User Tag List

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree1776Likes

Thread: July 2020 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Recycling day here today. Hopefully they don`t miss us today.

Tonight I plan on doing laundry and cleaning out the fridge and prepping dinner for tomorrow night. I will also putter around in the garage getting rid of the last bit of garbage/empty bottles etc. I want everything that can go gone before I start sweeping it and move shelves around.

Have a great day everyone!
    ROMEO, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just bought 2 x 2lbs bags of carrots for .25 each on Flash food. I have to go there later for the shrimp. Will cut one bag up right away into carrot sticks for snacking on and the other will be used for sides later this week.
    They get over stock and sell it cheap. The mushrooms I bought on Saturday were in perfect condition and actually in better shape then the ones for sale in the store at reg. price!
    ROMEO, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Okay, back to drawing board, they did show they did give us the quote but I am getting the feeling because it is not an easy job they were more trying to talk us out of moving forward. Although I guess the good news is we now know all of the obstacles.

Work is going well most of my to do list is done. The few things I have not checked off are because I need someone to get back to me. It was one of those days where the quick stuff that I should have been able to check off quickly is now proving to be more tricky.

It isn't too hot in the house yet but not sure I will get anything done after work as now I need to take Mom to get her car which may be tight between my meeting ending and getting their before they close.

I posted a few more things for sale over the weekend, I am getting watchers but no bites yet. I really wish I was in a position where we did not need the money for renovations and could just donate it and get it out of the house. But, if I just donate it I do not know how I would come up with the money for renos in a timely fashion as my house budget is not covering as much as I had hoped.

Alright let's see if I can get the last few things checked off before my meeting.
    ROMEO, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well we have ashlyn today ,did a load of laundry and hung it out .

Papa got ashlyn a mcdonalds cheeseburger and after lunch we walked in the heat (pulled ashlyn in a wagon)over to my daughter-in-laws cousin's house as she just had a sweet new baby girl last week(lena is her name) ,so we distanced to see the new baby and i gave her a gift and put a sweater and blanket in that my dear mom made years ago .(i still have a tote and a half left only a few blankets left thou about 5)

Just made chocolate shakes for all of us -yummm.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I did a contest a few months back ,inside a cherrios box was a code,so i inputed it .The contest was for 1,000 fit bits ,and i won .Of course i dont have a printer ,so i called around to see what library's were open ,none in my area as we are not in stage 3.

So i called the library and got a real person and she helped me thru the form and writing my signature on the computor with my hubby being a witness .So you could mail it the info and skill question or email it .So i emailed it with attachments ,hope i did it all right,new learning curve here.

I was pretty tired and not feeling great this afternoon ,i think it was walking at 1.00 p.m for 15 minutes in the heat .Anyway i feel better now .
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama our Flashfood is crap, never any deals. When I was in the office I often had great luck at the Maple leaf Gardens location. I have an appointment at Credit Valley Hospital this week and will be sure to check out the Loblaws by the hospital for deals. DS1 received his diploma in the mail today. He still has more certifications to go because get he want the highest level for a licensed gas fitter but at this point he is at least employable. He has his HVAC certification now. @coupongirl congratulations on the win. I love my fit bit.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Sobeys shop
    $31 OOP
    $3 in coupons
    89AM earned

2x $2.99 Rice Krispies Spring edition - $1 peelie on the box - $1 CO51

I also got a coupon for a free rotisserie chicken next time because they didn’t have any available when I went to the store at 7pm. That one took a few people, but ultimately worked out.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @Frugalbigmama our Flashfood is crap, never any deals. When I was in the office I often had great luck at the Maple leaf Gardens location. I have an appointment at Credit Valley Hospital this week and will be sure to check out the Loblaws by the hospital for deals. DS1 received his diploma in the mail today. He still has more certifications to go because get he want the highest level for a licensed gas fitter but at this point he is at least employable. He has his HVAC certification now. @coupongirl congratulations on the win. I love my fit bit.
    I notice mine has Laughing Cow cheese on for .25 cents now! If I had a wee one in school I would buy it and freeze it for school lunches! Yeah it is hit and miss. There hasn't been any veggie boxes the last few times I have looked but then again I could have missed them too.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump day!!

3 days of work for me then I am on vacation for 10 days With no where to go lol. Ah its all good. We have the beach and country side to explore. Will get out on the canoe for sure!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I got permission yesterday to adjust our chat hours, yippee. Now I have emailed my boss to see if I can take Friday off as I am just worn out from all of these 13 hour days.

Today I have a shorter to do list for work and I am thinking of moving some stuff to tomorrow. I need to edit some videos and I prefer to do this when I am alone so I do not need to wear earbuds as my allergies are causing my inner ears to hurt. So I might do this tomorrow instead because Mom is working.

I have spent most of my morning dealing with Day to Day stuff so maybe that will be my day today.

I contacted some more companies about the stuff we want to get quoted to be done around the house. Even after sending them all of the issues the company that came yesterday listed they have asked if they can come and quote the job, so I will set these up once I have Mom's schedule for next week. The one seems pretty confident he can make it work so we will see.

Laundry is going, I must say I love this flat rate Hydro so I can do laundry well I work and not have to tackle it on a weekend.

I was super excited yesterday I had a few people contact me about items I have for sale so thought maybe I could move some stuff out but as soon as I asked when they like to pick up they stopped answering me. If they do not answer today I will mark the items as still available.

Alright time to get back to work. Have a great everyone.
    ROMEO, Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

DS brought a huge pizza home last night so I took a few slices for my lunch today His brother will have some for lunch today I am sure.

Both boys work this evening so the house will be quiet for me to get at the laundry. Plan is to get it all done and put away! I also will start tackling the spare room closet. So much clothing in there that needs to go. Will take pics and post as I move it to the selling rack. Every $1 counts!
    So that is my to do list tonight. I need to start tackling the stuff needing done and not just the regular everyday stuff. My car is still full with stuff I need to drop off so hope I remember to do so on my way home.

PC pts- Don't forget to save offers you want to use in the next week. I haven't done it in weeks but need to get back at using the offers to my benefit and building my points.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I decided to put my mask on and do a fun shop ,slowely getting back to a new normal .Off to style encore to see what i can find (as its hard to find size L or xl online .I took a small tote in ,they didnt want any clothing i had brought in (no worries) I found a top from reitmans t-shirt looked brand new 8.00 and a long black skirt from eddie bauer size m and it fit me $10.00.That made my day .,oh and they are having no returns now but you can try things on .

Then into metro got my limit of 4 pasta .99 as i am trying to build it up.Found my 2 cases of A&W rootbear 6.00 each plus when you buy 2 get 25 airmiles .I spent $39.77 and got 36 airmiles
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Okay, got a lot done today. It wasn't most of the stuff on my to do list as I decided to move that to tomorrow when I have the house to myself. But I got a bunch of little stuff taken care of so that is off my plate.

Tonight I need to tidy up my budget, I got my grocery one done after my last pay but still need to work on our Take-Out and Household Budget. They have not really been used, I think we ordered pizza once when something happened and I couldn't cook and then we have my Wal-Mart stuff from a few weeks ago. I just want to see where we are if I need to move some money around at a later time. I thinking of keeping this as like an emergency fund if the second wave hits and something happens with our grocery budge.

I dealt with some Bananas I bought on our last shopping trip. I think something happened before I purchased them as they looked good in the store but a day or two after we bought them more of the ends went black and they started going bad. I really did not want to add more Bananas to the freezer but this was the only way to save them as I haven't been able to do any baking.

Still no word from the people who wanted the items. If I hear nothing by morning I will mark them all as still available. The rules of the group state we have to wait 24 hours.

Alright off to make dinner, tonight is Homemade Pork Meatballs in Sweet & Sour Sauce with Rice and some sort of veggie, they were out of Stir Fry mix last time we went shopping.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Update, the work day is done and I am so happy to not be working 13 hour days and I got Friday off I am so happy.

I think I have someone lined up to come give us another quote on doing the work on Saturday, another company has also offered to come Saturday as well but they aren't sure they can do the job. I would prefer to make sure we make time for the company who thinks they have options for us. I still realize they may still say they cannot but at the same time I do not want to waste anyone's time.

Budget is done, I am happy, I would like to have a bit more of a buffer in our grocery budget but if need be there are $$$ I can move to the grocery budget if needed. I am hoping that next month we will not need to buy meat which will really help but at the same time if I could find a good deal on Ground Beef I would be all over that as that is the one area I wouldn't mind having a bit more on hand.

I also updated our master shopping list, I am trying to track how much of the items we buy all the time we use so I can make sure we have some safety stock on hand just in case. if a second wave hits, I am hoping to avoid the panic we had the first time of rushing around to find a few things we thought oh we will grab those later, I want to try to stay fully stocked just in case.

I have also been working on a little side project for myself and I managed to get some time to work on that tonight.

It is amazing how much time I have when I am not working till 8 pm.

Have a great night everyone.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Wed, Jul 15th, 2020 at 09:01 PM.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I finally get to hold my new nephew tomorrow! I am soooooo excited.

My COVID result finally came in. Negative. So now I can visit my grandparents...but they announced today no COVID test needed now.

Been feeling a little out of sorts as some people are ready for the world and many still hiding and not a lot in between...so I was really encouraged when my sister texted about holding my new nephew today. So our new rule is parents and siblings in our bubble and still try to exercise caution. All other contacts 6 feet. We will not be going any where despite openings.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information