User Tag List

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree2173Likes

Thread: June 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

My youngest DS left at 730 am today to go fishing with his friend. Glad he is out and enjoying summer!
    I made an egg on toasted English muffin for breakfast. I think I will make up taco meat for my boys since they love it and we have everything needed (wraps, lettuce, cheese, sour cream etc)

I have towels in the dryer to fold and put away. I should do another load to get it all done and put away.

Overcast day her at the moment. DS needs to cut the grass so maybe today is the day since its not so hot.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow - just received an email from Amex about a meal deal offer from Ritz hotel in Toronto, for pickup later this week. $50.00 all in (taxes and gratuities included!) ... grabbed it ... dinner sorted for later this week! They are doing some good things during this time.

Name:  meal.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  96.7 KB
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Mon, Jun 22nd, 2020 at 10:18 AM.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Taco meat cooked. Cheese and lettuce shredded. Veggies diced. Everything packed in its own container for east dinner prep later.
    Kitchen cleaned up!
    Now I should get rolling on posting stuff for sale.
    barbis9, Ciel and GoodBoy like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I did nothing yesterday which was nice but kind of sucks for my Meal Prepping, we now have no food ready for the week.

I was going to do some Meal Prepping today well I worked but that did not happen, instead I got pulled into a few meetings and dealing with a number of day to day issues.

I have to work tonight, I am on chat so we will see if I can get anything done. I highly doubt it as our house is quite hot, looking at the long range forecast I am not looking forward to this next stretch. It looks like the heat breaks for a couple days and than as far as he eye can see over 30.

Trying to make dinner, not going well. I made Rice in the Instant Pot and it did not work out so now I am on try 2, fingers crossed. I have never had rice not turn out in the Instant Pot.

Let's hope I can get about 30 minutes without chats so I can get dinner on the table.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@barbis9

How about "spreading COVID-19 is also for losers?" I wear a mask when in stores. I wear one glove only when pumping gas. To each their own. Masks are shown to work and if you can, wear one. I have a friend who chooses not to because she struggles with the feeling of it on her face and breathing her own breath. We both understand each others' choice and respect it! It also helps me to remember that young adults frontal lobes aren't fully developed and they say stupid things (if the person was younger).

Finished packing up my classroom and my basement is full. Ugh, we had just cleaned it. I moved a couple shelves of school owned items to my new room. Rest of the week will be celebrating with my class. We have three fun online events: a trivia event, a virtual field trip to the Galapagos and a movie. I am going to let my own kids join because their classes aren't doing much of anything. The youngest has an online meeting she can be a part of on Friday...I am thankful but not too hopeful as this will be the first live meeting their class has done.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  D6Mhm.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  182.9 KB
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Ciel : I am so sorry to read that you have a cancer I did not read that before take care and hugs to you my friend
    barbis9, Ciel, SassyAshley and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    @Ciel: I am so sorry to read that you have a cancer I did not read that before take care and hugs to you my friend
    Thanks, @cath007 . I'm reading a book on making some food changes to see if that helps with nutrition and pain reduction. Since this is the third humid June I have experience pain in the affected area, the pain is worse or more active. And Mom is not helping with her insistence on baking late Saturday (after 7pm) when it felt like 35C with humidity (the air felt still in the house and the sweat was something) or today with a pot of something steamy for over an hour.

I've allowed myself the indulgence of fan time in my room to cool off on a couple of nights as on Sat. night, I literally could not do much for 30min after getting home.

Today my brother wanted me to cut grass and I told him no for today and tomorrow. Besides, I'm not knocking myself out as much with yard chores-only as much as I can while weather allows and I have the energy for it.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

One upside to this morning's overcast sky was the clammy cool air, so off to Walmart's parking lot I went to get some Internet time. However, Mr. Wind must have been messing with the wi-fi signal-WM has two but only one signal was showing and it DROPPED several times, which was odd. I'm using the laptop today and tomorrow then passing it to my friend for her to use for the remainder of week.

Also my bangs were blowing into my eyes. I cut my bangs when I came home so now the wind won't bother my eyes.

Had a chat with someone who sees me walk around town-that was a good surprise.

Had my two laundry loads washed and hung on the outdoor lines before my morning walk. My hat project is waiting on me to make an effort to figure out where the brim and crown are not fitting.

The orange Crush 6pk is long gone (very hot and thirsty Saturday and Sunday at home) but I enjoyed three electronic books. For those of you familiar with Oakville, ON, do get the library e-book version of Plum Johnson's book, They Left Us Everything. She describes Oakville in the 1950s and growing up with a British father and American mother plus the labour of caring for parents when their health declines (and how she and her siblings deal with care issues plus later estate matters--the decluttering process with be familiar to SCers who have dealt with a loss in the family). Caution: one sibling also dies at home and the descriptions of his cancer might be tough for some readers to read.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Tonight's thunderstorms never happened -there was on and off rain sprinkling when the clouds got dramatic for 20 or so minutes. Big bonus-the cool air when the winds picked up speed! Now it's getting somewhat muggy again and it's after 8:38pm *I'm a human pancake right now.*
    barbis9, cath007 and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Despite having unsubscribed from the Long Tall Sally e-mails, I got one last week as the online entity will be closing in August. Last year this month, the company closed their last retail store in London, England (it was the last store left after North American stores all shuttered).

According to their website and Facebook page, LTS customers have been sending kind words and their orders. So if you are a tall woman and fairly certain of your sizing per LTS clothing and shoes, you might want to pop over to their website and see what you can score for yourself!
    barbis9, cath007 and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

just won 4 fpc for kellogs with a kellogs contest posted in a en fb couponning group...I dont remember the name of the contest..I will see in 2 days it is for witch products excited by this win! you can win up to 6 times by household...I will retry my luck tomorrow because now I have a migraine...

edit found the link:https://kelloggssoccer.com/registration
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Jun 22nd, 2020 at 10:15 PM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning

Why is it husbands walk to their own beat sometimes -uggg
    So i am getting ready for the dentist (cleaning) and hubby is cleaning the eavestrough on the outside (cleaned the inside the other day) .So we have to go around some bushes ,so he couldnt wait til i came back from dentist "it will be too hot then"meanwhile he started yesterday afternoon.

So i am holding the ladder trying behind the bushes then suddenly hubby pushes the ladder into the dirt or so he thought it was my toe ,i screamed .At least he didnt step on the ladder.Of course i had no shoes on .-ugggg men sometimes .
    So i have ice on my toe til i go to the dentist .
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I pulled a huge container of pasta sauce out of the freezer to thaw out for dinner. Cooking up the pasta now so it will be ready to just heat up in pan with the sauce for dinner. Happy to have that big container out of the freezer and a plan for dinner!

I just pulled 2 boxes from the garage to go thru to post for sale.
    barbis9, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Thanks, @cath007. I'm reading a book on making some food changes to see if that helps with nutrition and pain reduction. Since this is the third humid June I have experience pain in the affected area, the pain is worse or more active. And Mom is not helping with her insistence on baking late Saturday (after 7pm) when it felt like 35C with humidity (the air felt still in the house and the sweat was something) or today with a pot of something steamy for over an hour.

I've allowed myself the indulgence of fan time in my room to cool off on a couple of nights as on Sat. night, I literally could not do much for 30min after getting home.

Today my brother wanted me to cut grass and I told him no for today and tomorrow. Besides, I'm not knocking myself out as much with yard chores-only as much as I can while weather allows and I have the energy for it.
    I hear you about the heat. Do you have ice packs? I find they really help when the barometric pressure keeps changing and the humidity is high. I find the neck ice pack really helps. I'm sorry to hear about your cancer and the pain that you are experiencing - hugs to you.
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information