Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Nicksmom
  • 1 Post By Nicksmom
  • 1 Post By Nicksmom

Thread: Any coupons in town?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I am just wondering if anyone knows if there’s any coupons in town. Walked the whole store at Safeway on Arthur st and there was absolutely nothing.
    Does anyone know where there are any
    thanks in advance
    This thread is currently associated with: Safeway
    ROMEO likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicksmom View Post
    I am just wondering if anyone knows if there’s any coupons in town. Walked the whole store at Safeway on Arthur st and there was absolutely nothing.
    Does anyone know where there are any
    thanks in advance
    I'm in Toronto/GTA, so not 100% sure for Thunder Bay, but try Loblaw banner stores (NoFrills, Superstore, SDM) or Metro. They've been putting out tear pads in the last few weeks in Toronto.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thank you. Definitely check it out at some point this week.

Quote Originally Posted by CheriLyn View Post
    I'm in Toronto/GTA, so not 100% sure for Thunder Bay, but try Loblaw banner stores (NoFrills, Superstore, SDM) or Metro. They've been putting out tear pads in the last few weeks in Toronto.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Has anyone had any issues using printed coupons from p&g, SmartSource, any of those websites for nice coupons?
    CheriLyn likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Has anyone had any issues using printed coupons from p&g, SmartSource, any of those websites for nice coupons?
    P&g has always been finicky for me, so I try not to use it when there are other sites with the same coupons.
    But yeah, I've had a few error notifications when trying to print some of the smart source ones this morning. Is that what you are talking about?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

The ones I’m having more trouble with are the ones you need to have adobe reader. But mainly do you have any issues when using them at the stores? Because right now those would be the only ones I would be using (printed/internet). Until I can find tear pads/inserts (do they even make those anymore?!?

P&g has always been finicky for me, so I try not to use it when there are other sites with the same coupons.
    But yeah, I've had a few error notifications when trying to print some of the smart source ones this morning. Is that what you are talking about?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

The ones I’m having more trouble with are the ones you need to have adobe reader. But mainly do you have any issues when using them at the stores? Because right now those would be the only ones I would be using (printed/internet). Until I can find tear pads/inserts (do they even make those anymore?!?
    Maybe try checking your Adobe Reader by printing non coupon pdfs and see if they print okay? I'm not sure what type of problem your having with the Adobe Reader coupons so that's all I can suggest...

Most of the time, it's depending on the cashier. If one cashier doesn't accept them, try asking them if they could check with their manager. Or try with a different store/branch.

Usually Loblaws brand stores, including SDM are okay with accepting them. So do Metro, Sobeys, Longos.
    I have always had trouble using them at Canadian Tire. I never coupon at Canadian Tire. And 50/50 of the times at my local Freshco, I've had problems, depending on the cashier. But I feel like there's always a crowd at this store and they just don't want to enter more transactions if possible.

Print in colour if you can. If you can't, most stores do accept them black and white, but colour prints just make process easier, as they "seem?" more like coupons (and less like photocopies) for cashiers who haven't dealt with printables. But you can always switch to black and white to save money, once you're familiar with a particular store and know they're okay with printables.

UIDs - Really handy when cashier asks/eludes to your printables being copies of each other. Most printable coupon websites (I.e Smartsource, websaver, save.ca, p&g) and any sites that use these sites to host/generate their coupon usually have a Unique ID code. That's how you can tell they are not copies of each other. Each coupon you print will have a UID, even if they are they same type of coupon.

There's still the MoneySaver insert monthly, but not a lot of good coupons. Also, I've seen some people get the p&g ones in their mail, but not sure how/why
    Last edited by CheriLyn; Thu, Jun 25th, 2020 at 01:46 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Well look at you go. Thank you for all the information. Definitely try the adobe/PDF thing. Thank you

Maybe try checking your Adobe Reader by printing non coupon pdfs and see if they print okay? I'm not sure what type of problem your having with the Adobe Reader coupons so that's all I can suggest...

Most of the time, it's depending on the cashier. If one cashier doesn't accept them, try asking them if they could check with their manager. Or try with a different store/branch.

Usually Loblaws brand stores, including SDM are okay with accepting them. So do Metro, Sobeys, Longos.
    I have always had trouble using them at Canadian Tire. I never coupon at Canadian Tire. And 50/50 of the times at my local Freshco, I've had problems, depending on the cashier. But I feel like there's always a crowd at this store and they just don't want to enter more transactions if possible.

Print in colour if you can. If you can't, most stores do accept them black and white, but colour prints just make process easier, as they "seem?" more like coupons (and less like photocopies) for cashiers who haven't dealt with printables. But you can always switch to black and white to save money, once you're familiar with a particular store and know they're okay with printables.

UIDs - Really handy when cashier asks/eludes to your printables being copies of each other. Most printable coupon websites (I.e Smartsource, websaver, save.ca, p&g) and any sites that use these sites to host/generate their coupon usually have a Unique ID code. That's how you can tell they are not copies of each other. Each coupon you print will have a UID, even if they are they same type of coupon.

There's still the MoneySaver insert monthly, but not a lot of good coupons. Also, I've seen some people get the p&g ones in their mail, but not sure how/why
    CheriLyn likes this.

Thread Information