ,so an ice cap wouldn't appeal to me but thanks for the input anyway .

Not feeling great this morning my stomach is a bit sore ,I feel it is this heat ,can take it anymore when the humidity is there .So glad we are going into a bit cooler weather .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

WOW! Our town is busy. I had to pop to the office to pick something up and there are so many cars on the road.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I sold dill plants for $20. I have a dill forest growing in my pea patch.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just sold my old rollerblades for $60 Money emailed to me and moved into separate account

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

CT has Gift card deals

20% off Boston Pizza
    15% off Sport Chek and Mark's

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i am waiting on the rain to start again. it needs to break this heat.
    I am also waiting to hear back from a dc family. sigh. once i hear, i will have a plan pretty much in place for July and Aug, as long as i dont get shut down again.

supper is hotdogs, and fries. not fancy, but doable.
    work is killing me with the amount of cleaning.

a nail place here is opening friday... they put in a few rules, and are adding a covid tax. 5.00 per visit, or 5- 10 prcent of the treatment. my nails will be remaining done by me. i know it would help restart economy to start doing more.. however .. i simply cannot afford to . groceries are .. killing me, and with income .. irratic.. guess what.. all perks, extras are cancelled.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I am on two local free FB groups. People are REALLY respectful and pick up right away. I have the opposite problem I try to sell and people forget...yada yada, but on the free site everyone is so good. Not sure why!

Still not done report cards. Le sigh. Back to it.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I feel this on the extra speding, I am still slightly over budget on groceries and Mom is getting so few shifts each week we are on a need only basis

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    a nail place here is opening friday... they put in a few rules, and are adding a covid tax. 5.00 per visit, or 5- 10 prcent of the treatment. my nails will be remaining done by me. i know it would help restart economy to start doing more.. however .. i simply cannot afford to . groceries are .. killing me, and with income .. irratic.. guess what.. all perks, extras are cancelled.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I ordered an iPad case from Amazon last night, to protect the new iPad that we won. The iPad is waiting in the box until the case arrives. I paid for it with my Swagbucks gift cards. I plan on buying some pantry items soon. I’ve added items to my wish list, to keep an eye on the price.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    There are ways to reduce spending that quite a few people don't necessarily consider. For example, stocking up can mean buying amounts of things now that I won't finish using for months. That's fine when I have solid cash flow, but when money is tight, buying less or none keeps more money in my pocket to pay for current and short-term needs. This is particularly true when it comes to things that are likely to be available again at the same price. For instance, do I really need to buy several months' supply of lean ground beef if the advertised price is $3 a pound?

Another way is to redefine where the line is that differentiates need and want. Over and over again, I've seen people who, when short of cash, continue to spend on things they tell themselves they need, but really don't. Takeout is a common example, including but not limited to meals, snacks and coffee.

It's also not particularly unusual for people to use a different justification, along the lines of "It's only a buck or two." The thing is... when that buck or two is a regular expenditure, it can add up to quite a bit. Even $1 each weekday for coffee is over $20 a month, and that's assuming I have the self-discipline never to buy a munchie to go with it.

IDK how much if at all either of these examples applies to you. The important point is that if you focus on finding ways to spend less while setting aside your habits and preconceptions, it's very likely you'll find some, granted they may not all be easy or perfect.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dog had her grooming appointment today, she feels so much better!

I had 5 pick ups arranged for this morning. 2 have come already and the other 3 will be here soon. Will delete the ads once items are out the door!

Oldest DS emptied out a duffle bag of clothes. Told me he found the mystery to his missing socks lol. Everything should dry quickly with the breeze.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Jun 11th, 2020 at 12:55 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    There are ways to reduce spending that quite a few people don't necessarily consider. For example, stocking up can mean buying amounts of things now that I won't finish using for months. That's fine when I have solid cash flow, but when money is tight, buying less or none keeps more money in my pocket to pay for current and short-term needs. This is particularly true when it comes to things that are likely to be available again at the same price. For instance, do I really need to buy several months' supply of lean ground beef if the advertised price is $3 a pound?

Another way is to redefine where the line is that differentiates need and want. Over and over again, I've seen people who, when short of cash, continue to spend on things they tell themselves they need, but really don't. Takeout is a common example, including but not limited to meals, snacks and coffee.

It's also not particularly unusual for people to use a different justification, along the lines of "It's only a buck or two." The thing is... when that buck or two is a regular expenditure, it can add up to quite a bit. Even $1 each weekday for coffee is over $20 a month, and that's assuming I have the self-discipline never to buy a munchie to go with it.

IDK how much if at all either of these examples applies to you. The important point is that if you focus on finding ways to spend less while setting aside your habits and preconceptions, it's very likely you'll find some, granted they may not all be easy or perfect.
    thanks
    I am pretty good at cutting my budget, and going to a needs only basis.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok, plan for July and August in place. as long as we dont get a second wave.

i am getting very confusing information from people about 2nd wave. some belive it will happen soon... some believe this is blown out of proportion. my poor brain is a tad confused.

ok. Hubby is picking up a picnic table from my moms place. he is very pleased.

i have roast beef in the crockpot for supper. beef sandwiches, and potato wedges. good meal on a chilly day
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    I picked up some free masks from the A and W drive though yesterday-4 per person provided by the govt for each Albertan. Got 5 packages for my family plus DD's grandparents as they don't drive. I will likely save them for round 2 of the pandemic as our numbers are pretty good here now. I believe Health Canada recommends you use them if you cannot maintain social distance which I am able to do at grocery stores etc. Besides there is no point in me wearing one to protect others as I just had a negative Covid test anyway.
    @lizzie bargain interesting article in the newspaper about what a negative test could mean:
    https://www.thespec.com/opinion/cont...ign=hsop_78536
    Last edited by barbis9; Thu, Jun 11th, 2020 at 09:06 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and lizzie bargain like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My sister cleaned out her closet and offered me the 2 garbage bags full. She didn't think I would like anything. I grabbed a few things and have posted all the beautiful dresses. Have a few bites! But I know they will all sell since they are all like new and some new with tags and cheap I have a rack on my front porch so they can check them out before buying.

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information