User Tag List

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast
Like Tree1776Likes

Thread: July 2020 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JadeAngel View Post
    @Granger and @Angela273 - Lots of birthdays this week. My daughter just turned 14 and will be going to high school next school year. She has Autism with Global Developmental Delay. I stopped buying her Christmas and Birthday presents after we bought her a Refurbished iPad. She was never big on toys. But she is obsessed with watching tv.
    @Frugalbigmama - I just bought my son his snow pants for this year. Not gonna wait until mid-August to buy one like last year and ended up with out of stock sizes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I always shop that way too . Im usually ready for back to school in June for September.
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

If I will complain all depends on the situation. If it the day before it expires and it is off I won't complain but if I bought something and the next day it is bad and still has a week or more until it should expire I will complain, although in most of these cases I take it back to the store for a refund.

For the pepsi it would all depend on how long I had the case as you never know what happen. If I noticed it right when I got it home again I probably would have taken it back to the store not go to the company.

But I will say I overly inspect everything I buy, I check all my produce, I check packages and expiry dates before I even put it in my cart. I know with Covid people say only touch if you are going to buy but if I pick up a package of lettuce and it is already turning brown back in the pile it goes.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Wed, Jul 29th, 2020 at 06:02 PM.
    Ciel, lilo0003 and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well had to drop DS off at work so thought i better stop at No Frills for the $2 huggies wipes ( i use to take off make up) they had a bunker with Lean Ground beef 375 g size for $2. Perfect to pull out to make for taco salad or nachos so i grabbed 5. 4 bags of $1 fries and 3 huggies wipes. Redeemed $20 in pts paid .78 tax. Then to shoppers to shop for work and received 16000 pts so almost a wash!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Jul 29th, 2020 at 06:25 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

yeah I noticed 1 week later because i had another case to drink....and i just put the bill into garbage the day I shopped...so returned to the store was not an option...
    Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    yeah I noticed 1 week later because i had another case to drink....and i just put the bill into garbage the day I shopped...so returned to the store was not an option...
    I would just look over the other cans to see if any might be dinged or damaged. I remember one 12 can case of pop (store brand?)-at least 4 cans of pop were flat or almost flat in the case. I ended up pouring the rest down the drain because I want my pop to be fizzy not funny.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Heat Dome in Ontario best be gone this weekend for a long time. Without Gatorade, I probably would be lying in bed most of the time.
    But the library re-opened yesterday (MEGA-JOY-printer access!), so a little air-conditioning is now part of my life. I'd love to win a Dyson Hot & Cold unit, but meantime my little fan from Canadian Tire comes in useful on some nights that are too hot to move in.

Decided to cut or remove crabgrass from front and back sidewalks-Ms. Sunshine gave my arms some red heat. Ouchy ouchy. Got laundry done before and after grasswork plus another shower to cool down. More Gatorade. Weekend plan is get some fruit by delivery or cart one way or another. National Watermelon Day is apparently on AUgust 3 and I want watermelon chilled and ready for the occasion.

Realized that finding an ironing pad cover that fits and looks good for an old ironing board with wide nose end is going to be a task for online. Hudson bay only carries a mocha design(online buy only) and not the floral one from 2016. Most ironing pads fit narrow nose boards. Mom's reply to my suggestion to buying a new board with a pad-No, we have an ironing board already (insert my facepalm here).

I've printed off 4 bus schedules and have maybe 1 more page left to print before computer shuts down in a few minutes. Keep cool everyone and dream of a happy cloud bus that takes you to a fun and happy place. Or watch True and the Rainbow Kingdom on CBC Kids--it gives me such happy feelings! I want Bartelby as a cat.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Bought three second hand pairs of shoes online for $16 total. One is a pair of Nike and another a pair of Vans. They are for my older two for back to school. Like new! Happy happy.

I also bought a bunch of books online as I am trying to keep the girls busy with reading and taking a break from our tablet books and screen time. Spent $30 dollars but probably got 15 books in great condition!

Hubby has some 3D printing orders coming in and is pulpit filling for a pastor on vacation which will help with the budget this upcoming month.

We also were offered cottage use (again) by friends and took them up on the offer. We weren't sure they would offer with COVID and as we are no longer serving at their church. So we will be spending 5 days next week on a private campground with a pool (yay yay yay!!!) Our only cost will be fuel and any expenditures! Nicest people and we are so grateful for their generosity.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    So nice to wake up to these cooler temperatures, I have all the windows open and letting some fresh air which I am loving, I found our house was feeling stuffy.

Surprise, Surprise, yesterday I had a buyer I have dealt with before contact me as I have all my clothes on buy 1 get 1 free until the end of July. She is on vacation and asked if I would honour the buy 1 get 1 if she picked up Saturday, sure I have no issue with this. In total she will be taking 13 items. This will make room in my selling area that I can now post more items.

I had to laugh though she is taking one item I knew I had a number of people watching and as soon as she said she was interested within 10 minutes, 3 more people messaged me wanting the same item.

This has motivated me to post more stuff including some stuff I am going to post for free. I would prefer to offer my items for free than donate them and have someone sell them. I always hope these items go to someone who really needs them, some of our local thrift stores do not have the best reputations.

After I posted yesterday well I was having my lunch I wrote myself a to do list for the house. Normally when I am feeling blah I force myself to clean for 30 minutes and set the timer on my phone but I knew yesterday that would not work, I would give up. So instead I wrote down simple and quick things I could do and told myself if you do not get them done you can do them Friday. Well I got most of them done, a few things were pushed over to today but I am happy.

I think the biggest reason I did not want to deal with the stuff from our shop was my kitchen was a disaster, just stuff everywhere. So I cleaned it and that helped, once I had room to work I blew through our shop. I just need to put away the potatoes and apples in the basement now, this is on today's list.

I have a small to do list for today of quick and easy things I can do when I need a break from work. Feeling like it will be a good day and I can get some more marked off my to do list.

Have a great day everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Ds just won a 12” pan pizza from Pizza Hut from the radio station.
    Dh won a 12” pizza from a local place, from a charity raffle ticket. We’ll redeem both coupons on the same night and have a free pizza supper.
    Tweets77, JadeAngel, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Nice day out today!

I left DS with a list of chores to get done before he goes to work. He took on an extra shift tonight. Good to get him out of the house after being home so long with no school or work! And each shift adds more to his cash tips he receives at the end of the month

I brought shreddies and a banana for breakfast. Trying to clean out a cupboard and the best way is to use stuff up Once everything is cleaned out of it I want to move all my baking dishes etc in there. I need some organization in my life!

We are discussing camping plans in Algonquin Park. Have to figure out which days to book off. I have so much vacation time to use up but I still don't want to waste it.

Have a great day everyone!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning ,i am back spent the night in toronto at my daughter's .It actually was a bit cooler with their fan and we slept downstairs .She is talking about next year in spring contacting people about the ductless air ,they have one but it is at the top of the stairs and only really does the stairs.We had a lovely bbq ribs ,corn and roasted potatoes and zuccini on their charcoal grill(my son-in-law did a great job as they tasted like ribfest quality)

Relaxing and going no where today after 4 days of grandkids just want to chill,will hang my clothing out thou .

Daughter bought too much cherries ,so she gave me some and i gave son-in-law some of the fresh carrots i had last week and apples from the farm i went to.Its nice to share .

Daughter thanked me for watching sebastian as they both got sooo much work done -that is why i am here to help them out .Plus her and her hubby got invited to social distance at her best friends backyard for supper and a drink one night ,so it was like a nice date night she told me .
    Ciel, lilo0003, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Good Morning! Happy Hump Day!

I have my work list and personal list to accomplish today. A pretty good work day ahead of me with lots of clean up getting ready for the long weekend. Did the long weekend sneak up on everyone like me??? Geez summer is slipping away .

We need to take the canoe out for sure this weekend. Weather is suppose to be nice too which is awesome!

@coupon girl - Don't forget to save your PC offers
    I did buy my son his snow pants because I was thinking of the cold weather all this time that we have a heat wave. I am not a fan of the summer weather. We have an above ground pool and have gotten tired of taking off the solar cover (to be able to swim in it) because it is so darn hot out. Now my son is thinking of snow a lot because he is already bored with summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ciel, lilo0003, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath007 -i dont hesitate to call a company if something is off or doesnt taste great .I called pringles last week as they were soo stale and they were dated 2021 good til only the one can i bought 2 cans ,they sent me a new free coupon.

Granger -awesome deal on the runners for your kiddies
    Ciel, lilo0003, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Flashfood deal today. Free run omega 3 Large eggs for $1.54 Bought 2 should buy more since my boys are going thru so many eggs (expiry date August 10th)

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Drove down to Port Dover today. DH rode his bike down on the rail trail and I met him for lunch. Came home to work on the basement purge. Lots of stuff to list. I posted a bunch of games yesterday and they were picked up in 15 minutes. My goal is to post at least twice a day for the next 5 days. I have an old bookcase to go tonight. If we are working in the basement until the end of time I need it to be less stuff.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread Information