User Tag List

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree1776Likes

Thread: July 2020 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Sad to see the weekend over but loving the cooler temps. I may go back to AC off windows open for the nights especially because DH and I work in the basement which gets so cold with the AC on. Did a great SDM shop yesterday. Spent 65.00 and earned 32000 PCO. Sadly used no coupons but have restocked on shampoo and won’t need to buy for the men for at least a year. Today I went to Sobeys only because I had a buy anything get 95 Air Miles offer. That’s too good to ignore. So I picked up some produce and iced coffee. Spent 15.00 earned 95 AM, used 4.00 in coupons and submitted 2.00 to Checkout 51. Not a bad shop IMO.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning!

A little excited to hear the info about Stage 3 today. Our area started with mandatory masks today.

Last night we had a huge salad with a burger for dinner. My guy makes the best salads. He tosses so much in them. And he bought really good feta. I made a lunch salad for him to just grab this morning on his way out the door since he is on the go all day.

I want to go to RCSS today or tomorrow and buy a few bags of the shrimp on sale. We tried it on Saturday in the pasta and liked it.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am thinking August might be busier for me as first my Mum is moving here from Toronto-she will stay with us and I will help her condo shopping. DH will likely fly there in awhile to get the pod packed. He also sees the surgeon today about his hip replacement so hopefully for my Mum's sake that won't happen too soon-I doubt it.

Meantime DD will also be moving in August into a bigger apt in Vancouver she is sharing with her BF and another friend of theirs-with splitting expenses 3 ways it should be cheaper. I am hoping she will be able to visit here in the first week of Sept before online classes get started again. Meantime I continue to work a couple of days per week but do have a couple of weeks off in August.

One day last week I went to visit friends camping in the mountains-we went for a 2 hr hike and on my way back to the city I saw a mother grizzly and 2 cubs-talk about lucky! A great frugal day for just the cost of gas.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Who would like these?

$1 off McCain 9 min wedges of breakfast potato Expire Dec 31/20

$1 off any on Folgers product Expire Feb 21/21
    Giseledta, Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Masks become mandatory here on Friday

I am currently obsessed with Kirkland Feta, we had never bought it because the container just seems so big for just the 2 of us but when we tried it, oh my we won't be going back to the other brand we used to buy. With it being so hot we are having more Salads so I am sure going through it will not be an issue

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Good morning!

A little excited to hear the info about Stage 3 today. Our area started with mandatory masks today.

Last night we had a huge salad with a burger for dinner. My guy makes the best salads. He tosses so much in them. And he bought really good feta. I made a lunch salad for him to just grab this morning on his way out the door since he is on the go all day.

I want to go to RCSS today or tomorrow and buy a few bags of the shrimp on sale. We tried it on Saturday in the pasta and liked it.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Masks become mandatory here on Friday

I am currently obsessed with Kirkland Feta, we had never bought it because the container just seems so big for just the 2 of us but when we tried it, oh my we won't be going back to the other brand we used to buy. With it being so hot we are having more Salads so I am sure going through it will not be an issue
    The feta is from Costco but I don't think it was Kirkland brand. It was good. I love Feta! Bbq a chicken breast and top with chopped up tomatoes with basil and then Feta yum yum!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Funny you should mention Feta-I just got back from Costco and bought a tub. I really like it too. My SIL says the secret is to keep it in the brine and not to contaminate the brine.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Goodish day here. I am happy I got half of my to do list for work done, normally half would not make me happy but this included a few bigger tasks. I wrote the minutes for a meeting held last week, I have never done this before and took me more time than I thought but I am sure the more I do it the better I will get. I also wrote 3 manuals, on the flip side I needed to make the 3 videos which I did not get done as there was too much noise for me to record today. I plan to try to record this first thing tomorrow morning before it gets noisey around here.

Mom is still sick she pushed through and tried to go to work but first we had to drop off her car to be looked at and she got sick along the way. So I brought her home, she has the next 2 days off so hopefully whatever this is through her system by Thursday.

Loving the cooler temperatures today but sad it is a work day as I got nothing done around the house. I thought about trying to get some stuff done well it was cool and try to cram in work later but I had too much on my to do list plus I really want to take Friday off. Although I still need to talk to my boss about this, I was waiting for approval on something else that I did not get so hopefully tomorrow.

Maybe after dinner I can get a few things done, we will see. I am still finding I am so tired once my work day is done that it is hard to get much done around the house.

Alright time to get a few things done. Have a great night everyone
    Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Evening -my daughter-in-law went back to work today ,so ashlyn and cara we watched til 3.30.Cara was running in back yard and fell and cut her little lip on the tiny trampoline ,i went to pick her up but she ran around saying "mommy come back "poor little one finally she let me hold her and put a small ice pack on it with a towel wrapped on it and hold her tight .

I got her to nap and did 2 loads of laundry for my daughter-in-law washed and folded .I do put the girls away but not my son's and daughter-in-law's clothing .

Supper was pasta nice and easy .The kiddie pool my son gave us 2 years ago -blow up now has 2 holes and i guess no pools are to be found anywhere for the little ones.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

CG-maybe duct tape?
    Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@lizzie bargain Grizzlies! Sheesh! I would have run for my life (or maybe that would have landed me dead).

Our region of Ontario is still Phase 2. We are a week behind other areas because we are less than 1 hour from Toronto. Our area (Niagara Region), is resisting mandatory masks. Our Chief Medical officer is not in favour and based on a community poll only 1/3 was in support. There was a 4.5 hour debate that had to be tabled to another time before a decision could be made.

I have decided I am not in favour of mandating. I am pro-mask. I wear mine when I go out and cannot guarantee someone coming into my space (basically shopping), there are many places that require one for entry. I think we will get better attitudes toward mask wearing without making it mandatory. I also think it is more equitable. We have very few cases. My children do better without masks. I have tried. We don't take them all out at once. Just one at time to give them a break from their siblings for a quick trip (not groceries). And, it is not like restaurants are going to be having patrons wear them to eat. My solution is not economy friendly, no confined spaces with lots of people.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Today I was successful in updating the budget! We are on track. I did some laundry. I changed our sheets after having to pull a (dog) tick from my husband on the weekend. Ew! But I did it! Changed the sheets right away and washed them today.

I also updated my to do list for the week which includes getting back outside and doing some weeding. I may procrastinate as I am enjoying a crime novel called The Grave Tattoo by Val McDermid based on the historical events from a ship called The Bounty 200 years ago. I watched the movie The Bounty (with Hopkins and Gibson) last evening for some context as to what the mutiny was all about. There were a lot of topless women in the film. Good for the people of the island they visit to feel so secure...me, not used to that sight!

@Angela273 We have been loading the van up with bikes and driving to the local sports park with huge empty parking lots and a little trail to ride with the kids after supper. I would totally bike with you if I could!
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all nice cool start of the day. Windows are open to let some fresh air in before it gets hotter.
    Kitchen is clean . Just need to tidy up the family room and give the entire house a good mop. Also there is laundry to put away .
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Granger-I was in the car so it was quite safe having the bears close!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I have slept really well the last few night well except for falling a sleep a little later than I would like but still enough to get some 6 to 7 solid hours of sleep in but I am still so tired and I do not know why.

I am still working 7 am to 8 pm, I sent an email to request reducing our Chat hours but have not gotten approval yet. I have been asked to discuss it in today's meeting to see what everyone else thinks. Little worried as you never know how these things will go as the team could decide we need it is new and we need to keep at it a few more months before we decide.

I was trying to record my tutorial videos this morning, that was fun. I think sometimes a neon sign goes off when I trying to record or am in a meeting as it gets so noisy and my mic was picking it all up. I did get them done but now I need to watch and listen to them to make sure with editing I can work with them. Sometimes you think you got them and than realize when you watch it back you messed something up.

Also very annoyed we had an appointment booked for someone to quote us on work we need done around the house, I had it booked for 10 am this morning, I got an email at 9:20 they weren't coming and moving my appointment to 1 pm, which does not work as I have a meeting at 2 pm I have to attend. There has been a lot of back and forth, then they thought they could come after their other 10 am appointment, then they tried to move us to 2:30 and now they threw out something about maybe 4. Honestly at this point I am not sure they are going to show up but they threw out there if it isn't today they do not know when we can rebook you for a quote so I am annoyed. Is this normal customer service???

I have so much I need to get done, work's to do list as long as nothing gets added is doable but I am worried now by the time I am done work it is going to be hot in our house, again making it hard to get anything done. Plus at some point hopefully we hear about Mom's car so we may need to go pick that up today too which normally would not be an issue but I believe they are on shortened hours due to Covid.

Okay, time to get back at it. Have a good day everyone
    Ciel likes this.

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information