Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 3 Post By alex78
  • 1 Post By sleepysheep
  • 1 Post By dayrisrodriguez

Thread: Airmiles + Foodland/Sobeys = skanky :(

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Thanks to @Laurabelle81 for posting a great offer: Get 95 Airmiles when you buy anything at Sobeys offer (getmyoffers.ca).

Loaded the offer. Offer good at Foodland. Went to Foodland. Bought mushrooms. No miles.
    Chatted with them online. They gave me a number to call. Called the number. They said,
    "That offer is causing problems for many people".
    That's skanky!

Will get the offer in 7-10 business days.
    Wanted to get something today. Told them it's risking health going back and forth for this offer.

Went back to the chat. Told them that was not nice.

Miracle of miracles, the '7-10 business days' took only 7-10 minutes of work--> they gave me the miles.

That.was.a.lot.of.work. for 95 miles.

Don't think I will go after it again. Not worth it.
    This thread is currently associated with: Air Miles, Foodland, Sobeys
    barbis9, walkonby, alex78 and 1 others like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Agreed. I am super unimpressed with most of the Airmiles 'offers', such as spending @ $300 on various Airmiles shops and getting next to nothing back. Not a great program anymore. And I don't like having to chase down the miles by chatting or calling either.
    Ciel, Shwa Girl and luvthefree like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

People still use AirMiles?? I don't even bother pulling out my card anymore, even though it's right in my wallet.

Simple math will tell you that it costs approx $2000 to earn enough Airmiles to get a lousy 10 bucks back. Sure, there are bonus events, but even then the rewards aren't worth the effort. I have 100's of those stupid "dream miles" that I'll never be able to use because they only have 8 items now and they all cost a bazillion miles each. That's 1000's of dollars spent for nothing.

At least with the PCoptimum points they have real value and I generally get about 10% of whatever I buy back in points. The most I ever got with Airmiles was a set of headphones that took YEARS to earn, but with PC I earn something valuable every few months, like a laptop, PS4, games, etc. It's good value for now, at least.
    GoJays likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I do collect easily over 6000 miles just with the promos. I don’t have an airmiles gift card and don’t buy things we don’t need or won’t use. I stayed in amazing hotels here and the US and this year got a dyson vacuum with lower miles and a DeLonghi coffee maker! Is a matter of getting the hang of the program, be patient and keep log of the promos done because AM have partners not like PC where is an in house program so it takes a bit to get your miles. I’m doing both and couldn’t be happier!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    plc likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sleepysheep View Post
    People still use AirMiles?? I don't even bother pulling out my card anymore, even though it's right in my wallet.

Simple math will tell you that it costs approx $2000 to earn enough Airmiles to get a lousy 10 bucks back. Sure, there are bonus events, but even then the rewards aren't worth the effort. I have 100's of those stupid "dream miles" that I'll never be able to use because they only have 8 items now and they all cost a bazillion miles each. That's 1000's of dollars spent for nothing.

At least with the PCoptimum points they have real value and I generally get about 10% of whatever I buy back in points. The most I ever got with Airmiles was a set of headphones that took YEARS to earn, but with PC I earn something valuable every few months, like a laptop, PS4, games, etc. It's good value for now, at least.
    I do collect easily over 6000 miles just with the promos. I don’t have an airmiles gift card and don’t buy things we don’t need or won’t use. I stayed in amazing hotels here and the US and this year got a dyson vacuum with lower miles and a DeLonghi coffee maker! Is a matter of getting the hang of the program, be patient and keep log of the promos done because AM have partners not like PC where is an in house program so it takes a bit to get your miles. I’m doing both and couldn’t be happier!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information