User Tag List

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree1776Likes

Thread: July 2020 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Daycare girl was here late again tonight, so OT for me.

I won 14SB on Swagbucks live tonight + 3 free rejoins.

Person who no showed yesterday contacted me and apologized. She got locked out of her account. I’ve now received payment and the item is waiting outside for her to pick up.

I also sold $11 in dill and dill plants to a lady earlier today.

We spent time in the yard this morning. Our forecasted thunderstorm continued to get postponed throughout the day, so we also bikes to a park before supper. We are bowing hearing thunder, but still waiting for the rain. I might still have to water my garden this evening. Overall, a pretty frugal day.
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning ,mended a gauzy type dress.Vacuumed the upstairs ,not gonna over exert myself today .
    It is so nice having a week off from watching the grandkids .
    Keep cool everyone!
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning.

We went to Wasaga Beach yesterday early evening and walked near the beach but it was so windy. Walked along side streets and checked out all the cottages. Then we odered a Domino's 50% off pizza to pick up on way home we watched The Secret Life of Pets 2 but i fell asleep at the end lol.
    Relaxing with coffee now before we get rolling. Thinking we will head to Blue Mountain to explore a few waterfalls.

Have a nice day everyone!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went to do a return to winners today at 10.00 a.m but doesnt open til 11.00 a.m so will do another day .Off to sobeys for a few specials ,scooped a babybel then got .50 cents off the second one = credit of $6.49.

For a treat bought ganong chocolates from down east -so yummy 2.99 a bag .We all need treats sometimes .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Jul 21st, 2020 at 03:41 PM.
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I've had it with a couple things around the home. Including an acting up toilet, sink and not having blinds/curtains in our living area. DH has already replaced the sink and toilet. I have to paint a little before I can finished mounting the new curtains. Thank you to the previous home owner who painted around the last set of blinds.

Impulse replacements that have been on the back burner. We have had the windows without curtains for 3 years. Sink started producing drain flies last summer. We got rid of them...but they returned this summer. And, then the toilet was taking three flushes to flush properly. We have some budget margin this month...time to fit in our new purchases.

We spent less than anticipated on bathroom supplies and more on curtains so hopefully it will even out.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Granger, sound like the people who used to lived in your house might be related the people who owned my house. A lot of things looked good when we looked at the house but after they moved out and it was stuff you could not see until you were in the house. Like exactly painting around things or that there theory on everything was the bigger the better and the hole they left in the walls as they used the biggest screws possible.

All of these are on my to do list to tackle, I have start trying to look more long term in terms of okay let's have the basement done by X, then we can do Y and so on, my goal right now is to have the main floor set up and ready so hopefully by Shut Down I can paint if not earlier.
    Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

purina and colgate palmolive said yes to coupons so far...I am a little annoyed to see I had to chat with colgate palmolive because I got no response to my extra sweet email after 4 days so I suspect I will have less coupons
    Ciel likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I saw a 5$ proplan coupon from purina site but I am out of ink ...so I did try but the coupon did not come trought....
    Ciel likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Another day that did not go as planned. We had a new staff member start this week and I was told I would be sent a schedule of when she would be available to work with me, I did not get a schedule but was contacted yesterday to ask when I would be in the branch. I was waiting for some answer I did not get so this morning I just went in and got started.

Dropped Mom's car off, they still cannot find anything wrong with it so we will see, we will pick it up tomorrow.

Enjoying that today is cooler, we are going to try making Homemade Pizza for dinner, hoping it does not heat up the house too much. I am hoping this curves the Pizza craving and we can move away from the temptation to order take-out. I find I am good without Take-Out but Mom has been pushing and mostly for pizza so hopefully this will fill the craving.

I would have liked to get a few things done around the house tonight but I need to catch up a bit on work so we will see.

Kind of disappointed I never got the quote on the work to be done around the house, I am starting to feel like no one wants to take the job on right now. Maybe this is a sign we shouldn't move forward?
    Ciel likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi all.
    Over a 3 hour hike today. So beautiful and we took lots of pictures. We brought snacks, took the long way home for a nice drive then made dinner when we got home. No money spent today!

Tomorrow get some things done around the house.

Thursday we are taking a road trip to Bala. Youngest DS is off work and coming. I have containers of ice in fridge for the cooler.

I should sleep good tonight! Night!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning, just ordered off the gap ,need to get working on my grandkids birthday gifts for fall (socks cheap for sebastian 2.99 for 2 pairs and a pair of joggers for 9.00)cute t-shirt for ashlyn 2.30 from old navy and 2 pairs of mens socks for xmas 3.99 each old navy .Since i dont feel ilke going into the malls just yet ,may as well look for a few deals online ,plus you only need to spend $25 or more for free shipping .

The only down fall is waiting almost a month for your items ,but the clothing for sebastian is for his birthday in sept anyway.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well it has been a busy time-DD's birth grandma passed away on Monday and there are no local functioning relatives ( Grandpa has dementia) to look after her affairs. We have been busy picking up belongings from the hospital, searching the apt for SIN numbers, will etc as her sister is making the arrangements from Newfoundland.

DD felt bad going through her purse and me the apt but somebody needed to do it. Anyway hopefully by next week the small internment will be done here and sadly the Grandpa will now have to move to a nursing home. Hopefully all of you have ensured that your loved ones can find documents quickly and easily at such a time. I brought some boxes home and will be going through bank statements etc today and looking for utilities etc which need to be cancelled. I found last years tax return and will send to her sister in order to help file her estate tax return next year.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lizzie sorry for your loss .

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby and i were gonna go to niagara on the lake ,we have a lovley take out place we wanted to bring the food home ,but i just decided againest it .
    This summer is just too hot to walk around and put a mask on going in and out of the small stores in niagara on the lake .(its not that i dont mind wearing a mask)It just doesnt sound enjoyable .I have a bit of anxiety about it anyway .

Looking forward to seeing our kids and grandkids on sunday all 9 of us and celebrating Hubby's birthday at my son's house .
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

So sorry for your family's loss Lizzie
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information