User Tag List

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1694Likes

Thread: August 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Lizzie, I would have had the same reaction. It would scrubbed from top to bottom.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

My middle child is on the road to their new place. Hubby is driving them. Pretty sure there was a conversation about not taking me, and that is ok . I am still crying. i know this is a good thing for them ,, i really do . but here i am crying. My house seems very very big and empty right now.

any hoo. it turned out that i am not working today. so , just doing housework for the afternoon.

my moms wood auction went live. lots of live edge, and cherry wood. i am hoping it goes well for her.
    With the brown out on the weekend , i am attempting to encourage her to get the generator. she was going to .. but discovered the price. sigh. she has the money. she should spend it on herself, to make her comfrotable. At least that is my opinion.

ok. off to do more housework... and prob cry a bit more. sigh. i already miss them .
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

***HUGS**** Giseledta
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

thank you . in my heart , i know this will be a very good thing for them .
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Giseledta-it so hard when they go ,i cried when my last one my son left home .My daughter i didnt cry when she left at age 24 ,she was a hard teen to raise always spoke up etc .But sometimes they need to spread their wings and fly.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I talked to my daughter and she booked a night away at milcroft inn (they both need the break as working from home with a child is not easy) it falls on a sunday to monday when we have sebastian anyway.I am taking him 4 times this summer to help them out .

Then my son told me he and his wife are going away to niagara on the lake and stay at niagara falls for their 10th anniversary ,he asked us if we would sleep over and watch the girls end of this month -yes no worries .

Hubby and i will try to get to niagara on the lake this week as it maybe cooler and we havent done anything this summer .Our favourite restarant(went there in feb) i will order pizza to bring home as i dont really care to eat inside .

Ordered a bike for my sebastian's 4th birthday in sept son and i are going half on it -they ordered it to their house as sebastian may see it if i left it in the garage .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We produced more power in July than we have in any other month since our system was installed. We even beat our May record. It’s great to run the AC and not be concerned about the cost on hot days.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    We produced more power in July than we have in any other month since our system was installed. We even beat our May record. It’s great to run the AC and not be concerned about the cost on hot days.
    That is great news!! Well done you!!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@Giseledta when I was 24, a month before I was to be married, the house we bought was ours. I threw my mattress into my car with a packed bag and said, see you, I'm out and sleeping in my new place! Broke my mom's heart. She went to my room and stared at the the little cut wallpaper rainbows in my closet and cried. I was slightly offended when she redid my room so quickly. Of course I had no idea she was heartbroken after me leaving until she told me years later. Now I know she had to redo it because it was her way of letting go. *HUGS*

$150 soccer rebate, $50 car insurance COVID rebate and $300 gift from my mom (apparently she got a one time deposit from the government from COVID, she and her friends decided to give theirs to someone they felt needed a little extra because they didn't need). I receive your charity mom! This will help with the sink and toilet replacement. We also had the transmission go on one of our vehicles this week. Le sigh. Save that to deal with another time.

Tomorrow we head to the cottage in Paris, ON. Won't be too much of an expense for us. Just living in a different place. Probably won't check in until we are back so stay cool and healthy friends.
    Last edited by Granger; Mon, Aug 3rd, 2020 at 07:20 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

So nice of your mom granger 300.00 will come in handy.I did that too when covid first started gave each grown adult my son and daughter 100.00 each towards groceries or whatever they wanted .Have a nice getaway .

I gave the grandaughter's a ball i bought at dollarama 4.00 and a top for ashlyn 3.00 ,and used my free coupon at mcdonalds for 2 donuts for them this morning ( i donated back in feb and got a book of coupons for mcdonalds -the coupon was for a bagel -but they dont have it on the menu anymore during covid so i asked if i could get 2 of there filled donuts)

My hubby put this bar type on sons inside of front door (it shifts up and over to open) as cara can open the front door and run out .My youngest granddaughter is so wirey and gets into everything .I loved visitIng them today hubby and i did.

On tuesday i am having a girls day ,my girlfriend called and asked if i wanted to visit as she has a week off work .Yes i havent seen her since may .

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I got a message from someone on kijiji for a pick up of an item but around 8.00 p.m i said okay i will leave it on front porch ,just put the money in the mailbox .Hubby is home or else i would have said another day .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner tonight was salmon, rice and coleslaw. With the rest of the bottle of wine i opened Sat night. So good and healthy and cheap dinner!!!

Can't wait to start posting stuff for sale tomorrow! Plan is to finish cleaning garage then Move stuff to sell ou there and keep posting! Will have a garage sale end of August maybe.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Sad my vacation is over, but I got lots of the little things done and on Friday I will take 4 bags to Value Village. Anything I posted for free that’s still here will be added to the bags. Dinner on Tuesday will be steak as we were rained out today. So I did fajitas and used up some almost too old veg. I also harvested several peppers and tomatoes. While doing that I noticed one of the acorn squash had fallen off the vine. I would have wanted it to grow a bit bigger but I am glad I rescued it before it started to rot.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had to do a last minute trip to WM for milk, etc.
    Scoped 2 different bags of quaker oatmeal (they still hasn’t fixed the problem from last weekend) = $6.47
    3x $4 Chapman’s icecream - $4 coupons.
    Plus a couple more coupons = $18.97 in coupons
    $1 from CO51
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Aug 4th, 2020 at 01:24 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning and Happy Tuesday. Looks like a rainy overcast day here.

My action plan: cook up some stuff and clean the kitchen
    Tackle the garage
    Clean dining room and post tons for sale.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information