User Tag List

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree1776Likes

Thread: July 2020 Frugal Chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Took a little trip with hubby to bennetts apple and cider farm outlet .I got a 10 pound bag of macintosh for 5.99 and i will share some with my kids ,pears were 1.99 a pound ,corn 1.00 all local ontario farmers so nice and fresh.

Splurge was the apple cider donuts 6 for 4.99 -sooo yummy first time having them -all in all i spent $36 and its soo fresh .
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I had to go into the branch today but I ended up staying almost 3 hours more than I had planned. I had hoped to leave at Lunch Time but did not get home until almost 3.

Good News, I got my whole to do list for today which included a few things that were sent to me today and needed to be added. Most of them I could have done tomorrow but since I had the time today I decided to just get it done.

Kind of work, kind of home, when I was done work I started to sort through all the papers I have laying around, most are work papers. I have an extreme love for notepads but I tend to use multiple note pads at the same time and leave them laying around. So I gathered them all up, went through them all put what I needed to keep in my Black Book and got then was able to get rid of what I do not need. I have limited myself to 2 notepads which I will keep with my laptop and all others have been put in my work basket to be used when these notepads are done.

It looks like I officially work remotely, I found out today someone else is being moved into my desk. I will need to pack up my office next week, I am hoping to pass off most of what I have in my office as I do not want it at home. Since I do not have a home office I try to keep stuff for my work as minimal as possible. I may need to seriously consider putting a small desk in the Living Room.

I needed dinner to be simple and I was not finding it too hot in the house so I took a chance and am using the over to make Homemade Meatloaf and Homemade Mac N Cheese I pulled from the freezer, now I just need to find some veggies to go with it. I must admit sitting here, oh it smells so good I cannot wait for dinner.

Have a great evening everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I have at least 15 compagnies I want to contact for coupons.Will sure try to tidy up this on the week end and now.But I dont own a cellular so trading can be difficult on those trading fb site because now everybody want a video on mailing the coupons....

I will try to trade in here its nice to trust each others
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We are under a heat advisory and a thunder storm watch. It was 42 with the humidex this afternoon.

I managed to complete 3 coupon trades. I requested my next rebate cheque from CO51.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    It is supposed to get really hot again this weekend, grrrr, this heat will be the end of me

I am not sure if it was from wearing a mask all day yesterday or just my allergies really bothering me but I was up a lot last night with my throat and the back of my mouth itching. When I first got up this morning I was feeling better but once I was up and moving it was bugging me again. I took an allergy pill and it seems to be helping but now they are cutting the grass (I am allergic to grass) so I may need to take a decongestant.

I have a lot on my plate to get done today but I think I an get most of it done. I would really like to not work this weekend, but if my options are a little bit of work this weekend and getting Friday off or this week off but working next weekend I will do a little bit of work this weekend. Everything on my plate is computer work I could do at night well I am watching TV.

I was trying to plan some meal prepping for the weekend but I am just not sure with this heat of my plan. Maybe I will try a meal plan first and see where I can go from there. I also need to some cleaning but if it gets as hot as they are saying it will, the cleaning will not happen.

I do not need to grocery shop but I made the mistake last night of looking at the No Frills flyer and now I want to shop, I saw a few good deals I wouldn't mind picking up so I will need to decide if I want to do a mid month shop or just push through until our next once a month shop.

Time to get back to work. Have a great day everyone.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good day!
    Made a late breakfast for my honey and DS. Cleaned kitchen. Now waiting for my service provider for massage to come let me in. My 1st massage this year in town ( had one in Mexico in February and it was really good!)
    Not sure how I'm going to enjoy it wearing a mask but will give it a try.
    Of course the price has gone up here too.
    Driving DS and his friend to the beach when i am done here.
    Million things to do at home but i may just enjoy the weekend and power through next week.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Popped over to sobeys for some 1.00 specials ,got mens dove deodorant for 4.00-2.00 cpn=2.00 so got the 3 for hubby (thanks lilo)I saved 11.49 in coupons most i have used since covid started ,so that felt good .

Then cut the back lawn without stopping ,was sweating on my face -ahhh .I have a load in the wash and i made an apple crumble this morning .

I also gave each neighbour some apples 4 to one and 7 to another and my friend 4 a few doors down ,they all enjoyed that and thanked me .One neighbour gave me 3 jars of homemade jam ,rang my doorbell and she backed up and asked me to save the jars for her (no problem .)

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Used my Kellogg's FPC for a box of Cheezits this afternoon. That is the sum total of my day! 😂

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    I must have tweaked my back somehow, I think it might have been the chair I used when I was in the office yesterday as all of a sudden I am having little back spasms, hopefully this stops by tomorrow.

I did not get through my full to do list today but let's be real here, I expected I may not get it all done. I knew my to do list was ambitious and possibly even unachievable in one day. I am happy with everything I got done as I actually expected to get less done. I had a super productive day and I am happy.

Now I need to figure out a plan for the weekend, I read that most of Ontario will be under a Heat Dome this weekend, yippee LOL. I am hopeful, it is supposed to start to get hot tomorrow but the real heat come Sunday so hopefully tomorrow morning I can get some stuff done before it becomes too hot, fingers crossed.

I think I am going to call it an early night, Have a good night everyone

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@coupongirl thanks for pointing out the Dove sale. With three men in this house we go through a lot of deodorant and dove is their favourite. I am now on vacation until August 4th. Woo hoo.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good evening.
    went to the store, to get my moms grocery order. i picked up groceries for me as well.
    i used 3 coupons, the cashier was not impressed. i emailed the store and asked for clarification of thier coupon policy. i received a response back .. they do.

i plan on getting up early and getting some gardening done before the heat hits .
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

giseldta-why are cashiers still like this ?All my years of couponing i still see this also the odd time thou.

I went to shoppers for 8.00 a.m (stuck to my list) and i dont always do that One good deal i got was gain 3.99 bought 3 plus points =3.19 each .Cashier told me the seniors everyday discount is ending on july31/20.I said well it was good while it lasted .She was telling regular customers .

Washing sheets ,as daughter /hubby and sebastian will sleep over tonight ,the we celebrate all 9 of us on sunday for hubby's birthday .

Rant -the second time i have washed the new pillowcase i bought and it has come apart at the seam (tiny in the corner of the pilowcase) thing are not being sewn as good as years ago ,will have to hand stitch
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Jul 25th, 2020 at 11:01 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Yes i got an automated call from the library -a book is in set up an appt to pick up .Now i can add a fun thing to my life my books i have on hold and movies.It is not open to browsing thou ,just for holds i think .Library must have been part of stage 3 ,so happy i am .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Coupongirl - it was... upsetting. i recieved a response late last night asking who was the cashier .. and yes coupons are accepted.. thats it. i hope he does a bit more follow up.

any hoo... got up early, hubby power washed part ofthe house, i weeded the veggies and the flowers.
    went to dollareama ,and sdm . submitted both to caddle. love that.

plan is a bit of tidying up outside, vac the playroom. and clean the kitchen .
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Was up this morning and was so excited that it was cooler so I got to work right away. I must admit the cool did not last long by about 9:30 it was getting warm even with a fan going. My goal was to be done by noon, I did not met my goal I wasn't done until 1 pm but this included that I put tonight's dinner in the slow cooker.

This morning, I got the following done:
    Made a batch of Ricotta Pancakes, Mom does not like these as they are dense which is what I like about them, they are dense and cheesy and give a bit of a Cheesecake feel. I must had used a different recipe as these one were much fluffer so maybe Mom will like them. I actually make them to use as a dessert.

To go with the Pancakes I made a Triple Berry Sauce using the frozen berries I have been buying from Costco, the package has Blueberries, Raspberry & Blackberries.

Then I also made a batch of Whipped Cream which I have put in the fridge to go with the berry sauce and the pancakes.

Spreadable have also been made our last batch longer which makes me happy as butter is not cheap so hopefully I won't need as much butter on our next shop.

Romaine Lettuce has been chopped and washed for the week, I also cut up a cucumber so I can just add it to Salads.

I also made a Beef Stir Fry using Celery, an Orange Pepper (this was on it's last legs and need to be used or tossed) and some frozen veggies. This is why I love Stir Fry, you can use whatever you have on hand.

I am trying a new recipe in the Slow Cooker tonight, it is Italian Chicken and Potatoes, I decided to change up the recipe a touch, the original recipe does not call for liquid which made me a bit nervous and I saw some comments that people had some issues not using liquid so I added 1/2 Cup of Turkey Stock I had in the freezer. I will also make a Salad to go with this.

I think I could have gotten everything done quicker but I did not want to use the stove so everything was cooked in the electric skillet so I had to keep waiting for it cool so I could wash the skillet and use it again.

I also cleaned the kitchen down, the floors still need to be done but by the time I got the counter and everything done it was getting too warm, maybe tomorrow morning. I also need to make a batch of rice in the Pressure Cooker, again maybe tomorrow.

I am happy with what I got done and now I think I am going to relax. Really looking forward to the fact I have dinner in the Slow Cooker so now all I need to do is make a Salad and we have dinner tonight.

Have a great day everyone.
    Ciel likes this.

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information