User Tag List

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree1776Likes

Thread: July 2020 Frugal Chatter

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Congrats on being able to hold your nephew.

I get how that feels every time my cousin's wife posts photos of their baby who is quickly growing that he needs to stop growing as his Aunt cannot come visit and cuddle him.

Although I do randomly get facetime calls from a little blonde (their 5 year old daughter) who always seems to hand me off to their middle child, having a conversation with a 2 yea old over Facetime is interesting.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -today is my hubby,s 61st birthday ,he doesnt want to dine out on a patio ,infact my daughter did in toronto and didnt care for the experience with her hubby and son (it was a brunch or breakfast)

So if he feels like it i will pick up fish and chips from his favourite place ,he will let me know .

We finished painting the front facia and trim yesterday -i helped my hubby holding the ladder ,looks so clean and fresh .

Yesterday i cooked a lovely chicken breast ,mashed potatoes an steamed carrots .It was so nice to have a nice meal .

Granger congrats on holding the new little nefew ,enjoy.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Jul 16th, 2020 at 08:06 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Thursday finally. Have a busy work day but it should go by smoothly and quickly I hope. Then tomorrow tie up loose ends before vacation

The rain just started here now. Suppose to be humid. I am wearing jeans lol. Gotta keep putting them on to keep myself honest haha!

I didn't tackle anything last night but tidy the kitchen.

I just ordered a large quiche for $2 on Flashapp. Will have for dinner with salad in the next few days. I welcome any easy quick vegetarian options!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Oh wow just got my hydro and water bill and it is $70.00 more than last month -ahhh the joys of a extra hot summer

Just got my car and house insurance renegotiated saving a couple hundred in the process.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Jul 16th, 2020 at 02:50 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby and i treated ourselves(for his birthday) to wings and fries from fortinos hot foods came to $29.13-20.00 in p.c points -4,800 personal points= $4.33 for a nice takeout meal .

Nice to see their hot foods open again at fortinos .Plus i grabbed 4 more pkgs pasta it was on sale .99=now i have 10 in my stockpile .
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!!! Received last week my 5 fpcs from kellogs contest.Today I received my 2 x 7,00$ nestle voucher from my complaint about bad ice cream.Dad will spend those on nescafe instant coffee x4 jars because at maxi and cie it is 3,77$ plus we have an offer so it will be free in a certain manner,Starting to writhe to compagnies since I have the evening to myself.So far I wrothe to Maple Leaf,Purina,Colgate-Palmolive a slow start but it is a start at least.Just let see if they will send coupons or email back.

Also have 10$ in pc points to spend will go to the litter of my cat eve.Speaking of eve she do less crisis of asmas then before,it is encouraging,it is like per period

Supper is sushis a little treat to myself

And maybe I will do clean up tonight.Need to change my mind,tomorrow it will be 13 years since my dear loved mom passed away...she was only 57 years old....really to young..that is still painfull so I need to change my mind,

Alright have a beautiful evening and night everyone!!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Forgot to add father purchased today 2 protective masks 4$ each at dollorama since it is obligatory by saturday
    Hum.,..I have mixed feeling about the return to school in september...I receive my letter and we are supposed to subscribe with a mask and I wont be surprise if in september we will worn mask in class....???
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Appointment at the hospital went ok. I did not freak out when placed in the MRI. Last year I had a panic attack. So I explained my anxiety about this to the tech and she was awesome. I have had them at least 6 yrs in a row and never an issue until last year so I was absolutely grateful for their compassion. I am high risk for breast cancer so it’s a necessary screening. I did take advantage of being so close to Loblaws and they had lots of PCO offers so I earned 13000 points on 60.00 and submitted 2.00 to Checkout 51 and another 5.00 Master card. I have a kid that loves Rice Krispies and since it’s a sugar free cereal I like buying it for him. I even used coupons which always seems like a win now.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I took the kids to a new park and spray pad that’s near our public library. We picked up the bag of books that I had ordered. When we started to leave the park on our bike, a police officer stopped us and gave us rewards for wearing our helmets.
    4x small Slurpee FPCs for the kids
    1x $5 gift card to 7-Eleven for me

I have 2 pickups that I’m waiting on.
    I had a $5 sale this afternoon.
    Yesterday I harvested and sold 2 bread bags of baby beets from my garden.
    I’m waiting for someone to pick up a bread bag of leaf lettuce this evening.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Jul 16th, 2020 at 09:45 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@lilo0003

Your 6 years of MRI stress or "without issue" is probably what caused the panic attack. It wasn't you. It was your brain. It made of pathway of not liking it so year 7 it reacted! Don't feel bad. I am glad it went well this time and you had a supportive nurse.

I went through trauma at school (work) and my brain started associating stress with going to work (almost 2 years after the event). So two years of stress and being "fine." I also was having hormone fluctuations from going off the pill. I started having daily migraines last year and eventually panic attacks. 2 years after the fact. I did everything to stop them including therapy.

I was healthy and as soon as September approached headaches started up I again. I went on an anti-depressant mostly because therapy had taught me what the trauma did to my brain and why. It took about 4 weeks but my headaches went away and I went back to normal. Not that everyone needs medication (or permanently)...just no shame if you do. No different than insulin if you are diabetic.

I am trying to speak up now, because there are a lot of people who can benefit from that voice. A good friend of mine told me people go on medication they just don't talk about it. I later found out my mom went on for a short period of time and didn't tell anyone. It was her opinion I was worried about the most and she said it helped for that season of her life. And, genetics!!!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Granger so true. I spent 18 months freaking out over it and I am a counsellor but no amount of self counsel helped. I did check in with friends today because they knew my panic so that helped to ground me. I know last year what set me off was how I was literally slammed inside the MIR and being somewhat claustrophobic that was the end of me. So knowing that helped me ask for what I needed today and I know I won’t spend the next year freaking out about it. If we don’t ask for what we need we will never get it and good for you for not giving up and making sure you got what you needed to heel. Had it not been for Covid I had planned to see my doctor for anti anxiety med to make this easily but in the end it worked out.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo-so glad your mri went good for you .I have had one in my lifetime ,not the easiest.

I have 3 people in my immediate family that are on meds ,one doesnt want people to know .So we must respect that ,its a stigma for sure in our society.

I almost years ago went on meds ,but it was trauma had a break-in at our old house then i lost my job ,my mom was really sick and i was running to her ,working part -time -i had alot on my plate at that time and couldnt control any of it.I got thru it thou and didnt take anything but it took time for me to heal .My doctor said he was there for me if needed ,nice to have an understanding doctor.

Just thought i would share.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Jul 16th, 2020 at 10:09 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning and TGIF!!!

I am finally looking forward to being off on vacation. At 1st I didn't want to take any now since we can't really go anywhere but now I am happy I will be off and away from work for over 10 days. I think I need a break.

DS put his expensive camera to use last night helping his brother out with a project. So happy they have each other and get along.

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I do think a lot of people suffer with various issues because of the fear of sharing and looking different.

I have found even to hear that other people are in the same boat can be helpful. I know for myself I have sat there at times and questioned what is wrong with me, how do other people do this and I cannot. Then one day you just have one of those days and something and all of a sudden you realize you are not the only one in this boat, it can be helpful.

I know for myself it is hard because we were always taught not to share except with our family but sometimes your family cannot support you on certain issues. It took me a lot of time to be able to open up to a small group of people, before I was always like don't say anything don't show any emotion just smile because that is what we were told growing up.

This is where I can really appreciate this forum, where you can find the support and yes in a way we are anonymous. I feel I can be more open and not have to worry someone says something to the wrong person or it getting back to the wrong person. I have had that before someone heard something and usually out of context gets taken back to my Dad and then comes the chat.

I am not saying everything can be fixed by sharing but I think being more open helps so we do not all feel so alone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Yes cancelled our house and car insurance ,and going with a new company-saving a few hundred in the process .

Just hung a load of laundry out .
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information